What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor Vertical Grow Systems 101

MyGreenToe

I did some more editing, and added some more links to ICMag verts to post #6. Almost ready to start compiling a new section on commercial units. If you know of any, feel free to post up a link to save me some work finding it. :)

Zendo

IMHO this thread should be stickied...It has been an amazing resource for me converting to vertical stadium growing..

Props to Greentoe for putting it together for us.

Peace

Stoichio

IMHO this thread should be stickied...It has been an amazing resource for me converting to vertical stadium growing..

Props to Greentoe for putting it together for us.

Peace

You know it really has been an epic resource. When I was in the planning stages, I searched far and wide and I think this thread contains more links to good info than an entire vertical website I'm also on.

More props:tiphat:

**cough cough** shameless journal plug
|
|
V

MyGreenToe

Thanks guys. It's a labor of love. I have always wanted to go vertical. It looks like tree growing is the closest I will get in the near future. I'm dyin to build some racks like Heath and Kootenay did, but I can't mess with those numbers and go medical.

MyGreenToe

Wow. I haven't even been through half the threads in this forum yet. There are many more to link.

Sorry if I didn't kiss your ass quick enough, your majesty. All hail the king of the vert forum.

MyGreenToe

this thread blows...............

I could give two shits what some cashcropping hack thinks about my thread. Go back to wasting electricity and fucking up grows. You give the rest of us a bad name.

Sorry I'm not one of the sycophants kissing your ass. Funny how you edited out your rant when you realized how stupid it made you look.

Rest assured that when I get to going through your vert threads, I will just pass on by, and wont add links to them here, as would have happened eventually.

Keep it Green, if you can
MGT

Tilt

I had an idea last night. In vertical stadium grows with one bulb next another. Place diamond shaped reflector between the bulbs.
looking down 0 represents lights <> represents reflector
normal
0 bulb

0 bulb

0 bulb

reflectors
0 bulb
<> reflector
0 bulb
<> reflector
0 bulb

B

Bob Smith

Those veritubes are nice and have been around for a while MGT.......They were more expensive when they came out than their prices now , but still.......$1000 for 3 or 4 light setup`s insane IMO.....without bulbs and ballasts as well........PLUS the equipment to vent/cool em with......So......with decent ballasts , bulbs , and exhaust fans with ducting , you`re lookin at in the neighborhood of 2250-2500 bucks before startup just for lights...again.....insane.......but....... I`m a tightass and a DIY`er....These things are perfect for guys with deep pockets and lil grow knowledge........or they would`nt exist......

I've gotta disagree a little with your assertion - unfortunately, not all of us are in med states and can have an HVAC guy come in and install a mini-split for us, so we do what we can.

I have a 14K portable (long story, but it's all that works for my specific space) and tried to go bare bulbs with my stacked 600s but it couldn't keep up - ergo, I had to get a cooltube.

I have plenty of money and didn't feel like buying four cooltubes and modifying them (my time is money), so I bought a 4L600 from Octagon - broke one yesterday installing it (I'm a moron), but it's the right move for me.

Long story short, this ain't my first rodeo and I think I have more than a "lil grow knowledge" :tiphat:

Anyways, along with the pic of the broken section you can see my PVC pentadecagon.

Great thread, BTW - lotsa good pics and links in here.

Attachments

• 10.5.10 006.jpg
    10.5.10 006.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 9.28.10 021.jpg
    9.28.10 021.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 11.9.10 004.jpg
    11.9.10 004.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 11.9.10 005.jpg
    11.9.10 005.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 10.5.10 008.jpg
    10.5.10 008.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 44

opt1c

Veteran
i was inspired by all the vert grows and worked some vert lovage into my current grow ;)

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VERTICAL SCROG

VERTICAL SCROG

Not too long after my first vert run, I started thinking of ways to improve. So I made some vert screens out of PVC and plastic fencing.

I'm still working out some kinks with this style, but I love it. I find that the less plants/screens the better overall.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:

MARLO

D

DHF

Killer lil setup Marlo........Now.......give it up.......What size area is that and are those 400`s or 600`s.....I think I see lil muffin fans under the bare bulbs right ?......

Love the reflectix on the walls , and the scrog screens are definitely top shelf.......What strain is that and how much yield was realized off 12 plants....How long were they vegged before flip and how much did they stretch .....Enquiring minds wanna know.........lol.......

Great stuff and attention ta detail..........Respect......

Peace.......DHF.....:ying:......