What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hop, step and light deppin!

Dawgfunk

On the search for a good light dep tarp...been lookin online at stuff and almost bought some 7mil panda film but it’s not gonna fit...has anyone pulled regular black tarps, 11mil and had success? Some people have said not to do it as it doesn’t block out all the light...others are saying they’ve had success. Not trying to spend an arm and a leg on a tarp this season...any suggestions??:thank you:

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
it depends if you have a system pulling it for you or will you be doing it by hand? And is it just a basic hoop house with pvc where it will be getting open sunlight or an actaull structure greenhouse with pannels?

Dawgfunk

I’m gonna be pullin em by hand 7x14 frame, just finished puttin it together and drilled some holes for the pvc in the 2x4 frame. Hoop’s about 6 and a half ft tall, maybe 7.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
the thicker mil the heavier the tarp and more pain in the ass to pull by hand. but thicker might be better its more abrasive to get holes in it

Dawgfunk

Thanks norcal, it’ll be my first year doing any dep so we’ll have to see how it goes!! I went with 11mil poly, figure it’ll do the job. Thanks again!