What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

International Canna'Community Cookbook Appetizers/Snacks/Beverages

R

Ronley

Carrot Cake

Carrot Cake

This recipe for Carrot cake has been moved to the Desert thread.

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds good Ronley, have to try that, I love carrot cake, the pineapple sounds good, keeps it real moist im sure, thanks :)

G

Basic, but effective, Ranch Style salad dressing:
----------------------------------------------------------------

-1 cup mayonaise
-1 cup sour cream
-(*If desiring a thinner consistency, thin the dressing with either milk or buttermilk)
-Desired amount of either granulated garlic -or- fresh pressed garlic.
-Desired amount of either onion powder -or- fresh grated (or processed in a food processor) onion.
-Sufficient chopped parsely (either fresh or dried) for appearance/color.
----------------------------------
You can make this how ever spicy or bland you prefer, and add other items to it that you wish to.
-------------------------------------------------------------

moose eater

Last edited:
R

Ronley

moose eater said:
Thanks Ronley,

We recently made a fairly different carrot cake recipe than that one, and distributed one to some persons who had brought a dish to our bon fire last November. (A tact practiced by my wife is that when someone leaves a nice casserole or baking pan/dish at the house afgter a party, especially if it was loaded with really good left-overs, is to return it to them filled with something that's hopefully equally good. And the longer our lethargy has allowed us to keep it, the better what ever's in it needs to be when we finally return it...) ;^>)

We'll probably be trying your carrot cake recipe next. I assume that you're using unsweetened pineapple, no? (The unsweetened is plenty sweet, but I wanted to make sure).

I don't rush after a lot of desserts, but rather eat 'em if they're present. But carrot cake is one of my favorites; that and a good cheese cake.

My wife makes a chocolate swirl cheese cake that is basically a standard dense, moist cheese cake, with half of the filling removed, and made into a sweetened chocolate cheese cake filling, then swirled through/into the standard filling in the pan before it's baked. I'll post that one later.

moose eater

OO Please Moose post that cheese cake. It really sounds EXCELLENT.

I did not know that there were sweetened/unsweetened cans of pineapple.
I just get whats on the shelf and its very sweet. I think its imported from Tailand. There are big and small cans, This recipe requires the smaller cans.

Last edited:
G

Guacamole

Guacamole

6 Avocadoes peeled & chopped
1/2 Tomato (medium) chopped
1/2 Red onion (medium) chopped
1/2 C chopped cilantro
1/2 Tbsp salt
5 Cloves garlic (minced)
Juice of 1 Lime
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Juice of 1/4 Navel orange

Mash avocadoes, then add all other ingredients, and mix.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pickled Peppers

Pickled Peppers

Pickled Peppers make a great appetizer for spicy meals :mad: :bandit:

Ingredients:

Chilli peppers
Malt Vinegar
15 -20 Whole black peppercorns
Sugar

Method:

Wash whole chillies and remove 50% of stalk.
Stab/slice chilies with a knife.
Place in malt vinegar in jars
Add peppercorns and sugar
Seal and keep cool and dark.

miss nycdf

Here is a delicious beverage that nycdfan042 and I drink quite often:

-grey goose vodka
-fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
-a squeeze of lime, and another wedge for garnish
-a dash of splenda to sweeten it up a little bit (it can be pretty tart)

and voila! you'll be drunk in no time... hehe..