What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Patent Wars

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
We support you and all you have contributed to this community JD, THANK YOU! and tell us how we can help!? (Link us to your GoFundMe!) :)

i will see if something can be done to make an exception re: gofundme under these circumstances. it is partly a battle to keep the closed loop extraction method from being patented and all the info about it as well as years and years of R&D being taken out of the open source world.

not sure if it's possible or not, will get back to you GW.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A CNN SPECIAL REPORT: Dr. Sanjay Gupta WEED 4: Pot Vs Pills

(April 18, 2018) Politicians promise to lead the country out of the worst drug crisis in its history, but opioid abuse continues to kill Americans in record numbers. Are our leaders ignoring a lifesaving solution? Over 115 Americans die every day from opioid overdoses, more than those killed in car accidents, from breast cancer or even guns. Nearly 2.5 million Americans struggle with opioid addiction, and though controversial, some people believe a potentially lifesaving solution may lie in medical marijuana. In the fourth installment of his groundbreaking series, CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta takes an in-depth look at marijuana’s potential as both an alternative to opioids in treating pain and in ending opioid addiction. WEED 4: POT VERSUS PILLS will air on CNN, Sunday, April 29th at 8pm ET.

In the special, Gupta meets pioneers in the field of pain management as well as addiction research who believe that marijuana is the next best hope for treating both. He also speaks with those who have struggled with addiction including an exclusive interview with NFL running back Mike James. In 2013 James suffered a devastating leg injury during a Monday night football game. He was given opioids after surgery to treat his pain, and months later he found himself addicted. Scared and worried, his wife suggested he try marijuana, a drug that is banned by the NFL and could cost any player their careers. Today, James is making history as the first player to file for a therapeutic use exemption for cannabis with the NFL.

Many states have begun to take steps toward cannabis as a possible alternative in stopping the opioid crisis that has crippled their areas. Gupta visits Maine where lawmakers and residents are committed to cannabis as a way to get people off opioids. He speaks with a woman who is opening a rehab center where she will use cannabis to wean patients off of opioids. He also talks with several state legislators who are working to change the laws and allow those addicted to have access to medical marijuana.

As the state of Maine looks to cannabis as a possible solution, many lawmakers, as well as Attorney General Jeff Sessions, continue to fight changing the scheduling of marijuana, which would allow for further access and research. Gupta delves into the history of how marijuana became a Schedule I drug, considered equal to heroin, LSD and ecstasy, while cocaine, methamphetamines, and many opioids including OxyContin, fentanyl, Dilaudid and Vicodin are Schedule II drugs. He talks to several advocates and critics about research behind their positions.

WEED 4: POT VS PILLS will stream live for subscribers on Sunday April 29th via CNNgo (at CNN.com/go and via CNNgo apps for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Samsung Smart TV and Android TV) and on the CNN mobile apps for iOS and Android. The documentary will also be available the day after the broadcast premiere on demand via cable/satellite systems, CNNgo platforms and CNN mobile apps. Weed 1-3 is now also available for subscribers via CNNgo (at CNN.com/go and via CNNgo apps for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Samsung Smart TV and Android TV) and on the CNN mobile apps for iOS and Android.

###

About CNN Special Reports CNN Special Reports is the award-winning, in-house documentary unit focusing on in-depth and investigative reporting of major issues and events and the powerful human-interest stories that reflect our times.

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/...l-report-dr-sanjay-gupta-weed-4-pot-vs-pills/

Dr. Sanjay Gupta was on CNN with Brooke Baldwin today (3:40 PM EST.)

A years worth of cannabis investigation combined with the scientific documentation, and Jeff Sessions wouldn't accept an invitation to be interviewed for the special report.

1) Cannabis can treat pain, and can even do it in ways the opioids can not.

2) 115 people die each day from opioid overdoses, no one's died of a cannabis overdose.

3) Cannabis can treat the withdrawal symptoms associated with opioids.

4) CBD can help heal the addicts brain.

"We know now, and you'll see that CBD, which is a component of cannabis, can help heal the addicts brain."

"I wanted the Attorney General to know that if you were to go into the lab and try to design something to help us get out of this opioid epidemic, it might look like cannabis."

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Attorney General Jeff Session's congressional testimony yesterday concerning medical marijuana (the testimony is cued up to the specific questioning by Senator Schatz from Hawaii, Senator Lankford from Oklahoma, Senator Van Hollan from Maryland who had no MMJ related questions, and Senator Murkowski from Alaska,)

https://youtu.be/ss67GU_Lkx8?t=58m30s

[rebutal]

Attached is the entire forward by Lester Grinspoon, M.D. to The Pot Book by Julie Holland, M.D. (2000)

"The only workable way of realizing the full potential of this remarkable substance, including it's full medical potential, is to free it from the present dual set of regulations---those that control prescription drugs in general and the special criminal laws that control psychoactive substances. These mutually reinforcing laws establish a set of social categories that strangle marijuana's uniquely multifaceted potential. The only way out is to cut the knot by giving marijuana the same status as alcohol---legalizing it for adults for all uses and removing it entirely from the medical and criminal control systems."

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.09.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.09.05 PM.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.09.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.09.32 PM.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.10.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.10.01 PM.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.10.30 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.10.30 PM.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.10.56 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.10.56 PM.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.11.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.11.58 PM.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.11.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.11.42 PM.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.11.30 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.11.30 PM.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.17.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.17.10 PM.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 3.26.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 3.26.16 PM.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.12.15 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.12.15 PM.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 3.26.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 3.26.51 PM.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.12.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.12.59 PM.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.13.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.13.16 PM.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

foaf

Veteran
I’ve patented several things and some have been successful. Had I wanted to patent my closed extraction system with refrigeration pump or my early trials with dry ice cooling of a passive reclaiming unit - I knew how. And I have pretty good documentation of the dates of my pholotographs and they have been posted on several sites that are still up and still have the threads listed.
thenook.org since 2002 and the long gone overgrown but I think that there are mirrors of the overgrown threads somewhere

Dab on fellas.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I’ve patented several things and some have been successful. Had I wanted to patent my closed extraction system with refrigeration pump or my early trials with dry ice cooling of a passive reclaiming unit - I knew how. And I have pretty good documentation of the dates of my pholotographs and they have been posted on several sites that are still up and still have the threads listed.
thenook.org since 2002 and the long gone overgrown but I think that there are mirrors of the overgrown threads somewhere

Dab on fellas.

wow so cool, look who showed up. nice one man, welcome back. ill never forget seeing that extraction system you posted up here for the first time, it was the beginning of closed loop extraction tech being developed. it was history in the making and we were there to see you do it :D
always wanted to see what you think of the long way it all came from that starting point to now. did you ever think you'd see the extraction industry blow up like it did?

anyway it's an honor to have you here man, i hope you stick around.

foaf

Veteran
Ive pokes around - it’s different but “ion” used cold temps to assist butane extraction in nov 2002. You have to remove the “s” from https for the links to work.

https://www.thenook.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=656&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Need to register to view.

My “honeypot” was posted there before here July 2005

And while I did cryogenic reclamation in 2005 the first post referencing it that I can find was 2006.

https://www.thenook.org/forum/uploads/monthly_08_2007/post-541-1188015125.jpg

foaf

Veteran
Thanks Gaius glad to see you still around.

I’ll bop in more. I’m growing again so I’ll have some enthusiasm.

This was posted in 2005 but I can only find a 2006 reference.

A pressure vessel holding butane after running it through cannabis in a column, then passively reclaiming it in my cold tank with a coil in the pinapple jiuce can holding dry ice and acetone andthetank in dry ice

Attachments

• A53EEFCD-8744-4BD7-884A-CEBF65AD805D.jpeg
    A53EEFCD-8744-4BD7-884A-CEBF65AD805D.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Latest posts