What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Changes at Skunk Pharm Research

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is we'ns pronounced weens?

Phew. I saw that CHS article one day and thought Ol' Dougie Curtis has infiltrated your ranks by crook.

Maybe also thought that a falling pipe had adjusted someone's sense.

Or worse yet. Ol' Dougie was right.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is we'ns pronounced weens?

Phew. I saw that CHS article one day and thought Ol' Dougie Curtis has infiltrated your ranks by crook.

Maybe also thought that a falling pipe had adjusted someone's sense.

Or worse yet. Ol' Dougie was right.

We'uns was misspelled and pronounced we uns. If'n it was ya'll, it would be you'uns. Ah sometimes get confused and unintentionally misspell numbers as well.

Yeah, for sure a tough crowd to slip something by.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ummm, not sure what the message means. At my level of computer savvy, my best guess is that something might be broke.

Another guess is that they are shut down to install the improvements, which would be a good thang.

I shudder to think what it might mean if it it is still off line next week. Ah guess we'uns wait and see.

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

They're baaaaack! Must have been broke instead of the installing improvements thang.

Got yur pm Greywolf, but I cant anser pms yet n you said you didn want to no who Im when tlk at Skunk Pharm. Im not mockn you mimking the way you tlk, jst gvn you a hard tme. Betr to stay anomous til after I fnish my bucket lst.

jidoka

It is sad to see these things happen in this business. But they do over and over.

Best of luck to you GW. Ultimately the people that provide actual service will win. It is inevitable. But til it sorts itself out lawyers and accountants up front. So sad...but...

PDX Dopesmoker

Thanks for the heads up brother! Another amazing thang I never imagined was available.

I find it somewhat impossible to believe that someone as demonstrably technically savvy as yourself seems to be consistently flummoxed by fairly simple computer type issues. If you ever do decide that you want to give up the headache of having others doing your website work for you and do it yourself instead, you will find that the task is far, far simpler than what you're doing with CLS design.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find it somewhat impossible to believe that someone as demonstrably technically savvy as yourself seems to be consistently flummoxed by fairly simple computer type issues. If you ever do decide that you want to give up the headache of having others doing your website work for you and do it yourself instead, you will find that the task is far, far simpler than what you're doing with CLS design.

Wait until you are in your mid 70's brother and watch how fast technology is changing.

It's not as much that I'm incapable of learning or keeping track, it's that other things demand enough of my attention that I have to choose priorities.

I just learn how to program and operate computer program, and it is replaced as obsolete, with operation of the replacement entirely different. Same with the TV, microwave, alarm clock, and now my all electric car.

Even the Seiko digital that I fell in love with when it first came out, had different programming the three times I bought one, and lets talk about changes in hand held calculators since they debuted in the late 60's.............

It was probably Dilbert that said, "I'm not an idiot, I'm an engineer, a common mistake." I can relate exactly to what he is talking about, because anytime we become highly focused on one area of our consciousness, it is at the expense of other areas, social graces for instance.

In my case I'm so far behind reading everything new in my field of expertise, that I don't have time to keep up in other fields, especially those changing as fast as cyberspace, sooooo do what all good Manufacturing Engineering Program Managers do, and that is go find someone expert it that specific field for that part of the project.

Before retirement, my most effective teams members all had different specialties, and we complimented each other as opposed to backing one another up. If we didn't have the in house skills, we went looking for the acknowledged expert with those specific skills.

What that allowed us to do, is individually focus on pushing the state of the art in our areas of expertise, in support of one another, so that the overall project was greater than the sum of its parts.:biggrin::tiphat::ying:

oldchuck

Veteran
I understand completely, GW, being in my 70s too. I read actual books and use a basically incomprehensible smart phone only for actually talking to people. Wise people our age know we need to rely on the millennials to help us keep up, to survive a little longer even.

PDX Dopesmoker

Wait until you are in your mid 70's brother and watch how fast technology is changing.

It's not as much that I'm incapable of learning or keeping track, it's that other things demand enough of my attention that I have to choose priorities.

I just learn how to program and operate computer program, and it is replaced as obsolete, with operation of the replacement entirely different. Same with the TV, microwave, alarm clock, and now my all electric car.

Even the Seiko digital that I fell in love with when it first came out, had different programming the three times I bought one, and lets talk about changes in hand held calculators since they debuted in the late 60's.............

It was probably Dilbert that said, "I'm not an idiot, I'm an engineer, a common mistake." I can relate exactly to what he is talking about, because anytime we become highly focused on one area of our consciousness, it is at the expense of other areas, social graces for instance.

In my case I'm so far behind reading everything new in my field of expertise, that I don't have time to keep up in other fields, especially those changing as fast as cyberspace, sooooo do what all good Manufacturing Engineering Program Managers do, and that is go find someone expert it that specific field for that part of the project.

Before retirement, my most effective teams members all had different specialties, and we complimented each other as opposed to backing one another up. If we didn't have the in house skills, we went looking for the acknowledged expert with those specific skills.

What that allowed us to do, is individually focus on pushing the state of the art in our areas of expertise, in support of one another, so that the overall project was greater than the sum of its parts.:biggrin::tiphat::ying:

I understand that you're already a busy dude with other more valuable and interesting skills and hobbies, but don't sell yourself short as a potential internet publisher. I promise you that sufficient mastery of the relevant computer technology is easily within your grasp if you would rather go the DIY website route. I mention this because navigating the necessary social relationships involved in having someone else do it for you seems like it might be more of a headache than self publishing might be. The basics that go into putting together a web document haven't changed in 20 years or so and typing up a web document really isn't all that much more difficult than typing up a post here.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mo changes!

Mo changes!

More changes at SPR to be aware of. While I've always given free access to use in any way ya'll saw fit, the rules have now changed.

Caution using SPR as reference material without permission from their "head cheese." I would print their caveat that clearly spells it out, but that would violate the caveat itself..............https://skunkpharmresearch.com/terms/

As he has the right to manage his new business as he sees fit, my best advice is to honor his demands to the letter, or find a new resource if that doesn't work for you.

For those of ya'll who can hang in there, us'n original skunk pharmer founders will have our new TheAlchemistResource.com site on line soon, to fill that void and we will throw in up to date offerings for the discriminating.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What imbacel piking ther neu shit. Look lik tring destroy site rep on purpose.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Thy dont kno th diference between winterize and decarb.

Regardless of whose picking their new articles, the manager is responsible, and imbecile is not a description I would choose, nor do I think he is trying to shoot the site in the foot. I think you may be confusing stupidity with ignorance.

My take watching from the side lines, is that he is clearly marketing to a different crowd than who we built the site to attract.

I base that on new threads like 5 Essentials every "Stoners" needs, and the since removed Rosin video opening with the chant, MF, MF, I'm so high, MF, MF, I'm so high I could fly.

As to confusing weak minds and ignorance, the deeper your level of incompetence on a given subject, the less you are able to perceive that incompetence.

My take is that the editor really doesn't know the difference between Winterizing and Decarboxylation, and if he did, he cares enough to have labeled it properly.

I also think the quality and depth of what's been posted since we founders were locked out, speaks for itself, so I will let everyone decide for themselves and not share my own thoughts.

The good news is that we now own, The Alchemist Resource.com domain and are currently filling out the new platform. It won't provide all of the rich history detailed on SPR, but it will have updated information for those who find the new SPR no longer meets their expectations.

Using their own numbers, SPR was up to around 83,000 views per month when new management took over. Since they are advertising that is their volume as we speak, to promote advertising space sales, I have no doubt they are watching those numbers closely so as not to be guilty of fraudulent advertisement.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PS: Nice new article on SPR about what returning Gray Wolves to Yellowstone accomplished! At our level of ignorance at the time we killed them off there, we had no concept of their contribution................

redlaser

Veteran
Regardless of whose picking their new articles, the manager is responsible, and imbecile is not a description I would choose, nor do I think he is trying to shoot the site in the foot. I think you may be confusing stupidity with ignorance.

My take watching from the side lines, is that he is clearly marketing to a different crowd than who we built the site to attract.

I base that on new threads like 5 Essentials every "Stoners" needs, and the since removed Rosin video opening with the chant, MF, MF, I'm so high, MF, MF, I'm so high I could fly.

As to confusing weak minds and ignorance, the deeper your level of incompetence on a given subject, the less you are able to perceive that incompetence.

My take is that the editor really doesn't know the difference between Winterizing and Decarboxylation, and if he did, he cares enough to have labeled it properly.

I also think the quality and depth of what's been posted since we founders were locked out, speaks for itself, so I will let everyone decide for themselves and not share my own thoughts.

The good news is that we now own, The Alchemist Resource.com domain and are currently filling out the new platform. It won't provide all of the rich history detailed on SPR, but it will have updated information for those who find the new SPR no longer meets their expectations.

Using their own numbers, SPR was up to around 83,000 views per month when new management took over. Since they are advertising that is their volume as we speak, to promote advertising space sales, I have no doubt they are watching those numbers closely so as not to be guilty of fraudulent advertisement.

Such an overall disappointing situation/ outcome, except for the new site coming online. Sounds like you have the right attitude and wlll be better off in the end, but lawyers aren't cheap in the meantime.

Has to be a way to independently verify that current views per month. Hard to believe it's what it was when all three of you left.

Latest posts

Latest posts