What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

International Canna'Community Cookbook Meats/Main Dishes

Nikijad4210

Veteran
Jack....Duhhhhhh, I forgot about using butter :bashhead:

Geez, there's a reason no one really likes what I cook---Most of it turns out nasty, bland, overdone, underdone, etc...Maybe Wolf's right, maybe I DO need to take some cooking classes :biglaugh:

G

Nikijad4210 said:
Jack....Duhhhhhh, I forgot about using butter :bashhead:

Geez, there's a reason no one really likes what I cook---Most of it turns out nasty, bland, overdone, underdone, etc...Maybe Wolf's right, maybe I DO need to take some cooking classes :biglaugh:

"The Joy Of Cooking" is hands down the best book out there. I give a copy as a wedding gift everytime. It's a "How to" cook more then a collection of recipes.

"The Joy Of Cooking"
A probe thermometer or two
a timer or two
And anybody can cook. You just get better with experience...

Last edited:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Mayple syrup and Mustard Glazed Pork Tenderloins

They usually come 2 to the pack. Get the ones that are not preseasoned.

Prep-
-Turn your oven on to 425 degrees F-have your rack in the middle of the oven.
-Trim all the fat off that you can and every bit of the silver skin off.
-In a bowl mix 4 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup, 3 tablespoons mustard.( Any mustard will work. I like Dijon with this.)
-Add a teaspoon or so of any seasoning you like to the syrup-mustard mixture. You can use chopped fresh rosemary for example. Or premixed seasonings like Mrs. dash. Anything along those lines to add flavor.
-Mix it all together. Taste it to see if it's to your liking.
-Now place your trimmed tenderloins in the bowl and thoroughly coat them well.
-Take your broiler pan and line the bottom with tinfoil(helps greatly with the clean up) and spray or oil the top of the pan.
-Place the tenderloins on the oiled pan(you can pour the remaining mixture over the tenderloins at this point if you wish) and put into the oven for 40 minutes.
-After the 40 minutes remove from oven and place the tenderloins on a cutting board and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. (This will keep the juices in the meat)
-Serve with your choice of sides and enjoy.

I hope you enjoy this. It's quick, easy, and delicious.

Dan42nepa

resinryder said:

Prep-
-In a bowl mix 4 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup, 3 tablespoons mustard.( Any mustard will work. I like Dijon with this.)
-Add a teaspoon or so of any seasoning you like to the syrup-mustard mixture. You can use chopped fresh rosemary for example. Or premixed seasonings like Mrs. dash. Anything along those lines to add flavor.
-Take your broiler pan and line the bottom with tinfoil(helps greatly with the clean up) and spray or oil the top of the pan.
-Place the tenderloins on the oiled pan(you can pour the remaining mixture over the tenderloins at this point if you wish) and put into the oven for 40 minutes.
-After the 40 minutes remove from oven and place the tenderloins on a cutting board and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. (This will keep the juices in the meat)

Sounds delicious...

BirdDawg

Joy of Cooking

Joy of Cooking

I have to chime in here and say I have something in the neighborhood of 65 cookbooks on my shelves, from a 1950s "Modern Homemaker Cookbook" by Mary Meade to Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French cooking" and the Culinary Institute of America's "Professional Chef." Still ,when I have a basic question, I pull the Joy of Cooking off the shelf and look there first. In plain English, no frills, just tons of accurate info and lots of good standard recipes. If I could only have one cookbook, this would be it.

Dan42nepa

resinryder said:

Prep-

We made this over the weekend with some steamed aspargus and some cheesey rice a roni... delicious...

Dan42nepa

Honey Barbeque Wings

Honey Barbeque Wings

Honey Barbeque Wings

Serves: 4
Prep. Time: 0:45

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
20 chicken wing segments
2 cups Bullseye® BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup honey

-In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
-Coat chicken in flour mixture; refrigerate for 1 hour; coat chicken again with remaining flour mixture.
-In a small saucepan, heat BBQ sauce and honey until warm; turn heat to low and keep warm.
-Deep-fry chicken, 8-10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree oil for 13 minutes.
-Drain chicken on cooling racks.
-Immediately toss fried chicken with BBQ sauce mixture.
-Repeat with remaining chicken.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great idea :yes: ,,the recipes so far look :yummy:

This recipe was made up while thinking about what to do with this seasons pumpkin harvest (fingers crossed). It could easily be adapted to include parsnips, turnip or swede :D

Roasted Baby Carrots and Butternut Squash - beside Mustard Potato Salad, Garlic Poached Chestnut Mushrooms, with Crispy Bacon and Croutons.

Method:

1) Boil new potatoes and cool.
2) Mix mustard and mayo in bowl.
3) Add potatoes to mustard mayo and place in the fridge.

4) Preheat oven to 200.
5) Peel and slice squash/pumpkin into a hot tray of butter.
6) Lightly fry baby carrots with chives.
7) Add carrots to squash in tray and place in oven.
8) Cook for 40-50 mins. until golden (with burnt edges).

9) Slice mushrooms and crushed garlic into non-metallic bowl.
10) Add some splashes of soy sauce.
11) Leave uncovered and microwave on full-power for 4-5mins.
12) Allow to cool.

13) Fry slices of bacon and croutons of wholemeal bread with ground black pepper corns until crisp.

14) Serve together with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar/olive oil and a sprig of mint ,,, (it goes really well with the mustard mayo) :wink:

Last edited: