What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very slow germ time.. 6°C at night is that why?

B

Bluemater

A friend is having very slow germination time and slow growing seedlings it is late in the season but goes down to 6° C where he's at at night is this the reason you think? I mean 5 days nothing above the surface yet but have seen other people having 5/5 well above surface day 2 on same strain but friend has taken them from glass to wet paper towel and they were still in the paper towel day 2 and growth rate of root was at a crawl it was slightly warmer cause indoors.. Maybe 8°C but 26° during the day.. Is it the temps? Tap water? Could it be a chemical in the paper towel?.. Strains are cbg auto among others.. All slow as fk! Thanks..

B

Bluemater

One bean is still in cotton wool ffs lol, is that shit normal? 5 days later..

B

Bluemater

The others went into soil day 3 how the fuck has some dude got 5/5 WAY above the surface day 2?

B

Bluemater

Soaked Overnight in a glass of water, 4 CBG's cracked, went into paper towel and the next day.. In retrospect he wishes he had've used cotton wool.. Going into organic soil, 4 are outside tonight and it's 6° is this why they ain't doing nothing? Thanks?

mack 10

Veteran
They prob dead.
Way to cold.
Soon as the seed cracks open you have a small window
To get them up.
Anything under 15.c is doom.

Maybe you be lucky?

B

Bluemater

Yea fellas, time for some fkn popcorn if they live! Dunno how this is possible in late spring.. Thank you all very much!

B

Bluemater

Same temps for at least a week.. If the temps are this cold in late spring then they will be again for most of flower.. How the fuck are they supposed to finish? I mean I live in a temperate Mediterranean fucking climate! This is Australia! :gday: I know people successfully grow pot here outdoors but how?..

B

Bluemater

Just checked and it doesn't dip much below 10° 'till April, hopefully they can finish..

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
try something else

try something else

I have found that germinating the seed in a soil mix, instead of paper towels, do much better for soil grows! Get you some plastic cups and fill them with good organic soil. Plant them in the cups and keep them in a warm well lit area until there leaves get big! When you see the true leaves, plant them outside in full sun! Make sure its after the last frost of the season. Using this method is 100%