Super Skunk

STANDARD SMOKE REPORT V1.0

=================================================
IDENTIFICATION

Date: For a few months
Strain: Super Skunk (Whitelabel)
Judge: Me
Breeder: Some guy in some other country, probably. Don't know.
Grower: Me

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION

1. Visual Appeal: 9

2. Visible Trichomes: 9

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for a more precise report.

Clear [15% ] Cloudy [65% ] Amber [15% ] Dark [5% ]

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Brown [X] Green [X] Gold [ ] Blue [ ] Grey [ ] White [X] Red [X] Rust [X] Orange [ ] Purple [ ] Black [ ]

5. Bud density: [9,5] Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [1] Earthy [3] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [1] Mango [ ] Pepper [2] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [2] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [5] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ]
Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [3] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [9] Citrus [9] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [7] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [] Lemon [2 ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

7. Aroma [7] Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.

8. Seed content [0] Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

9. Weeks cured [3] If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured. If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:
==================================================
THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc) [ ]
Vaporizer (enter the brand name) [Volcano ]
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass) [ ]
Joint (enter brand of papers) [ ]
Other (specify):

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [2]
Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [9] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [4] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [2] Iron/Rust [ ]
Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.

3. Taste [6] Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

4. State of dryness [6] Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. Smoke ability [7] Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

6. Smoke expansion [10] Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

SMOKE TEST COMMENTS:

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.

1. Dosage [4] Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

2. Effect onset [7] Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

3. Sativa influence [2] Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. Indica influence [10] Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.

5. Potency [8] Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. Duration [3] Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

7. Tolerance build up [8] Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. Usability [ ] Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up [1] Day - work [1 ] Evening - relax [10 ] Night - sleep [5 ]

9. Overall satisfaction [5] Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10.Ability and conditions [10] Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use. Yes [ ] No [X]

12.Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not be construed as medical advice.

What effect did the strain have check [P] off if the you got a POSITIVE EFFECT and check [N] if you had a NEGATIVE EFFECT

[] [N] Ability to rest or sit still
[] [N] Anxiety relief
[] [N] Appetite
[] [N] Audio perception
[] [N] Humor perception
[P] [] Imagination/creativity
[] [N] Sleep
[P] [] Pain relief
[P] [] Speech process
[] [N] Taste perception
[P] [] Thought process

FINAL COMMENTS:

As a smoke/vapor/bud this stuff is real good to impress people; Good bag appeal, hard nuggets frosty as hell smells like minty piney almost fuel like but more into the solvent type of stingy smell - and potency goes with the smell this stuff hits you hard and fast.

The bad part with the effect is that it's a "hybrid fuckup" high - meaning that you don't get best of the both worlds, instead, this stuff leaves you confused on the couch with munchies. Doesn't help with pain - makes it worse, actually.

I would not grow this again because this needs LOOOOONG veg times to produce good yields - I am running SOG, and these were a pitiful disappointment in it... I have three same type of systems with the same lights and same nutes etc, and while the best produced about 350g, and the 2nd system about 250g, this Super Skunk side only produced about 75g - I ran them with 4 day veg, 10 weeks 12/12

But all in all; A good strain, if you are not looking for the maximum producer

PS: I could not find a standardized smoke report from this forum (should be sticky on the front page IMO), so I grabbed this one from some other forum, hope it is alright

qbert

PS: I could not find a standardized smoke report from this forum (should be sticky on the front page IMO), so I grabbed this one from some other forum, hope it is alright

Which forum? It is a nice standard smoke report form. Very thorough.

That is a great report. But what made it great is this,

"The bad part with the effect is that it's a "hybrid fuckup" high - meaning that you don't get best of the both worlds, instead, this stuff leaves you confused on the couch with munchies. Doesn't help with pain - makes it worse, actually."

I am very happy that someone has expressed my precise sentiments better than I ever could. Judging the quality of the hybrid high by whether the toker experiences the best of both sativa and indica is a great perspective. I trust likewise a pure sativa or indica is judged by whether it delivers the best that it can. Not many understand me when I rant and rave that strains today deliver incomplete effects and provide little use as medication. I'm not crazy then.

C

Chamba

I 2nd that too santamartagold.

the type of highs, so perfectly described as "hybrid fuckup" high, we are seeing in many of these modern hybrids is caused by cash croppers growing buds who's main priorities are excellent bag appeal, fast flowering, heavy yields and to a lesser extent, potency....the quality of the high is a long, long last...so hybrids have been developed with these requirements in mind. With legalization we will see a massive turn around away from boring and weird, to the uplifting, inspirational and wonder filled highs

If someone offered me a choice between a little sativa joint that made me feel like I was a combination of Einstein, Hendrix, Donald Duck and an Olympian, all at the same time while my lung capacity doubled....or.... 5 grams of "bag appeal" that made me feel as if I had just been shortchanged, food poisoned, lobotomized and edgy in a bad way (aka the "hybrid fuckup" high), I'd choose that skinny jay.

Last edited:

Croissant

the way I see it different strokes for different folks.....

I know different people that like different qualities in the high.

In general people mistake raw potency for medical value which is ratarded.

F

Fluffy Clouds

[] [N] Ability to rest or sit still
[] [N] Anxiety relief
[] [N] Appetite
[] [N] Audio perception
[] [N] Humor perception
[P] [] Imagination/creativity
[] [N] Sleep
[P] [] Pain relief
[P] [] Speech process
[] [N] Taste perception
[P] [] Thought process

Doesn't help with pain - makes it worse, actually.

well i dont understand it much.... you say it doesnt help with pain, but you gave Positive for pain relief????? it looks like you really got confused:bump:

also feelings like anxiety and confusion can be caused by overdosing thc... for me super skunk has its place, and what did you expect from raw commercial hybrid? landrace-like high?
anyway thank ya for report:thank you: keep it up!

Billy Bones

I 2nd that too santamartagold.

the type of highs, so perfectly described as "hybrid fuckup" high, we are seeing in many of these modern hybrids is caused by cash croppers growing buds who's main priorities are excellent bag appeal, fast flowering, heavy yields and to a lesser extent, potency....the quality of the high is a long, long last...so hybrids have been developed with these requirements in mind. With legalization we will see a massive turn around away from boring and weird, to the uplifting, inspirational and wonder filled highs

If someone offered me a choice between a little sativa joint that made me feel like I was a combination of Einstein, Hendrix, Donald Duck and an Olympian, all at the same time while my lung capacity doubled....or.... 5 grams of "bag appeal" that made me feel as if I had just been shortchanged, food poisoned, lobotomized and edgy in a bad way (aka the "hybrid fuckup" high), I'd choose that skinny jay.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4539812#post4539812

:smoke out:

D

djingo

interesting read.
whitelabel super skunk comes from sensi seed. but it is a F2 cross of their own og ss lineage.
super skunk from sensi yields real heavy and has a very nice stoned and taste.

maybe the F2 batch is different..

guerilla415

any genetics that are that old that you try and run from seed are gonna be a huge numbers game, especially this far from the original cross (the parents are supposedly still the 1970's originals?) and these not even really being from the originals, it may make it even harder to find the pheno your looking for.

To judge superskunk on a 10 pack of new white lablel seeds is silly, but it does give a good indication as to the quality and stability of the product these days which makes this report valuable.

Thaks for the report, Ive always wanted to do a huge seed run of some original super skunk preferably from as old as stock as possible like 1000 plants and see what I find. There are so many strains out there that lend their unique terpine profiles and high to superskunk sport phenos, if it wasnt so damn expensive Id do it!

Thanks for the report, take care and stay safe

guerilla

D

djingo

any genetics that are that old that you try and run from seed are gonna be a huge numbers game, especially this far from the original cross (the parents are supposedly still the 1970's originals?) and these not even really being from the originals, it may make it even harder to find the pheno your looking for.

To judge superskunk on a 10 pack of new white lablel seeds is silly, but it does give a good indication as to the quality and stability of the product these days which makes this report valuable.

Thaks for the report, Ive always wanted to do a huge seed run of some original super skunk preferably from as old as stock as possible like 1000 plants and see what I find. There are so many strains out there that lend their unique terpine profiles and high to superskunk sport phenos, if it wasnt so damn expensive Id do it!

Thanks for the report, take care and stay safe

guerilla

hi, just an info, sensi seeds super skunk has not been reworked.
last update on the sensi ss version was made in the mid 90´s. though they do not have the grow space of a canna castle anymore, you can be pretty sure, they are still working with the og parents of this cross.
the whitelabel seeds are distributed by sensi, most of these seeds were outsourced produced.

This was my subjective experience and as someone pointed out; The selection I had was very small, limiting the scope of the review - I mean, I bet there are some exceptional Super Skunks out there, I just didn't get 'em from my pack! I just wanted to let you guys know that for me, this Super Skunk wasn't so Super.

For my purposes, Skunk #1 is better suited for general growing, as it doesn't require such a long veg period to give good yields and therefore does much much better in SOG, which is the growstyle of my choice.

For a person not in a hurry or one that has lots of space to veg, sure, leave a couple of these to veg in the corner for a long time and I bet you'll have a plentiful harvest.

But generally in my experience with other Skunk crosses (and #1) you can produce more product annually.

PS: Fluffy Clouds - Yeah I thought the whole thing the wrong way, apparently! :D

cyat

Veteran
dont sound like my super skunk, blazing some now. from neviles seed bank circa 1996.
orange buds fruity,bushes naturally, yields too!

S

stickey fingers

FUCK THE SKUNK I WANT RKS

FUCK THE SKUNK I WANT RKS

it's really sad !!! when ever somebody mentions skunk they never ever mention
RKS:fsu:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This was my experience with the hybrids from dispensary. All round smoke, but not specific enough for medical use. And all the types I tried from the dispensary were hybrid, whether labeled pure sativa or indica or not.

Thanks for the report.

guerilla415

it's really sad !!! when ever somebody mentions skunk they never ever mention
RKS:fsu:

you and me both stickey, shouldnt even call these skunk IMO, when I started growing I was shocked that I could never find RKS ANYWHERE, at that time it was EVERYWHERE in my town...popped some bagseed but I was young and never even flowered them...it's tough growing when your living at moms house...for some people anyways ;)

Someone has her...someone wiill find her...someone already has prolly....will they spread the word when theyb find it though???

guerilla

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have never gotten seeds from white label or green house that made great plants. Most of the White label stuff even hermied.

C

cheesey

I remember back in the late 1990s smoking real strong superskunk it was my no1 smoke super strong and great skunky taste .
Ive grown out 3 packs of sensi super skunk over the years and yet to find anything like i used to smoke , no way close at all .
But i guess this is due to sensi useing new mums and dads like all there strains

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ya the old school super skunk i am used too came from northern cali to houston by clone and then got renamed shoreline.