What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lets have a death star thread! Come on in!

kingdome

I have not always been on the Colorado medical scene, you don't know who I know. Every grower's conditions are different... growing buds in Colorado is very different from everywhere else. Dealing with almost zero humidity and high altitudes changes things a bit. Nice 7th post though.
no bro its because what you have there is not deathstar lol

kingdome

The original breeder is Team Death Star we are out west now,TDS has been promoting the strain for the last 5+ years with shirts, parties, contest, ect. We have been working with a select Breeder in Cali to bring out some true Death Star Genetics to everyone to enjoy! as for the Bubble star it is Indiana-Bubblegum crossed with the Sensi-Star no chemdog or diesel... rock hard nugs more so than the DS much more frosty than the DS! hope this helps
www.teamdeathstar.com
teamdeathstar@hotmail.com
TDS
R2
no way bro deathstar and bubblestar were a couple of my first favorite truly dank strains, deathstar trumping the shit out of the bubblstar...

hahaha I lived in ohio for 11 years and deathstar and bubba kush were the bombest in my circles! everyone loves the fucking stanky fuely fire that is deathstar.

for everyone else who thinks they have it, you don't if your buds don't reak like fuel and grease your fingers up even when dry.. the bud is out of this world in high, taste, and looks... greasy stinky fuel.

man I wonder if we know eachother or at least some similar peeps, you one of the glass blowers from cbus who blew this strain out? I know a couple of u moved out west, would be pretty cool if it was one of u

Lone Wolf

Veteran
:lurk:

ive smoked death star before.... i was deluded as can be on the drive home after smoking it with the death star man himself ;).... almost caused 5 multi car pileups, killed 10 pedestrians, and ran over a squirrel and an old lady...

is that why it is called death star?

AcroPhobic

A female grower I know in Vegas has a mother plant going of DeathStar. Lucky for me I'm getting 6 rooted clones sent in the mail from her to play with over the summer. :)

jetstream

Err spaced for a minute. Return of the Death Star**

DS x GDP. Only other info I have was "the DS was a cut that came west from the midwest" someone in OC had x it with GDP to bring RotDS. Sorry bout that.

jetstream

Also- I was in Vegas about 3 weeks ago doing the regular partying which turned into work somehow. Anyway, a place in GH in Henderson claimed to have some original DS. I only seen fresh cuts so I wasn't able to verify "real deal" or not.. but I guess Vegas (and surrounding areas) seem to be working DS.

D

danimarie193

deathstar has not been in cali long enough for there to be a cross.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
someone mentioned death cabbage...? Isnt that g-13xdeep chunk? I think i had a cut at one time.

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is some Intensley fragrant stuff especially when fresh. If you thought the sour d was strong odor, then this will blow your mind. Im gonna try to describe the scent as best as possible. Top layer has a very recognizeable sour diesel fuely smell, but then once a bud is broken open, the main smell comes out which is a skunky heavy dank smell that perfectly complements the fuel and brings it out more imho. Finally once you put it into the grinder and dump it out the skunky/heavy dank smell seems to multiply exponentially and it gets so extreme that it actually smells a bit like burning tires or some kind of burning rubber. Not the same exact smell as burning rubber, but its close. When fresh and grinded, it releases so much raw scent power that it has been know to burn nostrils and make people quiver and shake due to this glorious danky smell. Heres some more dstar done organically. Its part of my headstash so i like to leave more trim on, if your interested as in why just ask. I apologize once again for the poor pic quality, it doesnt do it any justice at all, someone is borrowing my good camera. Maybe once i get it back, ill pull all the trim off of some buds and give ya guys some real shots.

Last edited:
dstar done organically. Its part of my headstash so i like to leave more trim on, if your interested as in why just ask. I apologize once again for the poor pic quality, it doesnt do it any justice at all, someone is borrowing my good camera.

Ok that is the DS I've seen for years, and had said earlier on that of course, DS has purple and red hues in streaks (Which the CO DS people denounced as being untrue) this clearly shows the DS i've seen since around 2001-02. This is the OHIO DS for sure, the elongated some-what fluffy (but extremely dense when you crack into it) and the greyish cure color with insane trichromes. That is the best pic so far of the OH DS, People need to remember it is deeply indica, but does have a good amount of sativa in the mix as well, I would say its a 65/35-70/30 Indica Dom based on my personal experience with this strain. Sorry CO guys, this pic doesn't do justice for the trich coverage that I know that has, but yet again, different OH DS buds, same structure posted earlier by HerbalRemedy posted.

Now it has been half-way verified that someone could very possibly have the strain in CO from 1 possible person, that we know of, and alot of us OH people have been trying to see how this was possible, and they're might be a OH DS in CO, but I still can't see that DK's is OH DS, maybe CO DS, but if you look at the overwhelming majority of the OH DS farmers/smokers they'll say that if anything looks like the original DS, it's the pics that the people from OH and TDS both stated it to be.

I understand HighTimes might have done an article, which I did read, but the buds shown in HT didn't show the colored streaking, which someone debated with me earlier, but now at least 2 people have provided proof of this as well as a number of others in OH who have the strain.

Who knows, it might be from the original ds, but I don't think the CO DS is the original ds, but maybe one of the many crosses people made with the original ds. But it is a small possibility that DK could be right, but everyone in CO disregarding the obvious bud structure and coloration of the OH DS, can't really say they KNOW it is O.DS, and not a cross with O.DS in it. Like there is O.DS BX ECSD, I've seen O.DS BX Sensi-Star, but the Original DS, still looks like what the Ohio people are posting.

I'm really, really, really not trying to offend anyone. But alot of us in our area, are really trying to figure this out, because the pics that have been provided from CO, just seem nothing like this thing that's been around for a long time in this area. And cannabis is my religion, my medicine, and my life, and I did grow up smoking this strain and have seen it a thousand times over, and the CO pics haven't showed me anything that looks like the Original Ohio DS. And I apologize if that offends some people.

This is what the OH DS, DOES LOOK LIKE, and it's an undeniable look.

Thanks for posting a decent pic, I had to run out of my DS right before all this started and I wish I coulda posted an amazing pic, Got some amazing pics of the Bubblestar though right now.

Peace
-LIG

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I will have to concurr with lifeisgrowing. The pics i posted do not even come close to showing the resin quality of this stuff. Im gonna spend a few hrs with my shitty kodak and try to get a really good pic.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Ok well here we go. I will also repost my first dstar pic in the thread just for the fact that it is a prime example of the resin content on this plant. I tried several lighting conditions, and camera modes to get these (natural light worked best). This is literally as good as it gets with the camera i have currently, which is less than 75 bucks.
Ok so first pic shows good resin content, all other pics show bud structure.

Ok so first pic shows good resin content, all other pics show bud structure.

That is what I've been describing over and over, the colors especially and yet again, it is a fluffy-dense bud. It does have at least 30 on Sativa Side, you have to really think about the strains that comprised this and account for the number of crosses as well. It's not super super compact old school bubba buds or anything like that, it's more airy but still is dense, and the potency is knockout powerhouse that will keep ya awake without crashing hard, well at least for me.

I forgot you posted that Smirfin. Thanks for agreeing with me on this, dani and i were tryin to get this point across, and yes this is a prime example. Still could look better if it had been on a red surface instead of white, but it still shows the trichs even with the grey background.

Good work smrifin, looks like the DS i know and love.

- LIG

D

danimarie193

Death Star at 52 Days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

D

danimarie193

This is literally as good as it gets with the camera i have currently, which is less than 75 bucks.

Hey we have a crappy camera too and these pictures we just took were with our cell phones... way better than the camera

Latest posts

Latest posts