What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Getting seeds shipped in legality?

p0opstlnksal0t

Is it legal to get seeds shipped in? I'm new up here and not sure in want to go on Craigslist trying to buy clones from unknown ppl with unknown genetics and diseases. I'd rather just get seeds online from trusted individuals and start from scratch on my own.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
If you read IC a lot, other people mention which seedbanks are reputable and which ones are shady. It is not legal to ship seeds into the US from foreign countries (wink, wink). I have lost several shipments because US Customs take them and send you the empty envelope. Normally that is the end of it although some good seedbanks will replace the shipment. If you are within a rec/med state like me you can just go to the dispensary and buy seeds from some shops which carry them. There are also certain seedbanks within med states which sell seeds to people in various states and they don't go through customs. It is still not legal to use the federal US mail though (wink, wink). I think the ICMAG TOU allows me to mention other seedbanks. I like GreatLakes Genetics out of Clio Michigan. Good luck and you have a good plan. I have got bugs from clones before.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...do a web search for seedbanks in the USA and you will find several in Oregon, Washington, Colorado and California and being in America already, your package never goes through customs.

peace, bozo

Jhhnn

Veteran
If you read IC a lot, other people mention which seedbanks are reputable and which ones are shady. It is not legal to ship seeds into the US from foreign countries (wink, wink). I have lost several shipments because US Customs take them and send you the empty envelope. Normally that is the end of it although some good seedbanks will replace the shipment. If you are within a rec/med state like me you can just go to the dispensary and buy seeds from some shops which carry them. There are also certain seedbanks within med states which sell seeds to people in various states and they don't go through customs. It is still not legal to use the federal US mail though (wink, wink). I think the ICMAG TOU allows me to mention other seedbanks. I like GreatLakes Genetics out of Clio Michigan. Good luck and you have a good plan. I have got bugs from clones before.

The dreaded green customs tape... I got some, once, along with a form letter telling me that I didn't have a license to import any kind of seeds... Snapped a pic, emailed it to the vendor & they shipped me more. Not all vendors do that.

The horror stories about super bugs created in cannabis farms keep me away from clones... The only bugs I get are locals, not the hardened veteran survivors of intense chemical warfare. I had thrips once a few years back & use gnatrol on the fungus gnats that come in with compost & worm castings. It just whups their bug junkie asses...

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
-Your odds of receiving the seeds you ordered are about 80-95%. It's worth it if you see something you just GOTTA have...! Cheers....

Drewsif

If you are within a rec/med state like me you can just go to the dispensary and buy seeds from some shops which carry them. There are also certain seedbanks within med states which sell seeds to people in various states and they don't go through customs.

Enjoy that while you can. Once the corporations (and the lawmakers they sponsor) saw how much pot was sold in states with no grow rights, all grow rights became target.

29 states have mmj. Hoe many of those can you buy seeds in? Very few! 25 mile law coming your way. Legalization is for the corporations, not the small guy.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Enjoy that while you can. Once the corporations (and the lawmakers they sponsor) saw how much pot was sold in states with no grow rights, all grow rights became target.

29 states have mmj. Hoe many of those can you buy seeds in? Very few! 25 mile law coming your way. Legalization is for the corporations, not the small guy.

How can you know that? I mean, really?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
My two cents on buying seeds. I have purchased thousands of dollars of genetics. With varying results. Just because something is somewhat local doesn't mean it's better. I highly recommend Ace seeds. They are associated with three other vendors that are of the highest quality and character. The service they provide is unequaled in the cannabis market. The quality of the genetics speaks for themselves. The picture you see is the plant you get. (when grown properly) The staff is very helpful and very knowledgeable. You will only ever receive mature seeds. Not like the multitude of other seed banks that will send out yellow and white seeds. When they don't germinate you are told your technique and skills are poor. Ace stands behind their genetics, Their customers stand behind them. Peace

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Other than a couple outliers (relentless, GDP) I recommend foreign seed companies *some of which sell American seeds like Cali connection, etc.. (out of UK, or Nederlands) Too many opportunists in Babylon (da USA) and strains usually get diluted by American Greed. Like GSC< OGK etc.. But, there are some good ones - I just haven't heard a lot of good things about dealing with domestic seedbanks. I wish that were NOT true, as ordering within the USA would be better for sure.

Out of several orders (maybe 20) I have only failed to get my package once. And THAT was replaced big time by seedbay.

Recent experience says: DO NOT BUY OLD SEEDS> Many of the beans available on some seedbanks are approaching or are over 1o years old. I am seeing germination problems, with those old beans. Whereas newer companies like Relentless (Yes, I am a fan) always germinate to the tune of 90%.