What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cal/Mag or P Deficiency?

strung250

I'm trying to figure this out and don't know what is going on. I'm using 3/4 strength Lucas formula in 1 gallon coco pots.

I noticed some brown spots/patches that looked like Calcium deficiency and started using Cal Mg about a week and a half ago. I also adjusted my ph to roughly 6.2/6.3

Things seemed to be ok and then all of sudden brown started to appear again and it's rapidly spreading. I thought the issue was lack of cal mag but could it be since I adjusted my ph up I'm seeing P deficiency now?

Attachments

• 20190216_093532.jpg
    20190216_093532.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190216_093557.jpg
    20190216_093557.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 15503356939253131613326630906056.jpg
    15503356939253131613326630906056.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 19
R

Rab.C

I'm trying to figure this out and don't know what is going on. I'm using 3/4 strength Lucas formula in 1 gallon coco pots.

I noticed some brown spots/patches that looked like Calcium deficiency and started using Cal Mg about a week and a half ago. I also adjusted my ph to roughly 6.2/6.3

Things seemed to be ok and then all of sudden brown started to appear again and it's rapidly spreading. I thought the issue was lack of cal mag but could it be since I adjusted my ph up I'm seeing P deficiency now?

your ph should be ph5,8 to ph6.2 thats what i am doing.also
imo your better off starting in a small pot and pot up so you can
build up a root system.or if your in bigger pot just give enough water around the stem and increase water when plant grows hope you get it sorted. sorry i cant help you more i am new to growing myself

Calcium and Magnesium deficiencies tend towards being independently observed verses having both at the same time. With coco your gonna typically need a supplement for both depending upon your ratios in the feed your using. Most coco growers charge their coir well before planting in it. Once you find your balanced feeding, this magnesium deficiency will fade away ( pun mode off ) and the growth displaying this will be weakened permanently due to the lack of chlorophyll..

Also, it is possible to overwater with coco, unlike the parroting people who say otherwise. It can drown weak rooted specimens and types like the typical kush plants early in. This constant can also manifests into what appears to be deficiencies and then the typical grower adds and intensifies feedings further setting back the plants roots from developing properly. So in short without asking you questions about this all. I'll just leave this and you will be able to decipher. If not, well its looking like a combination of both of these factors.

Walk in peace ✌

strung250

My plants are definitely root bound at this point. They are spilling out the bottom and poking out the sides. I just started watering once a day a few days ago. Maybe it's a coincidence or maybe I should back off a bit? I have another plant that is doing just fine under the same circumstances/feeding. It's a different strain, but same nutrients and room.

Latest posts

Latest posts