What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

lol. All good fam! Can safely say I have NEVER played a round of disc golf lol. Around here growing up one has to make a decision, golf or fish, well you know which I chose... yep the cow looks tasty
Good morning Badfishy.

Haha if you ever get sick of fishing (not going to happen) try disc some time. Its a great excuse to drink some beer and get a little exercise.

The spotted cow can is new as far as I know. I'm usually not a big fan of cans but the cow is really good in a can.

Fiddynut

Thanks a lot! I've been growing indoors around 4 years now, but still learning every day. I love all sorts of strains! Tons of zippy head sativas, as well as narcotic indicas. I've grown a lot of fruity c99 hybrids, a ton of different bodhi strains, 9lb hammer and vortex from TGA, and I'm currently growing alien rift and dark plasma from Ocean grown seeds. I'm loving the dark plasma so far, very cookie like! I love gsc hybrids in general lol, I hope to someday own a pure gsc cut or forum cut.:woohoo:
Good morning Brianmooredc1.

Sounds like you have some great experience growing. I hear you with learning every day, it seems like I learn something every day as well here. I have a lot to learn and I have to get more practice putting why I've learned to use.

I've never grown a very sativa leaning strain but I hope to someday. I'm with you on the bodhi strains. The run before my last one was my first bodhi strain it was lemon wookie. I made a rookie mistake and grew them with an old spent bulb so they didn't swell up for me but they were good. I got a nice golf ball sized hash ball from the trimmings too. I have 5 bodhi chem 91 jb X snow lotus seedlings going right now. And a new bulb with just one run on it LOL. Looking forward to seeing what these plants will smell and taste like.

Badfishy1

Good morning Badfishy.

Haha if you ever get sick of fishing (not going to happen) try disc some time. Its a great excuse to drink some beer and get a little exercise.

The spotted cow can is new as far as I know. I'm usually not a big fan of cans but the cow is really good in a can.

Let me know when heading south I'll have you bring a keg. Sent my sister on a mission for a keg n she failed me... scoundrel can't even rely on the fam anymore (unless she needs her fridge stocked or is having a crab cookout, phone always rings then lol). As far as needing an excuse to drink beer, I have plenty lmao! Disc golf is pretty well non existent here, and I usually only make it up that way in the winter. Since I don't need winter clothes and such here, I don't have any anymore. So playing in shorts and a hoodie in the winter doesn't seem too fun

Brianmooredc1

Good morning Brianmooredc1.

Sounds like you have some great experience growing. I hear you with learning every day, it seems like I learn something every day as well here. I have a lot to learn and I have to get more practice putting why I've learned to use.

I've never grown a very sativa leaning strain but I hope to someday. I'm with you on the bodhi strains. The run before my last one was my first bodhi strain it was lemon wookie. I made a rookie mistake and grew them with an old spent bulb so they didn't swell up for me but they were good. I got a nice golf ball sized hash ball from the trimmings too. I have 5 bodhi chem 91 jb X snow lotus seedlings going right now. And a new bulb with just one run on it LOL. Looking forward to seeing what these plants will smell and taste like.

Wow, I haven't run those particular bodhi strains, but they sound bad ass!

You've gotta try running a sativa dominant strain! In fact, in the next few months I'm going to do a bit of breeding, and I'll have to send you 10 or so. They take forever to flower, and stretch a lot, but Great fruity smells, fantastic yield and killer head high! :headbange:yay:

Fiddynut

Let me know when heading south I'll have you bring a keg. Sent my sister on a mission for a keg n she failed me... scoundrel can't even rely on the fam anymore (unless she needs her fridge stocked or is having a crab cookout, phone always rings then lol). As far as needing an excuse to drink beer, I have plenty lmao! Disc golf is pretty well non existent here, and I usually only make it up that way in the winter. Since I don't need winter clothes and such here, I don't have any anymore. So playing in shorts and a hoodie in the winter doesn't seem too fun
Good afternoon Badfishy.

I might make it as far south as costal Alabama to visit the wife's family in early spring. If you met me there I'd bring you a keg or a few cases. Who knows we may even head down into Florida when we come down. I don't have any sisters (not by blood anyway) but can agree that siblings are sometimes unreliable. Maybe you should withhold some crab and teach her a lesson LOL.

You are right, excuses to drink beer are limitless. Fishing and beer usually make a great combo. Ice fishing and beer maybe even more so.

I'm surprised to hear that there isn't much disc golf there. I had always thought that it was a good game for almost anywhere. Not a lot of fancy equipment needed just a disc and a target to shoot at.

I use to like winter and did a lot of snowboarding all over the country. A few bike accidents have left me with an ankle full of plates and pins that dosent tolerate snowboarding anymore. Now I don't care for winter so much. I'm jealous of your lack of cold weather and winter clothes.

Fiddynut

Wow, I haven't run those particular bodhi strains, but they sound bad ass!

You've gotta try running a sativa dominant strain! In fact, in the next few months I'm going to do a bit of breeding, and I'll have to send you 10 or so. They take forever to flower, and stretch a lot, but Great fruity smells, fantastic yield and killer head high! :headbange:yay:
Good afternoon Brianmooredc1.

I love the sour chemmy strains so I have high hopes for the seedlings. That said I've found some sweet strains that I dig as well. I just traded an 1/8th of my gorilla bubble to someone for an 1/8th of blueberry that is sweet and nice. Good to have some variety.

Yes the extended flower time and my hight restrictions have kept me away from sativas as of yet but I'd give them a go sometime for sure. Let me know how the breeding goes. Do you go 12/12 from seed on them? I know there are strategies for keeping them from getting out of control but haven't read up on them. The head high is appealing to me for sure.

packerfan79

Veteran
Good morning Packerfan.

I grew feminized seeds the first two grows. It's nice not to have to worry about sexing and how many girls your going to get.

It's funny you mention your t5's needing bulbs. I just set mine up in my temporary grow closet and noticed I have a couple bulbs that arnt as bright as the others. The LED strips look good but your right they are pricy. Also not sure about the spectrum of the light they produce. I'm going to get more floro's this weekend.

I'm with you on the 315 and 630 lights. I've been reading a lot of good about them. I'd love to have my t5 for moms and clones and a 315 for veg and maybe one for flower too.

Yes despite the issues I had with the GB it is some killer weed. I wish I could wait until everything was cured to sample it. I hope after a couple more grows I will have enough in reserve to b able to cure it before I need to smoke it.

Good luck on your 20# goal. I'm sure you'll crush it. I've heard that prices will be down this year because everyone is going big, but with the new regulations next year's prices should be back up a bit. I guess you never know how these things will go. The market will be flooded with outdoor for a while but great indoor might have a diffrent market.

Hey, Fiddynuts, I am not worried about the outdoor. Nobody wants outdoor in my area (which I think is stupid). I had a friend bring 20 pounds of light S
Dep gg4, took him forever to move it. He spent a good chunk of his profit on hotel rooms and food. He lives in South Humboldt about 12 hours away. For some reason summer is the slow time where i am. This is the main reason for going bigger to have enough to last all year. I have had some sad summers, with other people's crappy weed.

I am hoping that the recreational is over priced, like Nevada. Either way it's pretty much banned all sales in my community. I have seen a small drop in the quantity price. I have been hearing about a lot or broadmite damage up north, this may keep things tight for awhile. Either way I am a fighter, I don't quit.

Fiddynut

Hey, Fiddynuts, I am not worried about the outdoor. Nobody wants outdoor in my area (which I think is stupid). I had a friend bring 20 pounds of light S
Dep gg4, took him forever to move it. He spent a good chunk of his profit on hotel rooms and food. He lives in South Humboldt about 12 hours away. For some reason summer is the slow time where i am. This is the main reason for going bigger to have enough to last all year. I have had some sad summers, with other people's crappy weed.

I am hoping that the recreational is over priced, like Nevada. Either way it's pretty much banned all sales in my community. I have seen a small drop in the quantity price. I have been hearing about a lot or broadmite damage up north, this may keep things tight for awhile. Either way I am a fighter, I don't quit.
Good afternoon Packerfan.

Great quality will always be in demand I think. Dispensaries won't have the small batch quality and proper cure from what I hear around the forums. And with all the taxes and stuff it should be easy to compete with their prices. Quantity sales might be a little diffrent. I'm sure we have some ups and downs to go through with pricing as more places legalize and more supply gets into the market. Maybe that means it will be better to sell more oz's and less p's. I'm sure you will do well.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
colorado is beautiful country, rode
my sister recently moved there and its awesome!
the elevation kind of takes it out of us flatlanders at first, but i could see myself settling down there one day

looks like p'fan is going big again
#20 is a lot for indoor, are you going to try to run multiple cycles
i remember you have a sweet stadium set up, how much room does that give you to veg in the upper decks?
im with you bud, the scene here in cali is going downhill and i dont see it changing any time soon
plus with the size of our market, you know that the big guys are just waiting to move in and take over the mids to lower end of the spectrum
/there will always be demand for quality and the top bud almost never makes it to the commercial market
but the pricing pressure will force prices lower across the board
its weird about the outdoor scene here
like fiddy said,i think the problem is part volume and part perception
when an outdoor grower shows up, he is usually holding a lot of weight
most dispensaries dont want to buy several pounds all at once, plus there is the idea that outdoor is somehow inferior to indoor
stupid, i know but thats what the market believes

i am ready for the weekend!

packerfan79

Veteran
the elevation kind of takes it out of us flatlanders at first, but i could see myself settling down there one day

i remember you have a sweet stadium set up, how much room does that give you to veg in the upper decks?
im with you bud, the scene here in cali is going downhill and i dont see it changing any time soon
plus with the size of our market, you know that the big guys are just waiting to move in and take over the mids to lower end of the spectrum
/there will always be demand for quality and the top bud almost never makes it to the commercial market
most dispensaries dont want to buy several pounds all at once, plus there is the idea that outdoor is somehow inferior to indoor

Yeah , pop rocks what's up. I plan to run 2 rounds and at least 1 round in the 4.5x 4.5 veg room, hopefully I can get 2 runs out of the small room. I have a pack of Bog's sour grapes that are quite interesting, and quick flowering 50-60 days I think. I have quite a few other packs I want to get to. It's hard because I need to run clones , but I want to run seeds. I can get 4 ft plants in the stadium, so if you I can get alittl over 2 ounces per plant I can hit my goal. With coco and multi feeds should be doable.

Fiddynut

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

I totally agree that the best quality bud never makes it to the commercial market. That means there is a market there for great buds. I don't see the big growers tapping into that market any time soon. I think even if we had dispensaries here I'd rather get my buds the old fashioned way, from someone I know and have dealt with before. I don't see the bud shops putting the good guys out of busness any time soon. Its who you know. It's even possable that more people will smoke now that they don't have to worry about getting in trouble and some of them will become unsatisfied with the dispensary bud and seek out better options. In the end it might make more of a market for the high grade.

The fact that it's not easy to find great quality around here isn't changing any time soon. Even if there is more being grown around the country dosent help us a lot. We still get a lot of the stuff no one else wants. People on the west coast have higher standards then we generally have and they get first pick. Maby the quality will slowly rise a little but not much I think.

You are right that it's ridiculous that no one wants good outdoor. I don't see any reason why people would think its no good. It has to be a perception thing.

Floridian

Veteran
I've read that outdoor plants receiving UVB rays creates more THCV in the buds.If that's true I don't know but its a whole lot of letters in one sentence

Fiddynut

I've read that outdoor plants receiving UVB rays creates more THCV in the buds.If that's true I don't know but its a whole lot of letters in one sentence
Good afternoon Floridian.

I think you are right about the UV rays. I've heard discussion of people putting supplemental UV lighting in their indoor grows to pump up the THC and I think terps too. If trichomes are like sunscreen for UV rays it makes sense that the plant would boost production when getting more of those rays.

Rodehazrd

Hey there Tribe
I agree on the new bulb working way better for terps and trichs I changed out my hps and got a big increase in aroma and weight. I thought I had maxed out my headband but the new bulb showed me a new level of smell and a 30% weight gain
I never hear the question indoor or outdoor just is it kine. Is it sweet does it kick ass? I guess in a 420 state tastes are more refined.

Hey how high is that stadium grow go I would like to try that
I use some side support and raise the outer girls already but my light gets weak on the short ones down low. Is that a special bulb or just hang a bare one?
I hear my supper calling
Rodehazrd

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey there Tribe
I agree on the new bulb working way better for terps and trichs I changed out my hps and got a big increase in aroma and weight. I thought I had maxed out my headband but the new bulb showed me a new level of smell and a 30% weight gain
I never hear the question indoor or outdoor just is it kine. Is it sweet does it kick ass? I guess in a 420 state tastes are more refined.

I use some side support and raise the outer girls already but my light gets weak on the short ones down low. Is that a special bulb or just hang a bare one?
I hear my supper calling
Rodehazrd

My stadium is 10 ft high. I have 4 shelves. It's a lot of work to build. When it's full flower it's literally a wall of buds. The door side is 8ft long the other wall is 10 ft.I ran 125 plants in it first round. Never got a totall weight, but It was close to 8 pounds. Hopefully going to 10 pounds with a better training and the drip system. It's 4 bare bulb 1000 hps hung vertically. I rigged up some rope and eye bolts and a 10 ft 2x4, so I can raise and lower all 4 bulbs at once.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
well,well,well
look what the cat dragged in!
good to see you floridian
hope all is well with you,brother and hope your ma is doing well too

i dont know if there will even be enough high grade to satisfy the market
even with the best genetics, only a small part of the plant makes the cut
like you said, i think there will always be that boutique market for the people who have a good connection
its not something i worry about as a grower
i get way more than a safe high from producing my own cannabis
unfortunately i cant agree with you as far as the high end market reaching more people
look at the beer market
how many people do you know who are willing to spend on craft beers
compared to the amount of bud light/ generic beer sold the micro brew market is really small
even the best mass market beers we can think of would probably fall somewhere in the middle
but how many people do you know who are willing to fork out the big dollars for the absolute best
sam adams makes a beer that costs over a hundred dollars a six pack ( i dont even think you buy it like that, its in some special bottle)
ive heard of this beer brewed by belgian monks that you cant even just buy when you want, you have to get on waiting lists for the limited number of cases produced in any given year (even then it costs a grip and a half to buy)
but a rising tide floats all boats and just like the best weed from yesterday is only mids now i tihnk the overall level of quality will only keep increasing in some places

i am so ready for the weekend,brother!
you can definitely feel fall in the, esp in the evening time
we are supposed to get some nice weather here this weekend but the days of summer are numbered
im looking fore ward to the fall

Floridian

Veteran
Hey kids.Yea I decided this thread is upbeat and I didn't want my posts to be a downer to you folks.I did lose my mom at the beginning of the month but theres no more pain and discomfort for her.Its unbelieveably hard watching the person you love most in this world die right before your eyes but its all part of the deal.I just feel so fortunate to have had her for my mom,there are so many folk that just cant say that

Fiddynut

Hey kids.Yea I decided this thread is upbeat and I didn't want my posts to be a downer to you folks.I did lose my mom at the beginning of the month but theres no more pain and discomfort for her.Its unbelieveably hard watching the person you love most in this world die right before your eyes but its all part of the deal.I just feel so fortunate to have had her for my mom,there are so many folk that just cant say that
Good morning Floridian.

I am very sorry to hear about your mother. I know how much she meant to you from your posts and the commitment you showed for her care. She is still with you in your heart. Memories of her still guide you in life.

As you said her suffering is over. There is a lot of positive in that once you realize it. We don't get to pick and choose how long we are here but she had a full life from the sound of your previous posts. As you said it's the most difficult thing to watch someone you love come to the end. You are lucky to have had such a good woman for a mother and she is equally lucky to have a son like you.

Please don't worry about being a 'downer', we are here for you if you need to talk or just vent things. Keep those good memories close and don't dwell on wouldhaves or could haves. Stay positive brother...Fiddy.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Floridian, good to see you posting here again. I am terribly sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how much you are hurting. I hope that you receive some solice in the relief of the pain and struggle your mom went through. I have no doubt that you being their for her till the end, was comforting for her. I know that nothing that we say can change the pain you are dealing with, but we do wish you the best. You are no burden to us, we all have struggles. We all have times in our lives when we need to unload our burdens. Remember the good times, and the lifetime of love. I wish you the best, don't be a stranger.

Fiddynut

Hey there Tribe

I hear my supper calling
Rodehazrd
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

I feel you on the new bulb situation. I still can't believe I got 7-1/2 zips off the GB plant that I didn't do a good job of keeping healthy and was the runt of the 3 with short veg. I credit a lot of that to the new bulb I was running. And the frost on her was amazing too. I can't wait to see what I can do with 2 healthy plants under that light.

I'm with you on the indoor/outdoor thing too. For the vast majority of my days buying weed I never was told if it was indoor or outdoor or what strain it was. If it looked and smelled good that was good enough. In fact for a long time I was lucky if it looked and smelled good. I think you are right that people in more pot friendly states have had a lot more to choose from and developed a more refined taste. Even if I were picking up a bag today I'd be more concerned with how it looks and smells than what strain someone said it was or if it was indoor or outdoor.

Latest posts

Latest posts