What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
DankSwayzee said:
hey guys I can only find 70% around here. Do they sell a higher percentage at walmart? Should I shake it longer with 70%?

Go to walgreens/cvs/rite aid first, walmart should have the 91% too.

as for how it taste; it taste very similar to whatever you put in it. Just more hashy....

however if you can't find the 91, do not shake any longer than 1:45-55 seconds, as it will take some time for the stuff to drain through the coffee filter, you will just have to wait longer at the very end, this can be sped up with a fan near by to help the evaporation.

you can also use a heating pad in lue of the electric stove...turn it on high and place it ontop a surface that can withstand 130 degrees or so.

One thing I also forgot to ask.
Does this method work well with premature popcorn buds? (the ones you nip off to save energy for bigger colas - developed for a short while) and regular cuttings?
I'll be able to tell you guys myself soon enough, but may as well ask.

G

Popcorn buds should work fine or any other material that has trichs on it.

Reporting that a heating pad works great under a rectangular pyrex baking dish.

lighterfuel

Super Cool! Read the thread and gave it a try. Came out great. Got a ball the size of a marble from about 9-10 grams of trim. Now I get to bust out the multiple pounds of shake and trim that has been gathered lately! Cant wait to see what it produces!

Linenoise

Just wondering, would it be more efficient to do this with fresh trimmings or let the trimmings dry out then sift them to get kief and then take what is left over and give it the ISO treatment?

I would assume that if you harvest kief first the ISO resin will be less pure. I am just curious if the ISO process is mostly extracting the exterior trichs or if it is extracting heavily from the internal aspect of the plant as well?

Thank you so much MM! I am going to make some after harvest which is after this weekend!! Looks really simple to make and quality looks chronic! :headbange

Question: I read on a ISO bottle that said part Denatured Alcohol part?? so my question is .. is isopropal the same thing as denatured alcohol? and is denatured alcohol pure alcohol which would leave out the crap in isopropol?

I have used denatured alcohol to clean out pipes full of resin so just wondered if it would be a cleaner choice? I'm not trying to change anything I was just wondering what the difference of the 2 were? Thanks guys!!

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
notwhoisayiam said:
Question: I read on a ISO bottle that said part Denatured Alcohol part?? so my question is .. is isopropal the same thing as denatured alcohol? and is denatured alcohol pure alcohol which would leave out the crap in isopropol?

I have used denatured alcohol to clean out pipes full of resin so just wondered if it would be a cleaner choice? I'm not trying to change anything I was just wondering what the difference of the 2 were? Thanks guys!!

DON'T use EVER denatured alcool for ANYTHING you are going to smoke with. Neither hash nor bong pipe.

D.A. has bad stuff for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denatured_alcohol

Can lead you to sever health consequences...

HashishinReidi

Very nice looking oil , but it is not hash . wish folks would get it right.

To make hash you use NO solvents, hash is made by siffting or by bubble bags or ice water.But its not made by using iso or bho .Oil is but not hash .

Last edited:

gordonliu

gramsci.antonio said:
DON'T use EVER denatured alcool for ANYTHING you are going to smoke with. Neither hash nor bong pipe.

D.A. has bad stuff for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denatured_alcohol

Can lead you to sever health consequences...

denatured alcohol usually refers to ethanol mixed with methanol. In the US, there exists a very large federal tax on drinkable ethanol. if you can make your ethanol undrinkable, you can avoid having to pay that tax. thats how you can go and buy a gallon of 90% ethanol for 10 dollars, and a gallon of everclear costs you 100 dollars.

this has already been discussed in another thread.

the general consensus has been that pretty much everyone who reads this forum would not be able to safely prepare oil using denatured ethanol, and so it is highly advised not to use it. to do it safely really requires a duo seal vacuum pump at minimum. something thats going to pull a vacuum of .05 bar.

even then you would want to test it to be sure it was clean.

G

this thread has been extremely helpful. Jeez Louise, how many of you went to Weed University??

Z

zoolander

I'm trying my hand at this as we speak let you know soon how it turns out

G

gizerakos

nice technique worked well for me,made some good smoke out of a crap weed i had

G

no one answered...

no one answered...

is this safe for bud that has a touch of mold on it?

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
dasme said:
is this safe for bud that has a touch of mold on it?
i dont see why not

you only get the thc, and the alcohol would kill anything harmful anyway