What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OUTDOOR HYDRO!!!!

G

Was wondering how the Oriental Express was doing? I bet they are getting big by now. How's the strawberries doing also. I was lucky enough to get some out this year also. Not doing to well, but they are doing ok i guess. Had some issues with bugs and a fungi also. Well, take care and hope to see some updated OE pictures soon.
Later,
BG

LORD BENIS

Wow, I thought this thread was dead.
Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm moving here in the next few weeks so things are slowing down in the greenhouse a bit. I'm getting rid of a lot of stuff or it'd take me forever to move it all. The Sun Gold tomatoes BLEW UP in the bio-buckets. Big mistake planting them in all 8 buckets; they completely overgrew about half of the greenhouse. Had to cut them down so I'm gonna do peppers with two or three tomatoes when I get to the new place.
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!!

Stonerguy
Well, the graft didn't take :(
but that's not gonna stop me from trying. Just have to put it on hold until I'm all settled in. Soon as I feel comfortable with the process I plan on ordering a small family of lophos. Wish me luck!
Ethereal
I'm still looking for ID on that little scion. I know it's nothing special but it'd be nice to have a name. It seems like the perfect cactus for practice grafting, produces dozens of littlle scoins that snap right off. Any ideas?
Butte
The main man himself! Glad to see you made it to my thread. Definately keeping busy, but nowhere near as busy as you are. The brugmansia is the *other* plant that really got me into growing. They're simply amazing; easy to grow and very rewarding. A got a few new cultivars waiting, one that's suposed to flower continously and anoher that's a quadruple flower.
Here's a 'Supernova' that's currently my largest flower...

GoldDustWoman
I managed to mix up all my seeds again so I'm not sure what's what. I've only got 8 plants from the seed batch but there are some pretty narrow leaf blades in there. I guess I'll figure it out in the end; I was lucky enough to grow a single OE two seasons ago. I'll get some more recent pics soon. As for the strawberries, I think it's all about the variety. Again, lost the tag but there were two that definately out performed the rest. Also, the bio-buckets seemed to be better suited to a deeper rooted plant so I switched them all out for the tomatoes. But not before I got to sample them all :)
Backcountry
Sup my guerilla brotha, how's things going up north? Hope you haven't suffered any further losses. I ended up getting that WX-10 pump! Left a few ?'s for you about it in Fast Pine's 'Gas Pump' thread.

NOFpuXnk

LORD BENIS!
you are the man!
most amazing outdoor grow setup ive ever seen.. when im rich im copying that too!

not even fair!

k+ later

Fast_Pine

Dude, Benis...Tejas stole all our friggin rain!!!!I bet yer gettin pounded. try an keep yer head above water friend....

J-Roc

lord benis. you deserve so many more k's than you have.
ima have to toss you some when the site lets me
i always like looking at ur setup.

Wow Lord Benis this is a way cool set man. I have a few ? for about it. First, do you have a heater in there for when temps get super low. Second, doesn't the marijuana want to go straight into flower cause of the lack of light? I absolutly love the little homemade hydro set up that is so simple a economic it's great. Keep sharing the test results my friend.

Bless

supermanlives

Veteran
now just put in an hid and your set. very nice setup .i ran tubes and a recirculating waterfarm setup in mine. good luck. prob wouldnt hold up to a bunch of snow tho. good for summer and southern grows.

bikhomes

Love the joining of nature and tech, sun and hydro. We put some house plants in with the others from time to time, it's our house plant vacation retreat, time to get pampered. ;)