What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOMA NYCD Lover Thread *Post Nycd Pics*

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
BubbleFunk said:
yah....I might have considered that if she wasn't in a room with BOGBubble, Bubba Kush, a few Og crosses, and Kris Reeves....................me don't need THAT many seeds hehehehehe...................

Bf

i remember when i got the strawberry cough Femmed seeds from dr chronic....it wasnt what i ordered but i grew them anyway(tahts the second time hed done that...originally he did it with blueberry, but anyways) i grew the five seeds i only got two females...both phenos were identical but they grew a lot of nanners in the last few weeks....but one pheno only grew a couple nanners... this one gyu had 18 cuts of this pheno and he got a nice ammount of seed but not as much as youd think...some hermie plants have a larger percentage of male pollen parts than female pistilate parts... even nycdiesel has that famous nanner or twot hat pops up! i LOVE that in a strain...i love a gooood strain that selfs iself witha nanner or two...NOT large clusters of sacks n flowers...thats not goood..but a nanner or two its cool....femmed seed lke that is ok with me....

the worst experience with hermie seed again was from dr chronic...he GAVE me a pack ofnirvana femmed "venus" seeds and made them sound wonderful for some **** up on his part AGAIN...(his buisiness runs smoooth, he gets the seeed out and it gets to its destination, but alotta problems with incorrect orders)....anways that venus from nirvana femmed seed was horrible.it was like 22% female... and the rest male...it was disgusting...the poor slob i was teaching how to grow at the time had other ..... better strains growing at the same time and i didnt know it was gonna her out that bad but it did LOL...this popoor kid calls me up one day asking me about what to do an di came over n it was really funny..wishi had a picture....anyways just get standard seeds if you can help it!!!! but if you get femmed seeds pray you get only a few nanners and not a clusterfu*C*k of male flowers

ps bog seeeds are known to herm out..and ive heared theres alotta fake f2's but iremember getting a very rushed pack of grape ape or some crap he and his son RUSHED out and it herm out out on me..terrible bud....very small...i had a bad experience with bog..hes beeen rude ot me....the guys kinda weird to e....the only good thing he ever had was the sour bubbble which he got from a cut from someone on OG anyways LOL

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
^^looks like the tall sativa pheno....i remember three distinct pheno's out of the four females i had....two of the phenos were exactly the same....very tall...and grew some HUGE colas! the serration on the leaves looks similar to that pheno. The specific pheno held the nice 'exotic" high but t didnt have the smell or taste i was looking for, it most resembled the closest in taste to the non purple indica pheno that stayed short and did not turn purple. The pheno that turns purple has an intense aroma even in early veg of what some say is ruby red grapefruit, others call "fuel" i simply call it deliscious and hard to explain..kida like a citrus tree meets a skunk....very tasty and the smell lingers in your pallette for hours. Oh yea and as i mentioned early in veg you can smell that distinct aroma and i am sure ill be able to identify it when i get the new pack of NYCD(i consider myself pretty experienced with nycd as i have grown three packs of it already, and i think i have cataloged a major ammount of the phenotypes, altho i cant wait for my new pack of NYCD to arrive to see if i can find something new ):D nice work GDW!!!

took down my purple indica kodiak gold tonight :D

Last edited:
G

Thanks NYCDFAN,

That cut is the fuely pheno. Taste stays in your mouth and is more skunky if i remember right. I got this girl stash in a safe location and will get her going again. I've also got a new pack of seed from Soma and also somemore F2's, I'm I'm right there with you. I personally like this strain. Some people prefer ECSD, but I never had to look pass NYCD. I will compair them once I get going again. Can't wait to see your new thread. Once you get your seeds. Will be hanging out and watching.
Take care,
BG

G

Thanks, just book marked it to read through. I don't know if you knew this, but there was some NYCD seeds on seedbay at a special price. Think they where at 112 and not the normal price. Which I know they are more. I know, the pack I have now. I got them on a special for about 110, but they went quick and Dutch only listed a few. Might want to check them out if you didn't already order any. Later, and thanks for the link on the thread. Will read through it all.
Later,
BG

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
yes i got an order in for some nycd from DG she "found" some for me, i hope to duplicate my last grow...i know this strain really well....im gonnna pray i find that specific pheno i love@!!

G

nycdfan042 said:
yes i got an order in for some nycd from DG she "found" some for me, i hope to duplicate my last grow...i know this strain really well....im gonnna pray i find that specific pheno i love@!!

Sweet. Good luck with those. I'm sure you'll find what your looking for. I've got some F2's to play with and I've also got a new pack from Soma. Going to look for a good male and a new female. Going to keep this girl here in the pictures, but I want to find a more Citrus pheno. Will see what happens this spring. Dutch, is awesome. She's saved me a few times. Digged deep in that stash and came out with some goodies.
Take care,
BG

Nice pictures Expresso. Mine turns colors like that towards the end of flowering. She will also get super black if you take her longer also. Thanks for sharing you pictures with us.
Take care,
BG

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
aweseom expresso!!very pretty that was the pheno that was my favorite ithink you have there(amazingly healthy plant)...i had two short stout indica dominant phenos that looked identical yet smelled entireley different yet awesome...the one that turned purple smelled incredible, like pineapple fruit punch or something ...very veyr intense also a very beautiful and distinguished plant....you cannot mistake this plant for new york city diesel...it is very very recognizable by looks smell n taste.....man i miss that pheno(i hope the one i have is IT!@)
100789-30-07_purple_keef_3.jpg

^^^^ Kodiak Gold Keeef!

Last edited:
Howdy everyone. I came into this thread because of a hybrid of a NYCD father to some other female (orange cali-o x skunk#1). I have some indica dominant plants-both male and female- and I am going to breed back to the indica pheno. But because the bud I am working with is a hybrid, I have had trouble finding out which strain the indica dominant pheno originally came from to which I would in effect be backcrossing back to.

I see from this post that there is some variation in the NYCD, which means the indica dom traits could be coming from the NYCD male, or the indica dominant aspect of the skunk #1 part of the mother.

Though the comment is long out of date (post 61 of this thread), I wanted to give my 2 cents on BOG (Bushy Older Grower). The genetics I got from him were his work derived of the famous White Label BubbleGum of 2001/2002 from which he made BOGBubble, BoggleGum, and LifeSaver. I had very good results from these crosses and they were equal to my White Label BubbleGum genetics. At that time, BOG was really focusing on bubble hash production and really centering in on the White Strains. I thought most of his crosses were with Cinderella 99 and White Widow to the WL BubbleGum. I am sorry if he pissed anyone off, but I never had any hermies. One does notice that the price of his seeds has risen from 50$ US in the early days to 125$ US today.

Anyway, I didn't mean to camp out and steal the thread. I just want to find info on the indica dominant traits of my current grow. Thanks, and I hope to see more pics of NYCD, a great strain.

Any comments on which is the more potent of the NYCD phenos-- indica or sativa?

Thanks,
The Afficianado

Quaze

New York Diesel my favorite for many years now still growing them

started some NYD 2 weeks ago so pics coming up next week

you people show me beautifull stuff thanks especialy the polyploid

is that nyd x what???? amazing looking plant

:woohoo:

mixin

Hi nycdfan, bad news with your ratio from this summer. My experience lower Temp. in germination give you more females.

my dry NYCD

this looks like the same "firecrotch nycd pheno" i just grew out. mine has even more red hairs than that on some nugs. not much to smell. pretty bland actually. hopefully once it dries a little more the smoke will be good

TrychomeMadness

jonas@diesal that pheno is incredably beautiful..i love the high leaf ratio with the tiny pistals covering the top..really gorgious may take some time to trim but well worth it :)

jonas@diesel

???? ???????:?9-THC
Veteran
... especialy the polyploid

is that nyd x what???? amazing looking plant

:woohoo:

it's regular soma NYCD (not the g-13 cross or fem.)

it get that shape because it's like having 4 colas merging together

but thanks for kind words