What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Myclobutanil

HWY36

Any FACTS about smoking myclobutanil in your concentrate or is the jury still out?

Also, I had a co2 guy telling me the jury's still out on the effects of smoking residual butane. Any truth or all hype?

Myclobutanil, when combusted, Turns to hydrogen cianide. Butane turns to CO2 and water. one is way more toxic than the other, but both should be removed to provide a decent extract.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Myclobutanil, when combusted, Turns to hydrogen cianide.

but if you burn anything wont it give off HC?

theres a real long eagle 20 thread on here and like you said jury still out. if a un sprayed joint gives of eg 20ng of hc, what does a sprayed joint give off 22ng or 2000?

but if you burn anything wont it give off HC?

theres a real long eagle 20 thread on here and like you said jury still out. if a un sprayed joint gives of eg 20ng of hc, what does a sprayed joint give off 22ng or 2000?

Good question. Also, I would like to know the amount of HC present in distillate with myclo present. If it is being preserved through the distillation process, then is it preserved when vaped? What are the health concerns of vaporized myclo compared to combusted? Is combustion what makes it dangerous? How much combustion is happening in a vape cartridge? So many questions that a mass spec could help answer.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Mycobutanil is not approved for tobacco for a reason it isn't safe to consume when combusted, my opinion is if they cannot have on tobacco it shouldn't be on anything that is combusted, there is a lot of added things to tobacco so I think that says a lot, even if it is extracted you would need to run a pesticide screen to see what's left in the extract and if it's any I would personally not consume it or provide it to others, edibles I have a different opinion as it can be used on fruit and veg that is consumed and it can be broken down in the body but even then I wouldn't want to consume or allow someone else to do so.

Mycobutanil is not approved for tobacco for a reason it isn't safe to consume when combusted, my opinion is if they cannot have on tobacco it shouldn't be on anything that is combusted, there is a lot of added things to tobacco so I think that says a lot, even if it is extracted you would need to run a pesticide screen to see what's left in the extract and if it's any I would personally not consume it or provide it to others, edibles I have a different opinion as it can be used on fruit and veg that is consumed and it can be broken down in the body but even then I wouldn't want to consume or allow someone else to do so.

There's simply not enough evidence to make a definitive conclusion.

A reasonable assumption is vaping/smoking cannabis laced with pesticides couldn't be good for anyone ......... but the fact is people have been smoking exactly that for 50 years now ...... so you'd expect if it truly was as bad as the fear mongers are portrying it .... there would be case after case of affected people .... but there's none.

Draw your own conclusions ............

prune

Veteran
Did you know that it's been shown that smarter people live longer? They do, and the reason seems to be that they make smarter choices.

Of course other people say "Don't be a buzz kill!" or "Don't fear monger!" or "I like Eggs!", but when I think - I try to think like smart people...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
There's simply not enough evidence to make a definitive conclusion.

A reasonable assumption is vaping/smoking cannabis laced with pesticides couldn't be good for anyone ......... but the fact is people have been smoking exactly that for 50 years now ...... so you'd expect if it truly was as bad as the fear mongers are portrying it .... there would be case after case of affected people .... but there's none.

Draw your own conclusions ............

Working at a grow store I learned there is alot of people that believe all poison is created equal. While I am sure certain pesticides and fungicides have little negative effect, each chemical needs specific attention to detail.

When I researched myclobutinal it mentions repeatedly that it has negative effect on reproductive system and shows up concentrated in concentrates. It also does not break down on soft skinned plants. Such as tobacco or canbabis.

Imo the only use most people should have for this product is to clean up genetics. Chimera has written alot about how it is the only chemical thats cleans up systemic pm. Just don't put clean plants back in contaminated enviroment.

While researching I realized that the whole flavoring and exracts industry is very unregulated and this stuff is sprayed on everything from mint to fruit trees. Scary!