What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Cropping question.

gr866

Veteran
I am about to start another vertical grow and have some questions about super cropping.

I am familiar with super cropping as I use it for height control when needed.

The question I have is where is the best place on the plant to crop. To explain a bit more, I will be vegging clones after first transplant for up to 6 + weeks, at which time I will be cutting back stems, do some defo and want to do some super cropping. I would normally do lite stress training to get the branches horizontal, but thinking of using SC at one or two places depending on which area give me the best response.
Which do you think will give me the best response?
This one would be SC at the red points. Will that send energy to the buds beyond the SC point or,

Again SC at the red points, will cause higher energy to flow to the SC point thereby giving the nodes coming up the branch causing it to produce more.
I am about to start another vertical grow and have some questions about super cropping.

I am familiar with super cropping as I use it for height control when needed.

Here are a couple that have been SC for height control. What I am seeing here is that the buds below the SC are getting large compared to the branches that were not SC. But the bud above the SC as you can see is fat also.

This is a nice bud but the individual nugs are not near the size of the SC branches.

This has been on my mind awhile and just want to know what part of the branch is the best place to SC, right off the main stem or towards the end to the branch?

Thanks

GR

Miraculous Meds

I use sc like in pic 2. I use it to slow stretch so that branch or branches I sc don't grow into the bulb n get light or heat stress.

I haven't really noticed larger or smaller buds because of it, unless I sc too late in flower, then the bud above where I sc, can end up smaller.

gr866

Veteran
I use sc like in pic 2. I use it to slow stretch so that branch or branches I sc don't grow into the bulb n get light or heat stress.

I haven't really noticed larger or smaller buds because of it, unless I sc too late in flower, then the bud above where I sc, can end up smaller.

Thanks for your response.
If i go the route in pic 2, it would start during veg. Would use LST on each branch as I tie it to the screen and when it reaches the sides of the screen I would SC it upward and tie.the branch at that point
Then repeat this with each respective chosen branch.
If what I have seen with this grow and the little SC I did do, there should be some good inner growth with larger buds.
Fingers crossed.

GR

betshtick

The more you SC/bend a branch horizontally, the more you affect the apical dominance and the more even the bud size across the branch will be. At least in my experience. I wouldn't overthink it though, just fill up the screen and the yield will be there.

gr866

Veteran
The more you SC/bend a branch horizontally, the more you affect the apical dominance and the more even the bud size across the branch will be. At least in my experience. I wouldn't overthink it though, just fill up the screen and the yield will be there.

I did and got 24.5 zips of smokable buds, from 4 plants. Also got 10.5 zips of shake, including 4.5 oz of buds that I did not want to trim.
But I got just over 1 G/W, so all is good.
Got some good medicine's.

GR