What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"I'm back on the wagon, the weed wagon that is!"

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Hello!

My name is Easy but you can call me anything you feel comfortable with (my friends know me as MyohoDisco). I'm a Chanting Grower here on icmag and have been a member on and off lurking since February of 2004, reason for the name changes have been: OG Bust (when RC went down, glad alot of people are ok), and my grow last year was discovered by a neighbor because the dank I was growing stunk very much! OldPink and DG took care of me so now I'm just a bunch of Guest posts, and slowly reintegrating myself back into the fold, time permitting of course.

So, earlier this year I started a very nice grow thanks to some chronic clones I got from a friend and then I was fortunate enough to get authentic Abusive OG kush and East Coast Sour Diesel Clones which I have smoked in the past and have enjoyed very much (OG is my favorite hands down, very strong though easy to Overdo it... lol). Unfortunately I lost my first grow, after taking months to veg big bushes which ultimately produced more thrips than I have ever seen in my life and I was forced to get rid of everything in order to protect my future investments and it was really really difficult. I am a very positive person and destroying my crop due to negligence and lack of knowledge with respect to thrips was a mistake I'm working hard to avoid in the future so after I got rid of the infected promix and pots etc. I started again from seed at the start of July and continued to let the veg. till mid August, I'd say right now I'm at 21 days flower.

This grow is the first in my attempt to become perpetually productive, I started another set of seeds early august and they are doing very well at the moment.

So the temps in my grow area were above 90 degrees Fahrenheit and I had to use an airconditioner for all of July and August and could only veg with a 600w HPS Galaxy ballast with a hortilux bulb and now I am using an aircooled 1000w Hortilux HPS on a light rail in a large aircooled reflector. We have 21 plants total and the foods I have been using are as follows:

Pure Blend Grow
Pure Blend Pro (Grow and Bloom {hydro not soil})
Sweet (citrus)
Calmag
Liquid Karma
Hydroguard
Hygrozyme
Europonics fossil fuel
Powder Mychorizal bacteria from the hydrostore (little grey powder in a clear screwtop jar)
Earth Juice Bloom, Catalyst, Meta-K (have not used yet just a lite dose at the start of flower)
the cheaper equivalent of Bcuzz Root and Grow boosters by Greenfuse
Liquid Budswel Guano Tea (worst smelling stuff I ever used, raw fecal explosion describes the smell of this)
Nitrozime
DynaGrow Silca something (i use this silicon stuff as a ph up)
SuperThrive (ran out of thrive alive)

so I spent alot of money on nutes for my last grow because I wanted to make the tastiest medicine possible and its so many additives because in my last grow, babba suggested I use Liquid Karma, Bonzo suggested I use Europonics Fossil Fuel (for the humic acid), I been dying to use some Hydrozyme to see what the hype is about, the guano was purchased to "enhance flavor and enhance the microherds diet and needs", Nitrozime is expensive and I wanted to waste 40 dollars on a little bottle hoping it would help produce better meds somehow and SuperThrive is something I wanted to use in veg to see if it helps and if you use it on some and not other the ones who have Superthrive stretch quicker and develop more leaves from seed.

This summer I had some bright spots and smoked some really good herbs thanks to some close friends that I appreciate very very much, but unfortunately I'm back on the brick. Today a friend that recently finished a grow and I gifted a few seeds 3 years ago gave me an 1/8th of his stash which he grew with MG soil and ferts and it tastes chemmy but its better than the mexi-seedful-buds so YES, I am very very motivated to grow great pot and get past this.

The strians I am growing right now are actually from pot I have smoked via purchasing over the past couple years, I have kept seeds sourced from Bubba Kush buds (LA), OG Kush Buds (from Vermont), and haze (who knows? anything sativa-ish is called "haze" but these seeds were from really really good "metallic tasting/old school" haze). I also have some sour creeks from StrainSearcher from way back in the day which I will grow soon, "I still drool sometimes looking at the old pics Strain!". I was also lucky enough to get some Jack Herer seeds which I am growing now (had 30 and ended up with 12 females) and my oldest seeds White Widow (had 20 and got 5 females). So 17 females total, and they all look different and some are really showing alot of resin early on. The Jack Herer Seeds and White Widow seeds were generic beans sold from one of the original online seedbanks (off hightimes magazine maybe NLseeds.com or something like that) that would send seeds to the USA before Overgrow.com but I can't even remember the name, I just remember it took about 3 months but they finally came and I ordered 50 of each, at that time it was under 250 american dollars for 100 beans, now the prices are so so expensive I'm forced to grow these but I'm positive with my developing good karma, I'm bound to smoke some great gems in the near future.

I have been using the promix (with the orange letter that has beneficial bacteria, the green letters are Beneficial Fungi added in I think) from the hydrostore, my last two grows I used Sunshine Mix #4 but I could not find it this time, and Reverse Osmosis water. I stopped using my RO unit because for every gallon of water I was wasting about 3-4 gallons of water and it took about an hour and 45 minutes to fill a 5 gallon pail, so I have just been using tap water which is 80ppm here and the ph is 7.30 which goes down with the use of PBP (works better than GH or Floranova for me, but I have seen people do amazing with just using GH products) I raise ph with the DynaGrow Silica and the Liquid Guano lowers the PH alot.

So we started with little 4 inch pots till they became root bound and you could see the little pots drying up daily so I repotted into growbags (I'm still using the 4 inch pots for the "Hazes" and will show them with the others). When I did that first repotting, I was fortunate enough to get some buds from a goodfriend and bubble hash which I stretched out for almost three weeks and didn't repot them even as planned so some were in 1 gallon, 2 gallon or 3 gallon grow bags, the majority were in 2 gallon bags and the ones in 3 gallon bags have been doing great. The One gallonbag plants have not made as many pistils (little hair clusters is a better description) as the others at this point and I realize its from being rootbound so I went to the hydrostore and spent another 100 bucks on promix, pots & pans, and some more grow bags for future grows and will repot shortly after I post this and I will return with photographs of a before and after repot at day 21 because I need the biggest possible yield and I don't care if the buds take long because of this repot (the 1 and 2 gallonbags into 5 gallon pots, I might leave the 4 plants that are in three gallon growbags so they will be my first smokeable batch, sans repot induced stress, or I might not) but I feel it (the repot in flower) must be done!

If you think I'm crazy please say so, your opinions mean alot because I have always tried to share as best I can online in the hopes of growing great pot and in the past I really have made some special buds which me and my friends have enjoyed alot. So this time I'm trying my best to show what a Chanting Grower can do!

I'll be hanging more often in chat as this grow and the follow-up grows continue (We must become perpetual because its hard spending any money on buds, times are rough!). I would like to send shout outs to Mrs.Babba- my sister from another mother, Babba thanks for the outdoor thread and the great support, Bonzo- dude you rock, thanks for all the support and love throughout the years, Blazeonup- thanks for the advice alot, Hillie- thanks alot for everything brother, Baccas- thanks so much for being you and keep on chanting!, Wagsy- thanks for the help with growing and computer problems your a gem!, Tomhill - thanks for the PTK and SCBB I always wanted to try and grow that salmon creek bigbud, and thanks to TK where-ever you are the heri is out of this world!

I'll put in more details as we go forward, please ask about anything I missed out on, I'm feeling groovy off this smoke today (making and toking a mexi/miracle grow inspired semi-good salad!) and hopefully by november/december my medication statement will be something like "I'm smoking a jack herer, white widow salad with a dash of Bubba and OG!"

Be back in a few!

Last edited:

J-Roc

Hay man. sry to much up ur new started diary before you get any pics in.. sounds like ur a modest professional grower. just what i like.

sounds like uve got a bit of a seedstore there
lotsa kush. love kush man. such cool colors in flower.

"back on the brick"

lol.. thank god i live in canada.
k+

MID TOWN

Well personally I'd say you wasted a lot of money on addatives but whatever works for ya.

anyways lets see some pics.

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Thanks so much for your patience! I'm thrilled sitting here posting this, lol! Enjoy...

So this is the room before I went in there and pulled them out to repot...

These are the "haze" again we got a bunch of seeds from a part of a batch of haze my buddy gave me at a discount over the summer, always wanted to grow haze and I was afraid the beans might not be cured enough but we got 100% germ rates, very very pleased so far with these babies, I got them in the same room which is 12/12 right now for a couple days, only because I need to get another fan for the hydrohut (4x4) since I'm using my only inline fan right now for the flower area you see above. So, I'm a little at a loss since who knows if this is even haze because it could be a really strong sativa skunk from the smoke it was sourced from but I really felt almost a lockjaw from the haze the first few times I smoked it and it was not a nighttime smoke is the best I can describe it. So we'll be sexing these in the next couple weeks when the go back into the hydrohut real soon...

After I repotted I decided to only reintroduce 13 under the 1k and I will reveg the rest for another run on the side. Still didn't take clones because I been smoking this miraclegrow mexi salad but here is the most vivid thing I can share about the repot, the entire grow area smells like amazing sweet fruity dank, so strong already it smells like I was burning some really decent meds, hehe. My hands shake and my camera is only worth about 50 bucks but I think you get the picture, I'll take close ups in a few days to keep the thread going...

so we'll be starting more seeds and taking clones (late in flower, lol) and more repotting and planting, the goal is perpetual production, I never did it before, and I honestly hope I get past my current set of circumstances and reach a goal I could only dream of being a renter in america. The horrors some of us need to endure just to toke some mary jane!

J-Roc: I look forward to seeing those kush work themselves out and lets hope they don't go hermie on us, but If there is a colorful one we'll call it "J to the ROC!" thanks for popping in stay tuned alot more fun on the way.

MID TOWN: Notice I used the word waste at least once in my first post but hey I wanna make great pot, also got to add to the list: Backstrap Molasses, Ph Down, and d'oh I forgot, but I'll take pics too for the record. Next time I need to buy the 5 gallon jugs these little gallon jugs aren't enough, By the way I'll talk about my nute mix and ppms but they're usually in the range of 600-780 at this point, Peace!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

CC Rider said:
yo easy! everythings lookin great......ill be looking forward to see this unfold!peace

CC: thanks for checking in, I remember you from the last thread last year, welcome back and this year we're gonna have loads of fun! I gotta take a trip to norcal and pickup clones, they got the cream of the crop up there, maybe early next year but I'm planning on running through all the seeds we got here and we got a few surprises due out this fall because last night rummaging through my old grow stuff (ducting, tape, tubing stakes etc.) I found our old seed stash and we have some goods via friends from the overgrow days!

got some time before my chanting meeting tonight so I'll be able to take some more piccys, took these last night after lights on and realized you 'get what you pay for' proven in the performance of this camera, I need a new one and will upgrade as soon as I can afford it.

You can see that its clearly a sativa inspired crowd in there, I usually grow the indica dom. stuff for the medicinal quality (relaxation too), but I always loved all the fun and zany things that come from great sativa up highs, its especially awesome when its your own home grown. I have been chanting alot for a successful grow and so far so good. :smoweed:

(afterthought: *next time I think of getting additives I'll get a new camera because I like taking pictures of nature too.)

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
looking very promising my firiend! im pullin out a chair.. keep it up man.. and thanks for the words of support, i apreciate man.

E

EasyMyohoDisco

lol, even when I was EasyDisco, I still had the wonderful-Myoho in the middle....

lol, even when I was EasyDisco, I still had the wonderful-Myoho in the middle....

WAMEN: FORRRRRZZA! I'm very lucky to have a friend like you! Keep shining brother!

Update* This caught me very off guard because I thought it would be much less, let me explain.

Since I started from seeds I had alot of males, most were very tall very fast and showed sex in less than 3 days whereas on average for the females of both the JH and WW were about 2 weeks. So I had this one plant I was eyeing from the start, a JH that was medium stature but had a really shiny stem, looked almost like crystally, I was hoping this one would be a male but it didnt show sex right away so I put it in the middle so it would always get the most light. That plant started to show what seemed like three or four branches coming out of the top and it grew to show that it topped itself. I have grown seeds that have the mutants or the depressed babies that don't go far or get deficiency earlier on but this one was hopefully going to be a girl. I removed all the males and this one still had no preflowers so I ignored it, within 3 days it grew a bunch of bananas and at least a handful POPPED! I had some water in a small bucket and I drenched it to try and "neutralize" the pollen but last night I notice, Hotdog (hot diggity dog, lol) I have seeded pot, hahaha.

I have been complaining lately about how the mexi-regular pot is the only stuff I can afford right now (an onion of the goods is at least $450) and now my first batch of homegrown is seedy too, hahaha. Only a few but I'll say its on over 60% of the girls, I felt funny and inspected all of them carefully and notice all expect 2 are very very sativa like with very thin thin sharp leafed girls that look like the type of pot that will take about or over 75days to finish and the two indica inspired girls are both Whitewidow and are packing on alot of hairs and gonna be very nice. I squeezed a couple resinous seed pockets to make sure I was imagining this and yep they're there. After finishing up an hour or so later, the smell was gnarly rotten fruit dank. I'm excited, its been a while.

Since optimism keeps me going, the way I see it is, I won't be running out of seeds anytime soon now (gonna have over 50 from both types). :laughing: Seeing the glass half full in life makes days like today so much sweeter! :wave:

Last edited:
E

EasyMyohoDisco

Caveman back in school ( thats me ) and I haven't been paying much attention lately to posting, but I got a couple pictures with lights on, lol, not the best but you'll see what I'm working with (still no new camera, everyone is just gonna have to wait until I have a little surplus of money because a camera with over 7mp is just what the doctor ordered for this deprived wannabe photog, hehe)

Anyway, tonights feeding consisted of:

30 ml of PBP Bloom
35 ml of Budswel Bat Guano
15 ml of Dyna Pro-Tekt (this should be in your first three mixing components otherwise you lock it out.... I think, no data to support other than what I see)
10 ml of Kool Bloom (diluted at 650ppm)
15 ml of Hygrozyme

I have still been giving these plants PBP Grow very often with the Humic Acid (Europonics Fossil Fuel), gave them a spray of Nitrozime last week, gave them a few feedings with the Earth Juice Bloom, Catalyst and Meta-K. I think I'll be finishing up with more sweet (citrus), more Liquid Karma, and keep the Budswel jamming in every feeding with some of the kool bloom, but keeping the ppms under 750, no need to burnnnnnnn.

The veggin' Haze (bagseeds) got a dose of mix which had:

35 ml of Pure Blend Grow (not the PBP grow, the organic)
20 ml of Hygrozyme
20 ml of Liquid karma
20 ml of Hydroguard
20 ml of sweet (citrus)
10 ml of Greenfuse Grow Stimulator
12 ml of CalMag

I should be using calmag in flower, also I should rotate the plants in there. Now I'll work on a picture update...

P.S.: Got some new sprouts too, actually two heads (both of the OG Bagseeds, woohoo!) out of 8 beans popped today and were germed the other night (around 72 hours ago). Going to germ another 50 in a couple weeks or this weekend whichever comes first, lol.

:wave:

E

EasyMyohoDisco

1 week later.... day 28

1 week later.... day 28

roomshot

closeup

closeup

babyhazes

:headbange

Last edited:
E

EasyMyohoDisco

Coming along....

Coming along....

Just a little room update..

J-roc: Yo buddy, we're getting there! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Last edited:
E

EasyMyohoDisco

Really stinks alot in there....

Really stinks alot in there....

I see alot of resin, but unfortunately more seeds than I ever wanted. lol, I mean really alot, looks like half at least is cover in huge beans, this mexibrick will end at least, picking seeds won't. I don't know but I started the rest of my seeds tonight and we'll have a ton of sprouts soon. The haze are stretching alot and drinking alot, no sex determinations yet. We're just getting started, even though these plants are seeded I want to go another 6+ weeks with them all, some might finish sooner but what the hay? lol, I usually goto bed early to wakeup early and tonight is one of those nights that I just don't wanna go to sleep and have another nightmare, I hope I get a good knockout indica pheno to set me right this winter or late fall!

Thanks for the encouragement CC, I'll post more pictures this week, we'll have a little fun in this thread, I promise I won't keep it soo boring forever! When the new camera is acquired then its gonna be alot more vivid in here. 4.5 mp thats been dropped more times than I can remeber is a tropper in my book and even when I replace her, she'll still be used.

Looking good enough to eat. How are you with macro shots? I'd love to see some closeups in good lighting if you ever get the chance. There are some but they are tainted by the orange glow.

E

EasyMyohoDisco

extinctx11 said:
Looking good enough to eat. How are you with macro shots? I'd love to see some closeups in good lighting if you ever get the chance. There are some but they are tainted by the orange glow.

took me a while dudes but I worked on pictures for everyone to enjoy and further document our perpetual grow, the next round was put under 24 hour light to reveg, the hazes that have been under 12/12 for a while now in the hydrohut. a few seedlings just popped as well and I'll update with the veghut but now our first run at 39 days going strong....

To all my friends and new friends checking in, its getting better and the show is really moving in the right direction! took some clones and will try and re-veg a couple plants I could not clone.

The feeding schedule has been alternating between these two:

Earth Juice Formula
30 ml of Hygrozyme
20 ml of Dyna Pro-Tekt
35 ml of EJ Bloom
15 ml of Pure Blend Grow
20 ml of EJ Meta-K
20 ml of EJ Catalyst
35 ml of Budswel Liquid Guano
10 ml of Calmag

PureBlendPro Formula
40 ml of PBP Bloom
20 ml of Dyna Pro-Tekt
20 ml of Hygrozyme
20 ml of Sweet Citrus
20 ml of Liquid Karma
20 ml of Calmag
15 ml of Budswel Liquid Guano
10 ml of Kool bloom (diluted to 1000ppm before introduction into solution)

The EJ solution is running between 500-800ppm and the PBP solution is slighter at a higher range between 650-925ppm. The reason for this is the EJ is a bit hotter and the ppm concentration does not reflect the more pronounced (significant) drop in PH, I do not correct ph because since I introduce the Pro-Tekt as one of the first the ph climbs for a couple minutes after mixing, with the PBP solution I have to supplement with some kool bloom to drop the ph slightly into the desired 6.0-6.3 range ( I have gone as low as 5.6 and as high as 6.8-7.0 trying to dial in a bit in this grow after the late repot). Things are going well, the seeding is very prominent at this point and I just feel like its a good thing because I guess I needed seeds since I started the rest of my batch, looks like there will be a few hundred jack herer crosses, I'll only keep the ones from the better phenos for better results in the future. I'm really impressed with this one plant which I will document further in the flowerpix forum....

when I was zooming in on my computer I could see purple calyxes as I can with my naked eye but I think within a week it will photograph better and we'll have some nicer photos to explore this phenotype of Jack Herer that's purple and shorter than all the other heavy sativa Jack Herer phenotypes. Almost all the white widow look the same and are more sativa looking than representing much indica influence. I hope these cripple creeks coming up and other plants give me the indica boost I need because I have been having terrible night "terrors" and I actually had an anxiety attack on friday morning and felt really bad but I'm doing better ( was getting sick and a combo of weeks of constant nightmares and night-terrors and I never felt this way nor spent this much time without medicating properly...) All that will change soon, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Last edited:

J-Roc

Easy, your garden looks amazing my friend
glad you got a camera thats so good it can take away
the nasty yellow of a hps
keep up the good work!
and give us more great pics!
K+ WHEN I KAN :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts