What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New England Garage 8kw DEVA's, 54k btu, 32 plant, Ebb buckets coco top feed dtw

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I put all of the little girls in 3 gal fabric pots with some ph'd coco. I'm starting them out around .8 ec and going to work up to 1.2 ec once a day feeding. My ro water after nutes is around 6.0 ph. I'll alternate ph around 5.8-6.2 also they got a sulphur treatment for good measure. They appear to be bouncing back now after a couple of days of shock from the transplant.

Did you wash out the soil from these cuttings to switch to coco? I were given a cut (a mom) in soil I want to flower in coco.

I have washed out (slightly) other cuts in these situations, but they were just rooted cuts and their rootballs were tiny. Not so sure if washing out thoroughly this mom...

Repuk. Pests appear to be wiped out now. Sorry the pic doesn't show the RO spicket. The green thing is just a water measuring device I bought for cheap.

Glad to hear that. Oh, now I understand! :biggrin:

p0opstlnksal0t

Did you wash out the soil from these cuttings to switch to coco? I were given a cut (a mom) in soil I want to flower in coco. I have washed out (slightly) other cuts in these situations, but their rootballs were tiny. Not so sure if washing out thoroughly this mom...

Glad to hear that. Oh, now I understand! :biggrin:

i did indeed. it takes a little while to get all the soil out of the roots but i got 99% of it. these plants are about 14-20" tall and about as big around as the 3 gal pots

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks! Will try the thorough washing then, don't like the idea of organic soil being fed coco nutes...

p0opstlnksal0t

Slowly coming around. Will slap on another coat of pain once the Scrog frames are in place.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-09-19-22-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-12-09-19-22-41.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20171209_150141.jpg
    20171209_150141.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 8

p0opstlnksal0t

Ive acquired cuts of all these guys in the last few weeks, rooting them all now. should I stick with tried and true GG4 for the first run/dial in? I was thinking a big bud cross might be a decent yeilder too.

Northern Lights x Big Bud Feminised -World of Seeds
seedsman.com/en/northern-light-x-big-bud-feminised-seeds?___from_store=seedsman_en

Northern Lights x Blueberry Feminized -Delicious Seeds
gorilla-cannabis-seeds.co.uk/deliciousseeds/feminized/northern-light-blue-feminized.html

Blue Cheese Feminised -Barney's Farm
barneysfarmshop.com/barneys-farm-seeds/blue-cheese.html

White Widow x Big bud Feminised -Female Seeds
seedsman.com/en/white-widow-x-big-bud?___from_store=seedsman_en

Swaberry feminised "strawberry cough x Swurple" Local Custom bred

White Widow feminised -Seedsman
seedsman.com/en/white-widow-feminised-seeds?___from_store=seedsman_en

Black Gum feminised -Original Sensible Seeds
zamnesia.com/original-sensible-seeds/2561-black-gum-feminised.html

Super Silver Haze feminised -Greenhouse Seed Company
shop.greenhouseseeds.nl/super-silver-haze-feminised.html?sl=en

Strawberry cough x Sour Diesel -Devil's harvest Seeds
thedevilsharvestseeds.com/buy-cannabis-seeds/strawberry-sour-diesel-feminised/

Sour Diesel -Royal Queen Seeds
seedsman.com/en/sour-diesel-feminised-seeds

G13 -Barney's Farm feminised
seedsman.com/en/g13-haze-seeds?___from_store=seedsman_en

Pakistan Valley feminised -World Of Seeds
deliciousseeds.com/del_en/pakistan-valley.html

White Rhino feminised -Greenhouse Seed Company
shop.greenhouseseeds.nl/white-rhino-feminised.html?sl=en

King Tut "Tutankhamun" feminised -Pyramid Seeds
pyramidseeds.com/Tutankhamon

GG4 Gorilla Glue #4 (clone only cut out of Colorado)

Miraculous Meds

If it were me and the gg4 was the true cut, id run that if production were on top of the list. then a test run with all the others to see which fill the bill for your liking.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
If it were me and the gg4 was the true cut, id run that if production were on top of the list. then a test run with all the others to see which fill the bill for your liking.

i second this. do the gg4 for your main haul and maybe do a small SOG of the others to test validity. i will no longer bank on untested stuff. too much of a risk. if its the real deal, then it has the hype and people will love it. then sort through your others and pick the best that work for you and your setup.

it always sounds great to have a bunch of variety but it really does kill productivity when things dont go smoothly.

p0opstlnksal0t

Technically even the gg4 is untested by myself. I just don't have any connections up here. I'm going on word of mouth bye a local guy who seems to have a decent little following around here I'm hoping that is enough.

p0opstlnksal0t

trying to think of a good way to keep the 275g tote from freezing up in the winter. Anyone know of a decent way of keeping my res in the 65-70 degree range? i was looking at pond deicers but they dont appear to fit in a 6" tote opening. then i thought about using a couple of cheap aquarium submersible heaters. can these things be submersed down to the bottom of the tank? i keep hearing that the tstat dial on them needs to be above the water line.

KONY

Veteran
trying to think of a good way to keep the 275g tote from freezing up in the winter. Anyone know of a decent way of keeping my res in the 65-70 degree range? i was looking at pond deicers but they dont appear to fit in a 6" tote opening. then i thought about using a couple of cheap aquarium submersible heaters. can these things be submersed down to the bottom of the tank? i keep hearing that the tstat dial on them needs to be above the water line.

2 large aquarium heaters should do it. They wont need to be all the way at the bottom. Don't trust the rating on then, you will need 2-3x what they say.

Also make sure the tote is a few inches off the ground/concrete/floor.

Or might be better to get one large Livestock tank heater. These are much more durable but less easy to control exact temp. Again you will need much bigger than they say as you need it to heat the water quicker.

p0opstlnksal0t

2 large aquarium heaters should do it. They wont need to be all the way at the bottom. Don't trust the rating on then, you will need 2-3x what they say.

Also make sure the tote is a few inches off the ground/concrete/floor.

Or might be better to get one large Livestock tank heater. These are much more durable but less easy to control exact temp. Again you will need much bigger than they say as you need it to heat the water quicker.

maybe 2 300 watters? or might i need 3x 300 watters? The reason i wanted them at the bottom was because the tank will drain over the course of a week i was planning on just tossing them in and letting them sink to the bottom. otherwise i might need something that floats so that it maintains elevation under the top of the water line.

the tote is in a steel cage/pallet, i thought about wrapping it in leftover insulation.

KONY

Veteran
maybe 2 300 watters? or might i need 3x 300 watters? The reason i wanted them at the bottom was because the tank will drain over the course of a week i was planning on just tossing them in and letting them sink to the bottom. otherwise i might need something that floats so that it maintains elevation under the top of the water line.

the tote is in a steel cage/pallet, i thought about wrapping it in leftover insulation.

The difference between 2 and 3 will be how quickly it can bring fresh water up to temp.

Are you using a float valve and filling more water as it drains out automatically, Or draining it down to almost empty then filling manually?

If float valve the 2 will be fine. I used a 150w with 45 gallon rez in a Maine basement and it was way more than enough. I could have easily used 75w. I was using a float switch and never using more than ~10 gallons at a time.

p0opstlnksal0t

there is no float valve. it will be draining and get refilled once a week. unfortunately i dont have the ability to run plumbing to the garage yet. the res will be in the uninsulated portion of the garage.

Mr Blah

there is no float valve. it will be draining and get refilled once a week. unfortunately i dont have the ability to run plumbing to the garage yet. the res will be in the uninsulated portion of the garage.
Shit! Uninsulated today way up noth is -17 with wind chill, could freeze by ends day. Along with those heaters might want to insulate that portion.
If not strapped for amps in the box, why not throw a electric greenhouse heater up. Heating the entire area might be more efficient because you could utilize the rest of the area that the rez sits. Just a thought.
https://www.ruralking.com/heater-24...2VhPMF0Nytu-jhS8-lYMxrg_N1XBmihsaAvKOEALw_wcB

p0opstlnksal0t

so insulating the res only wouldnt keep it from freezing up with the submersible heaters?
i can heat the uninsulated portion of the garage if i have to but was hoping i didnt have to lol

Miraculous Meds

Heres an idea. You still have to keep the main res from freezing, but to get temps up u could feed from your main res to a smaller res in the room, on a float valve from the main res. that would keep the nutrient water your going to feed the plants at room temp. that's what I do in my lung room where the main res stays around 67, but in the rooms, the feed res gets up to 71 or so.

Maybe a circulation pump going with the heaters would help with temps and freezing.

gmanwho

Veteran
Shit! Uninsulated today way up noth is -17 with wind chill, could freeze by ends day. Along with those heaters might want to insulate that portion.
If not strapped for amps in the box, why not throw a electric greenhouse heater up. Heating the entire area might be more efficient because you could utilize the rest of the area that the rez sits. Just a thought.
https://www.ruralking.com/heater-24...2VhPMF0Nytu-jhS8-lYMxrg_N1XBmihsaAvKOEALw_wcB

excellent price on that heater btw

Desert Hydro

Veteran
could you not split the rooms and run them on opposite flowering schedules? pump the heat from one to the other?

Latest posts

Latest posts