What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So much wrong, so little time. Help!

cannaisseur2.0

So here's the background. I grew for a few years around 8 years ago. Mostly everything from clone. Few seed starts but never any issues.

So I recently started 15 seeds to get some genetics going.
They sprouted in inert coco everything was fine, then I watered them as seedlings
Once I did that I noticed them turning yellow and a few leaves started to wilt.
So I figured maybe I waited too long to feed and fed them quarter strength (while the coco was still wet)
Didn't notice any turn around first day so I fed them again( while coco was moist) (yea I know I'm an idiot)
I noticed some new growth after few days so wasn't concerned too much after that.
Then I wake up one day and notice leaves on quite a few plants are tacoing and there's a little bit of white powder on the coco tops. (Not sure if salt buildup or pm? Mold? )
The rh was around 35-45 percent for around the first week. Second week I got a hunidifier and can keep it above 50 now.
They are a little over two weeks old
My light was roughly 10 inches from the start. I lowered it a few times then just raised it recently as to not stress too much.
Max temp 84 but not for very long periods.
Lights are compact t5 on 24hrs/day
There hasn't been much airflow because it's a small space and the fan I have makes them dance a bit much then I feel comfortable with

While I notice new growth in some areas, some areas aren't looking the best. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to save these babies and stop the tacoing and tell me what the hell this powder is. I just want them green and lush and healthy! Thanks for your time.
View attachment 419879

View attachment 419880

View attachment 419881

View attachment 419882

View attachment 419883

View attachment 419884

View attachment 419885

View attachment 419886

View attachment 419887

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What type of nutrients?

What EC (or ppm with scale) and pH?

Pot size? How often are you watering?

I would time the lights to flip off during this hotspot in your day and flush well with 0.8EC feed, ramping up quickly to 1.2.

Read the coco guides. The pictures do not work.

Don't mind how I write.

Cheers

cannaisseur2.0

Inside.. poor plant is re-vegging

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_3711.jpg

Hope pics worked now. I fed them twice with 1/4 strength maxibloom as I used 5ml for veg in the past with awesome results . I fed them twice after I had already watered them because they yellow scared me and I thought I fed them too late. But I think I overwatered. I think it's more then one issue. The yellowing the wilting the taco the powder. So much haha.
I didn't ph the first time I pure watered first time . But ph to 6 when i fed the two times. Didn't read ppm
Pot size is 4x4x4 inch
. I was thinking of going 18/6 but they've been 24 since birth so wasn't sure if it was a bad idea with too much stress.

HqFarms

What brand coco are you using? The cheaper ones need to be rinsed to get the salts out. In my experience bagged canna coco and tupur can be used right out of the bag. With seedlings inn coco I like to start in solo cups and only be watering with a spray bottle until they need food, which is about when the third set of true leaves start growing. Once I start feeding i top feed and will make sure i get wet and dry cycles. I will stop the wet and dry cycles and feed everyday once they need start drinking that much per day. About a week after that I will start feeding twice a day until I sex then inn those solo cups

cannaisseur2.0

Yea I'm using canna for the first time. Used to use botanicare. Didn't wash this but I normally wash my botanicare. Wonder if that's a big issue. Sigh I just need this ladies to be healthy. Damn I miss growing from clone.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just looks like you waited too long to feed.

Seeds will acclimate to the environment they are germinated in. I pop seeds in coir flushed with 0.8EC base feed. Others go full strength.

Plants need food far before visual symptoms appear. Dave Coulier made an interesting thread on seedlings and first feedings. TLDR: the sooner the better.

cannaisseur2.0

See that's another really confusing part for me. Some say Feed from beginning. Some say wait until 3 sets of true leaves. I'll try and find that thread you mentioned.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
See that's another really confusing part for me. Some say Feed from beginning. Some say wait until 3 sets of true leaves. I'll try and find that thread you mentioned.
I'm new to this, but from my understanding coco has no inherent nutrients so if you are seedling them in coco you should do 1/8 strength nutes from their first set of true, jagged leaves. Full strength is too much.

cannaisseur2.0

Thanks for the dave coullier read. Awesome experment. So the pots are drying and I feel I will have to water/ feed tomorrow. If usually fed 5ml per gallon back in the day for full veg what would you guys recommend for tomorrow being at the stage/ issues they have. The first time I fed them after I watered them it was 1/4 strength

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At least half strength I would think.

Try to find a reference to the EC that certain measurements of MB give. It is a useful standard to avoid complicating threads with ppm or measurement conversions. When I/others give recommended EC levels, we are refering to total measurement, including the contribution from tap water (if applicable, some have very clean water).

It is not always easy to see with pictures, but the one third from the bottom looks overly dry.

cannaisseur2.0

Yea I don't have a way to test ec or ppm at the moment so just trying to cut the strength another way. I'll try half strength. Would you recommend tap water or distilled? Figured the tap water could have extra ca mg.

cannaisseur2.0

Ok I think I'm gonna go with half strength and tap water that I wasn't able to let sit 24 hours will that still be fine?
I've had a few people mention to only really feed around the Stalk of the seedlings and not to really water the whole pot or have run off.
What do you guys feel?
I'm used to water whole pot and having run off no issues when I used to have clone only but I know seeds are a completely different ball game.
Thanks for everyone's input so far. Everyday these babies are still alive is a good day to me haha.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Thanks for the dave coullier read. Awesome experment. So the pots are drying and I feel I will have to water/ feed tomorrow. If usually fed 5ml per gallon back in the day for full veg what would you guys recommend for tomorrow being at the stage/ issues they have. The first time I fed them after I watered them it was 1/4 strength

I just saw you had asked a question there, did you get a schedule figured out for your plants?

Latest posts

Latest posts