What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Automatic Log Out

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
It's probably not the first thread on this subject, and not the last since the problem persists.

I just lost another hour of my precious time writing a well-researched lengthy post. As I tried to post it, I was automatically logged out, and my post was somehow lost in the following log in procedure.

I realize that it is good safety protocol to automatically log out all the absent-minded stoners that would otherwise stay logged on for weeks and thereby risk their safety (well, some would perhaps say that if they're too dumb to log out, they're too dumb to run a grow-op, but that's just what some say...)

But it is a nuisance, and you should consider a function like an automatic message to a user telling him/her that he/she is about to get logged out, in order to protect what you've been working on. A count-down device could solve this problem.

With this said, in my present stressful gift packaging and pot roasting state of mind, I still wish you all a great holiday,

Cheeks

D

DoffCocker

Get into the habit of doing right click > copy before you hit send. ;)

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Sure, but you could just as well say "get into the habit of logging out when you're leaving the site".

IWanaGetHiSoHi

-Anything said by Rosy Cheeks is made up by a person trying to make himself seem important on the internet.
Hmmm. It's kind of hard to take your complaint seriously after reading that ^^ in your signature. The Reality is your "problem" isn't a problem for Most of the site ... Far more stoners forget to Log Out than are writing books (informative yet long winded or bs posts that don't make it to the boards because the author is AR & OCD and timed out in the middle of what they considered a Very Profound thought that just could Not be captured in 10,000,000 words or less).

Skip

Veteran
You should hit the "remember me" button when you log in. Also the browser's back button works good if you post doesn't go thru. Go back to the previous page & copy it, then login again & paste it.

Latest posts

Latest posts