What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yes or no on this hempy bucket setup ?

Riviera123

Hempy milk jugs

Hempy milk jugs

Newly transplanted

Attachments

• DB3816A6-1466-4A59-A712-276197604D48.jpg
    DB3816A6-1466-4A59-A712-276197604D48.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 14

Riviera123

I planted directly in the medium and ditched the solo cup. With the coco they are staying pretty damp. If you buy the gorilla duct tape get the largest roll . Its cheaper in the long run,
Each jug does take some tape. You could paint them but it is polyethylene surface and may be difficult to do. The tape helps to add strength to the whole jug. The tapped jug is much more durable and less prone to leaks. Nothing like a nice set of jugs!

Riviera123

2 gallon white buckets i seen today at Home Depot seemed like a good idea to use as well for hempy bucket they were $3.85 each us funds

Attachments

• 16A9EE19-07A7-46CA-B108-B6296F47CBEA.jpeg
    16A9EE19-07A7-46CA-B108-B6296F47CBEA.jpeg
    10.8 KB · Views: 12

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
2 gallon white buckets i seen today at Home Depot seemed like a good idea to use as well for hempy bucket they were $3.85 each us funds

I will trade you twenty of these 2 gallon buckets in exchange for the girl. Is deal? Deal!

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...i used these 6liter trash cans for close to 5 years to good effect, ...i got them at the dollar store for a buck a piece.

picture.php

...they come in black...

picture.php

...and white.

picture.php

...i've even seen them in blue but i don't have pics.

peace, bozo

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Yeah man, you could grow trees in containers that size, going hempy style!

Riviera123

Wow masterpiece

Wow masterpiece

Very cool u the dollar store pro . You must grow in large space what are the measurements in inches in dollar store rig :laughing:

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Also what are the stones in bottom of your hempies
...i fill the bottoms of my buckets up to the single drainage hole to create a seperation between the coco and the mini 'reservoir' at the bottom of each bucket.

...when i was first learning the hempy tech i used perlite to seperate the growing media from the reservoir but it was always a pain in the ass to seperate the perlite from the coco post harvest so it wasn't long before i went looking for alternatives, note the hydroton mixed with perlite in the last one on the right.

picture.php

...anyway hydroton or grorocks or even lava rock or 3/4 inch gravel work great, it's fairly easy to screen out the rocks after the harvey plus, the rocks give a little heft at the bottom which makes the buckets more stable, especially when they are dry and most especially when using 2liter bottles as buckets.

...and don't sweat the cost of the tape bro, you can always find a use for duct tape.

picture.php

peace, bozo

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Justnother u dont paint the bottoms black

...no man, first because i no longer use clear plastic like the Coke bottles and second because once i switched to green plastic that eliminated any algae growth and the trash cans are light proof enough so i never saw any algae.

...my plants only live in these pots for about 3 - 3.5 months from rooted clone to harvey, plus, i grow in what i like to call 'lazy old fuck style' which means i do everything with as little labor and drama as i can manage and i'm not a commercial operator so 6 to 8 zipz per month is plenty for me and mine and even still it's more work than i like, lol, especially when harvey comes to town.

peace, bozo

https://youtu.be/lmWFrMq3qNY

btw, feel free to call me 'bozo' because i'm just another bozo on the bus ride of life.

Riviera123

Greeny Green Green

Greeny Green Green

Everyone says go with green plastic for hempy bucket containers. Especially for the 2 Ltr soda bottle style . So what is the science behind the green?:biggrin:

Attachments

• 3536A1F1-0A0F-4E5F-A95D-690C3419CBAA.png
    3536A1F1-0A0F-4E5F-A95D-690C3419CBAA.png
    4 KB · Views: 18

Riviera123

Realistically its not that important unless you are looking for the right size and shape to do a sog grow. I remember the guy with the 16 and 20 oz bottle soil sog. I wonder if you could use solo cups

Riviera123

Also interesting that you can use any stone on the bottom of a Hempy Bucket. Why not use the free small sones in bottom. So i got a solo cup with a rock on the bottom i think I smoked too much