What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AK48 from Nirvana (Smoke Report)

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Strain: AK48
Breeder: Nirvana

Appearence- My AK buds were light to medium green with medium orange hairs. The buds were very frosty showing that these buds are very potent. Bag appeal is awesome.

Smell- The smell is hard to tell but they had a sweet skunky smell to them. When the opened the jar with these you could definetly tell it's the AK.

Taste- The taste was awesome. One of the best tasting bud I've ever smoked. The taste is unique but hard to describe. I say a funky sweet almost cherry taste. Maybe this was the cherry pheno. If it was I should smack myself because I didn't save a cutting from her.

Potency/Smoke- The potency was very high. I knew it was a potent plant just from the resin production it had. A bowl is more then enough to get you where you need. This is a coughing strain. Everybody I smoked with coughed there ass off. AK is another strain that will fill the room with thick white dank smoke.

High Affects- The high is nice but kind of a paranoid high. I get a paranoid feeling whenever I smoke. I really don't like that so that one of the downfalls of this AK pheno. Other then the paranoia it's a half and half heady and body high. I can pass out quick on this stuff but still function alittle. For people that are not used to chronic then beware because this will knock you down.

Ratings: (1-10)

Appearence- 10
Smell- 8
Taste- 9
Potency- 9
Bag Appeal- 9

Overall- 9

This strain is well worth the money. It is very potent and had a nice bag appeal. I didn't like the paranoia but other then that AK48 is an excellent strain. For people who want chronic and don't want to pay out the ass for it then order a pack of AK48 and you'll have some chronic soon.

Last edited:

BOZWELL

good report ,just gose to show you dont have to sell body parts to get good seeds
btw how was she grown and what was the yeild like?
cheers

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
BOZWELL said:
good report ,just gose to show you dont have to sell body parts to get good seeds
btw how was she grown and what was the yeild like?
cheers

She was an experiment plant that I had going. I started 2 seeds and one died and the other was a female. I ended up throwing her in flower along with my other plants. She was really small and only produced about an 1/8 of dank smoke. She was a lovely looking plant with pink pistols and lots of frost. I grew her in all organic soil with added guano tea and Bio-Bloom. I sure wish she was a bigger plant. I still got 8 seeds left though.

XxJ03YxX

nice report. Doesnt sound like a yeilder, but if I get the chance, I would definitly buy some ak48, since I probably wont ever grow..

G

Nice job on the report, I grew out some of those very same AK's and you've written the essence of the strain. It's a good crop type strains with an enormously potent cherry pheno hidden in certain packs. I hope you try again to find that pheno.

+1 on the report. excellent job.

I had 10 of 10 seeds germinate that were AK48. They are about 3-4 inches tall and starting on there 2 true leaves!!

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
When it comes to yield I really don't know because my plant was forced early and overall it was a very small plant.

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
nice report i am really thinking of pick me up a pack 0f AK thanx again

Ncogneato

Yes. Very fine post. I have been waiting for this one. Seeing is I have some AK48 brewing right now. Very hearty growing plant. However, I planted ten beans and ended up with one female. Had to reveg and clone her out so my harvest is a bit delayed. It's good to hear that it just may be worth all the trouble.

greenhit

I grew 2 seeds, both were so good that I made both mothers after revegging.
One grew taller and the other shorter. Both were flowered at 8" and they
grew to about 25 inches for the taller and about 20" for the shorty. The
taller one is super expansive on the draw from a joint, and the shorter one
has a more soft draw. The shorter one had more brown hairs and the high
was more complex and lasted a long time, the tall pheno high lasted less
but like I said, super expansive a 9 at least on a scale of 1 to 10.

A winner all the way in my book.

-green

ColoraDro

thanks for the info i am waiting for my ak48 beans as we speak and i will be sure to let you guys know if they are growing the same i cant wait.

G

nice man, i never got to finish my ak48, but i understand very few pheno's are as good and better then the serious seeds.

G

Nice smoke report. I too have had very good luck with my Nirvana AK-48, still in the garden. Not to hijack your thread just wanted to show another very nice purple pheno of this strain. The purple shows in all temp's hot or cold. I love it. Nice daytime smoke. :joint:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I was reading in the Big Book of Buds 2 that AK48 is Ice x Jock Horror. So from this info I can't see how AK48 is derived from AK47. It's still great bud though.

D0nC0smic

I think i see a nirvana 4pack in my future, i have a pretty decent range of satica to indica smoke, but i want 1 Killer couchlock indica for my bedtime weed, this may be a candidate

Hey man nice report.I dont know if its pheno realted or not but I had some AK47 not too long ago and it tasted like fruitypepples very good stuff man.

Latest posts

Latest posts