What's new

Extracting CBD from manufactured products?? Possible?? (Atomic Daze CBD Shisha)

buffaloalice

First time poster:wave:. So I work at the local smokeshop where i live, and we recently got some Atomic Daze CBD infused hookah shisha, from CBD Drip. Now i'm, not a huge fan of hookah smoking, but I love CBD and how it helps my anxiety. So im wondering if the CBD can be extracted from the shisha?? I already soaked the herbal material in ethanol, thus stripping it of the molasses (and the CBD im hoping lol). So now im wondering how to separate the CBD from the molasses. I've experimented a little so far, adding MEK to the ethanol/molasses mixture. This produced a white milky liquid, which after letting it set for a while, it separated into layers. could one of these layers be the CBD?? Or is there a better method I could use to accomplish this?? Any advice is appreciated!!

buffaloalice

Anyone with any chemistry knowledge that can give me some advice?? I live in a state where it's still illegal, so I can't just go to the store and buy cbd. Or does the process/equipment cost out weigh the benefits in this situation? Thanks again

Most extractions would also be extracting any nasty pesticides or chemicals from the herb and separating the molasses from the cbd would take some lab distillation if that's all it is. Can't you just order cbd crystal online these days?

blastfrompast

Veteran
Phyto (US) used to sell cbd isolate, lotsa cannucks were ordering from them, most made it across the border...
Not to be confused with Canadian Phyto... (nasty ass dabs)

buffaloalice

It probably would be easier to order it. But I've really gotten into the whole science of extraction. It's very interesting to me. Just wanted to see if it could be done without a Rotovap. Lol

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
It probably would be easier to order it. But I've really gotten into the whole science of extraction. It's very interesting to me. Just wanted to see if it could be done without a Rotovap. Lol

You do not need a rotovap for extraction, only to recover the alcohol. Google "short path distillation", but like previously mentioned, you would likely pick up other unintended compounds. Basic process would be:

Extract with alcohol
Purge alcohol
Short path distillation to isolate cbd (you hope)

Latest posts

Latest posts