What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

thinking of doing a treetop grow

if your only growing in 3 gallon bags put two gallon jugs in a backpack and carry it in. in 3 gallon grow bags your gonna have to water at some point.

Yeah, will put nutes in that water too, will I not have to wash as often if I put in the water retain crystals?

bobert

Where I am it's abit too cold for spider mites and the tree spot I have picked is near some paths and roads but it's not very far from home and I'm not sure how often I will water it if I have water crystals at the bottom but I'll see.experimenting.:tiphat:

The mites will still reproduce at 55f. Just slowly.

Plus, if you're still colder than 55f, I'm not sure the effort would be worth it. Considering the growth would most likely be stunted.

Not trying to talk down your idea. I like it, and tried it before but it's hard work for sure.

Good luck!

The mites will still reproduce at 55f. Just slowly.

Plus, if you're still colder than 55f, I'm not sure the effort would be worth it. Considering the growth would most likely be stunted.

Not trying to talk down your idea. I like it, and tried it before but it's hard work for sure.

Good luck!

ive got other plants in the ground spot in the woods allready preflowered theyre doing amazing not stunted, ive just put the 1 caramella in a tree tied it up etc

bobert

If the temps are lower than 55f I can guarantee you they are stunted compared to - if you were growing under the optimal conditions.

But, you never mentioned your temps.

If the temps are lower than 55f I can guarantee you they are stunted compared to - if you were growing under the optimal conditions.

But, you never mentioned your temps.

atm i have a plant in my treetop grow which is doing ok, almost 2 weeks old and right now the temperature is 27C (80.6F) anyways it gets as cold as 15C (59f) tonight, um yeah, i would do some more plants but the one i have is quite hard to maintain i mean it may be quite a handful to do more anyway its just for personal consumption and in that woods i do get pretty nervous about crackheads or tramps as there is like junk car engines and shit lying around along with other shit.

bobert

atm i have a plant in my treetop grow which is doing ok, almost 2 weeks old and right now the temperature is 27C (80.6F) anyways it gets as cold as 15C (59f) tonight, um yeah, i would do some more plants but the one i have is quite hard to maintain i mean it may be quite a handful to do more anyway its just for personal consumption and in that woods i do get pretty nervous about crackheads or tramps as there is like junk car engines and shit lying around along with other shit.

60 to 80 is pretty good. Shouldn't really harm anything. Some camouflage would be a good idea so no one gets suspicious of your operation.

Good luck!

Slabs

im so glad you followed thru and are trying this method man answering your earlier question, if you have time why not start a grow diary on this... if not then throwing a few on this thread wont hurt.

R

Rageous8899

Dude i told my buddy i wanted to do some treetop grows and he thought i was nuts. Lol. Im glad im not the only one whos at least thought of it. (Max sunlight, hidden to groundfolk) but i wouldnt do this in hydroton because youd have to maintain ph wayyy too often and if stealth is important, climbing the tree 5 days a week will kinda eliminate the aspect lol.i personally would stick em in some fox farms soil and let tgat feed your girls. Never once been disappoi ted with ff soil and the taste of your smoke is unmatched by any hydro youll taste.If you do this please let me know what youencounter.

Sativan

Wish I could do a treetop grow There are too many helicopters flying over where I live in an urban area. Lots of military and state police choppers all the damn time.

Meds4Me

If it were I, ... I would use Kind Soil's Hot Soil, ... 3 pounds in the bottom of a 3 gal Geo pot and fill the rest with Coco Loco. It's a water only system so it will be far easier and stealthier.

As far as watering, one could make water bladders and run them on top of the branches so it's all gravity feed. For stealth, you could paint the water bladders to look like the trees branches. To hide the plant, find a tree that also has the same color of foilage as the strain you would like to grow.

I'd also put Mosquito Bits on the top and mixed a little in the Coco Loco for a BTI source.

Heck, ... with some percise planing, ... all you would need to do is put up the initial instal, then come back for harvest. You would only be there 2 times.

2 lbs of Kind soil has everything for a up to a 1.5 months veg to harvest day.

3 lbs of Kind soil has everything for a up to a 2 months veg to harvest day.

5 lbs of Kind soil has everything for a up to a 2.5 months veg to harvest day.

A Rambo Grow :tiphat:

If it were I, ... I would use Kind Soil's Hot Soil, ... 3 pounds in the bottom of a 3 gal Geo pot and fill the rest with Coco Loco. It's a water only system so it will be far easier and stealthier.

As far as watering, one could make water bladders and run them on top of the branches so it's all gravity feed. For stealth, you could paint the water bladders to look like the trees branches. To hide the plant, find a tree that also has the same color of foilage as the strain you would like to grow.

I'd also put Mosquito Bits on the top and mixed a little in the Coco Loco for a BTI source.

Heck, ... with some percise planing, ... all you would need to do is put up the initial instal, then come back for harvest. You would only be there 2 times.

2 lbs of Kind soil has everything for a up to a 1.5 months veg to harvest day.

3 lbs of Kind soil has everything for a up to a 2 months veg to harvest day.

5 lbs of Kind soil has everything for a up to a 2.5 months veg to harvest day.

A Rambo Grow :tiphat:
The entrance to the fallen down tree has been disturbed. I was nervous to go near because I know a crack he'd would have seen me to know how I access my plant. I was afraid they problem set up camp but I'll come back with my dad. Next week

definitely a creative idea but I could definitely see issues with doing that. watering being a big one and pests depending on the tree you decide on. but hell, that's what experimenting is all about. trial and error. best of luck man and if you do follow thru post some pictures lol

update guys http://imgur.com/a/R9Qvm
thats the photo, it was a slow start but yeah its still in veg too for sum reason :/ yeah anyways it looks ok

M

metsäkana

xD better stay in ground i hope thats female

Last edited:

troutman

Seed Whore
Watering is most likely going to be the biggest headache of doing a tree grow.

If do make one though. Please take pics. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts