What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD Hemp Flowers

Green Squall

I ordered a 4 gram sampler pack from a small company in Oregon out of sheer curiosity.
I'll post pictures when it arrives if anyone is interested.

Strains are:

AC/DC: 17.5% CBD and LOQ for △9 THC Levels.
Grumpy Grandpa: 15% CBD and LOQ for Δ9 THC levels.
Sour Space Candy:18.9% CBD and .1% THC levels.
Special Sauce: 24.7% CBD and LOQ for Δ9 THC levels.

Green Squall

Mods you can move this to the Hemp Forum if you'd like.

Buds are well trimmed, sticky and smell very nice.
Seems well cured, though a bit moist.
Not much flavor there, but the flower left a white ash.

picture.php
picture.php

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i've been smoking some for the last two weeks. pretty, like the pics. decent taste too. more importantly, the pain in my hips, shoulders etc has lessened noticeably, and i'm sleeping better. $25 for an eighth. paperwork with it says it is 15 to 18% CBD. thinking i might try mixing it in with weed as a sort of "marijuana helper", lol. they hate it at work (supervisors) because it looks/smells like i am smoking a joint in front of them in break shack...:biggrin:

Green Squall

Those don't look bad at all. Thanks for sharing!

dank.Frank

I ended up vaping some and the flavor was actually very nice.
----
Hippy - I bought it for the same reason. I wanted something to use during the day that wouldn't get me blasted, either to use on its own or mix together with my regular herb. The CBD levels vary from 15% up to almost 25%. The paperwork was pretty funny, letting law enforcement know it is a totally legal product under the Agricultural Act of 2014.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm only LOL cause of the names.grumpy grandpa! Not being sarcastic.i like high CBD myself.looks good

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i've been smoking some for the last two weeks. pretty, like the pics. decent taste too. more importantly, the pain in my hips, shoulders etc has lessened noticeably, and i'm sleeping better. $25 for an eighth. paperwork with it says it is 15 to 18% CBD. thinking i might try mixing it in with weed as a sort of "marijuana helper", lol. they hate it at work (supervisors) because it looks/smells like i am smoking a joint in front of them in break shack...:biggrin:

tried mixing high CBD with high thc weed in a SMALL joint today. reminded me of what happens when you combine aspirin with another painkiller; mixture was stronger than expected, buzz lasted MUCH longer. it was as if the CBD stuff (added as Marijuana Helper :)) magnified the effect of the THC...:biggrin:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's sort of my goal for starters, @aohippy, and the same reaction I hope to have by increasing the synergy.

Med Tree Suzy Q Bx2 is a type II chemovar line, so some plants are likely to have above .3 thc thresholds, but should all be high CBD types averaging in the 42:1 range. The Suzy Q clone, varies based on the grower but is usually about 15% CBD with below .3 THC.

Given this is my first grow with what is essentially hemp and having never seen any documentation of the mother or the resulting seed line being grown, I have no idea what to expect.

I will say, for under 315w @4wk these are some FAT buds already. Soda can sized. However, there is very little resin production at this point, although, calyxes are just forming and glandular activity is increasing.

Temps are a bit high at canopy level - being 68 at night and 84 with lights on, but that shouldn't impact it this greatly. So, anyone with hemp growing experience have any thoughts?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

PDX Dopesmoker

tried mixing high CBD with high thc weed in a SMALL joint today. reminded me of what happens when you combine aspirin with another painkiller; mixture was stronger than expected, buzz lasted MUCH longer. it was as if the CBD stuff (added as Marijuana Helper :)) magnified the effect of the THC...:biggrin:

CBD is known to magnify a lot of substances, it inhibits a digestive enzyme which decreases the digestion rates for some drugs for sure. As far as magnifying THC, I never heard that specifically, but THC-CBD mix done right can sure be nice

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
all strains contain CBD in various amounts. I medicate. I don't use hemp for CBD but, CBD rich strains (AC/DC, Dt, Ww). Although the head is clr I can feel the tingling sensation racing through my body. It would be akin of taking X mg of CBD and doubling it but, with an added THC kick. I used to medicate (straight CBD) @ 15mg 2x a day and 30mg before bed. Yes there is a difference!

FWIW should you green out on cannabis, a 15-30mg of CBD will bring you down nicely. :tiphat:

Green Squall

A lot of companies are now making concentrates with high CBD hemp, so I had to try some. Here's some bubble hash extracted from fresh-frozen hemp flowers. Has a decent scent, but flavor is lacking. Doesn't bubble, but burns clean to a white ash. I took a large rip before trimming this afternoon and it gave me a clear headed, content feeling.

picture.php

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Right on, Green Sq!
Yeah, contacted a farmer and have a variety of seeds we're playing with. Have numerous friends/customers that like our CBD capsules made with Otto II and Cherry Wine/Berry Blossom that we did 12/12 this winter.

Starting a new grow and hope to have several CBD/hemp hybrids by end of summer. German, Chinese and several CO strains.

I take 3 capsules (15mg) twice daily...have felt less pain, less inflammation. Better than a stick in the eye!

Green Squall

Congrats on your new endeavor! How do you prepare your capsules? I received 5 free with my order filled with decarbed hemp. Thought that was interesting since I'm used to oil based ones.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Right on, Green Sq!
Yeah, contacted a farmer and have a variety of seeds we're playing with. Have numerous friends/customers that like our CBD capsules made with Otto II and Cherry Wine/Berry Blossom that we did 12/12 this winter.

Starting a new grow and hope to have several CBD/hemp hybrids by end of summer. German, Chinese and several CO strains.

I take 3 capsules (15mg) twice daily...have felt less pain, less inflammation. Better than a stick in the eye!

im growing a high CBD auto from aftrethough now.i also have a couple super rich hi cbd hemp started, an i also have several high cbd thc hybirds.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2019. - Never thought I'd see the day when this was a plausible reality. High CBD Hemp.

This is a contracted trail plot for a particular soil bacteria. Their product is registered for use on other crops and they wanted hemp data. The white flags indicate different application rates and all growth rates are charted. At the end of each row, a plant will be pulled, root mass measured based on several different criteria. You can see this has been happening, as the rows do not end exactly evenly.

This is all one strain. All planted from clone. Plants are 3 weeks apart. 40 acres. 1,800 plants an acre. It just keeps going.

I did the soil fertility management program for this 40 acres so it would be in full compliance with the contract.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

dank.Frank

Last edited:

DJbigbud

Looks like the rows have been hilled a bit, what is the benefit of that? Also does anyone know of a good FEM HEMP CBD Auto?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hilling is specific to the cultivation equipment being used to keep weeds down. Helps with irrigation in arid areas as well.

dank.Frank