What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AK48 from Nirvana (Smoke Report)

Saratj1

I got some ak48 about 3 weeks into flower and can't wait, it's looking delicious. It smells a little of cherries but I'm not sure, it could be my wishful thinking, as it's very subjective at this point.

there goes edro

Veteran
I ran AK48 before. Very vigorous and productive plant. Ended up flowering 2 females in 1\2 pots under just a 150w hps and got 1.25 oz off one and 1 oz off the other. I did top both but vegged for about 4 weeks. Very frosty plants with good potency. Think I should get another pack when I order some Auroa Indica that I want also.

Gelado`

Veteran
If you don't mind a little pheno hunting, there are some absolute steals to be found in Nirvana's (stolen) genepool. ;)

FIREGOD

I think.most people forget or just dont realize that the dude running Nirvana used to have ties to Positronics and been in the cannaworld long before most. Ive read that description too about ice and jh. Ever think that might be the actual parents?
Remember too,,, this guy had access to the other strains that most companies had backnin the day before they were copywriting names. Nirvana used to call theirs ak47 as well as bubblegum and jack herer "before " shit got copywritten making the namechange occur.

Just food for thought..

I must say i gave alot of their genetics a try over the yrs and found them all PDG and really good examples. Ive had phenos of their NL where the buzz was 6 hrs long. After sampling several times it made me time it because it was so impressive.
Genetics,,, experience tilt ... who knows but it def slammed alot of stuff that was supposed to.be the new hotness up n coming shit!

Nirvana will cross skunk1 to some but not all. Dude knows secrets and was around before these forums "AND " he had access to ALOT of genetics before some of todays brand name breeders /pollenchuckers hit puberty lol

All i can say in my experience is i have Never been anything but happy with their heans.
ive had just about everything from a to z, expensive and not so expensive and i will never regret buying Nirvana.

Gelado`

Veteran
I've been around since before Nirvana started, and there was a lot of commotion then because they were just repackaging other people's work. Ask Simon at Serious how he feels about the AK-48...

Definitely good genetics in Nirvana's offerings...but they were just the result of seed runs of what was available

Mel Frank

I remember when Nirvana started in the 90's and they were posting online pics and stories, like Arjan's strainhunting, where they were traveling around and collecting genetics and large quantities of hash. He had his son and daughter helping in his shop in the Dam. I always had good results with his strains.

Saratj1

Here's a little follow up pic to my previous pic. I'm by no means an experienced grower but this plant looks to be the best I've done so far, looks killer.

Nirvana Ak-48

image_zpsbd3b4df0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Really nice report on Ak48
Nirvana's beans are reasonably priced and thats a good thing.I Have grown out Nirvana ice once and I think I payed 25$ for a 10 pack of regs. The Ice is anther great strain well worth the time and space.

bigAl25

Veteran
I did get a cherry ludens cough drop phenol with my Nirvana AK48 in my 2010 grow. It was great weed and held its' own against seeds costing 4 to 5 times as much. I was so impressed with it and the bubblelicious, that I just ordered maui waui, blackberry and another pack of AK48. Iwas not disappointed by their genetics.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Two helpful but opposing opinions. Anybody else want to weigh in? Is there a cherry pheno of AK48 or not?

Gelado`

Veteran
There's a post at the end from singularity at Serious Seeds, and he says there are purple and even black phenos in the AK-47 gene pool. Feel free to ask someone at Serious yourself!

Saratj1

No hint of cherry on my stuff after cure. Everyone says it has a crazy smell though. Appears almost silver'ish with awesome bag appeal. A little fluffier than I'd like though (under 1000w HPS) . Buzz is mild balanced slow onset long duration, not really powrful but decent. Taste is really good, would have probably tasted awesome in soil. Weird smell carries over to taste in a good way.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 12

Saratj1

Just about finished trimming my second ak-48 plant and this is the best looking stuff I've done yet. Damn near some of the best I've seen but I'll have to wait till after the cure to really know.
It was unseasonably cold this year and a byproduct of that is some beautiful purple. Enjoy this plant has the same odd delicious funk as the last .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 24

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I've grown AK-47 and AK-48 side by side. They're nothing alike. I'm pretty sure there is no genetic connection between the two strains. The fact that there are purple phenos of AK-48 should be a dead give away that the genetic background is totally different.

Those of you hoping to get the famed "cherry" AK-47 pheno from a pack of AK-48 seeds are going to be disappointed. They're completely different strains.

ak48 is probably f2s of older serious stock, which is closer to the original stock than serious sell now from what I have heard.

Latest posts

Latest posts