What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Test Room A. LSD x DQ hybrids
Just a "light" defoliation would hate to over do it...lol

What the fuck is this? Hemp BX? haha! The giant leaves came off this plant. It will fill out they always do...

mushroombrew

Veteran
ur in the library on the Internet saying ur gonna get to the book in the library.

see he made you dumber. "i guess" ur talking like regis asking if they have a picture of his coffee table after its a tv show in a tv show and fake of a fake of a fake. ur not suppose to be like a fan.

yea customer assistance at the lottery desk says that in the thread title its like a prenub from a women. u cant make it to the sex place if you do that then you rape the women if you come back to the sex place from the other place. proven fact.

Even for a troll you seem especially "off"

mr.brunch

Veteran
why would you go into the library quoting Internet about the library?

Kitchen apples breadbasket. If you king hamster turtle, why would have been something babbling idiot?

Makes about as much sense as what I'm reading, anyway.

DunHav`nFun

Sorry have to disagree sort of... Plant numbers do not dictate yield.

Plant numbers dictate the how quickly that yield is achieved.

More plants = less veg time.

I could fit 162 FreeRooters in a 4x8 (4/sqft). But the plants grow so damn fast. Too fast.

But yes you are right I could probably do #3/light with no veg with 162 in the tray.
Lets just break one record at a time shall we...
I like the way you put that , because how quickly yield is achieved is the name of the game in commercial production Bro......but....last time I looked , 4 x 8 trays only hold 128 plants @ 4 per sq ft so evidently your rooters are less than 6 x 6 and or you`re running more than 4 per sq ft.....now.....

Are`nt those rockwool cubes in your rooters ?.....and for the record.....I`m in no way trying to start competition by the plant numbers thing , just pointing out what`s been known for over 20 yrs but fell thru the cracks with all the old sites gone away.....
but....

I am pointing out that your massive stretch is most likely due to the plants being crammed together so tight and they`re competing for environment and light stimulus during a veg period compared to not.....and....

I`ve seen it many many times with SOG setups over the yrs with strains that had little to no stretch if individually grown in bigger separate containers.....and....

My guys started using coco cubes and plugs a yr or so ago due to comparable prices , availability , easier disposal , and being more "green"..... but yields have stayed constant , so......again....

Increased plant numbers dictate faster yields guaranteed....but.....with 128-6 x 6 free rooters in 4 x 8 flood tables , veg needs to be where each cola develops into 1/2 oz dried and cured within a 6 x 6" cubic ftg area for up to 4 lbs and more strain dependent.....not hard at all with runs under your belt and dialed strains monocropped......just takes trial and error on when to pull the trigger....and lastly.....

There are many experienced growers here and other places doing 3 lbs per 1 KW light that don`t talk much about it or advertise , but they`ve adapted to the DE Gavitas and other similar units that create up to 5 x 5 sq ft coverage with DIY 5 x 10 tables that are being done with up to 9 plants per light using dialed strains and minimal veg like 2-3 weeks strain dependent.....again.....

Just giving food for thought and not trying to shove shit down your throat.....Many ways to skin a mule with not much new under the sun....anyways......Good luck and.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

Last edited:

mushroombrew

Veteran
I like the way you put that , because how quickly yield is achieved is the name of the game in commercial production Bro......but....last time I looked , 4 x 8 trays only hold 128 plants @ 4 per sq ft so evidently your rooters are less than 6 x 6 and or you`re running more than 4 per sq ft.....now.....

Are`nt those rockwool cubes in your rooters ?.....and for the record.....I`m in no way trying to start competition by the plant numbers thing , just pointing out what`s been known for over 20 yrs but fell thru the cracks with all the old sites gone away.....
but....

I am pointing out that your massive stretch is most likely due to the plants being crammed together so tight and they`re competing for environment and light stimulus during a veg period compared to not.....and....

I`ve seen it many many times with SOG setups over the yrs with strains that had little to no stretch if individually grown in bigger separate containers.....and....

My guys started using coco cubes and plugs a yr or so ago due to comparable prices , availability , easier disposal , and being more "green"..... but yields have stayed constant , so......again....

Increased plant numbers dictate faster yields guaranteed....but.....with 128-6 x 6 free rooters in 4 x 8 flood tables , veg needs to be where each cola develops into 1/2 oz dried and cured within a 6 x 6" cubic ftg area for up to 4 lbs and more strain dependent.....not hard at all with runs under your belt and dialed strains monocropped......just takes trial and error on when to pull the trigger....and lastly.....

There are many experienced growers here and other places doing 3 lbs per 1 KW light that don`t talk much about it or advertise , but they`ve adapted to the DE Gavitas and other similar units that create up to 5 x 5 sq ft coverage with DIY 5 x 10 tables that are being done with up to 9 plants per light using dialed strains and minimal veg like 2-3 weeks strain dependent.....again.....

Just giving food for thought and not trying to shove shit down your throat.....Many ways to skin a mule with not much new under the sun....anyways......Good luck and.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

I totally hear what you are saving. Not taking it negatively at all.

I root in 1.5 rockwool cubes. I have some plants in LIM which is perlite/croutons.

But the FreeRooters have no real media. I can drop a cube straight in.
Or use hydroton. Just like DWC the roots are free.

Yes they are 5.75" square. So yes just a tad over 4 per sqft. But the stretch isnt due to crowding. Even with 6-8 plants per 4x4 they go nuts.
Like I said its more like aero growth. And seeing as we just switched over the veg time has to go down. It's the dimishing returns thing.
Some guys might be happy with 4ft plants indoors. Not me.

My ideal canopy is 2ft deep with dutch crap. And up to 3.5ft with GG#4 and OG's. They yield better as tall bushes with lots of nodes. And light penetrates further.

Lastly you got to understand I am not using the heaviest strains. So it's not solely about weight. It also has to be high quality.

I actually believe I can get bigger yields with OG's. I am giving it a shot with GG#4.
81 plants in a 4x4. Drip DTW. LIM media. Just started veg.

But They will be 3-4ft tall. They can do 2oz each at that height. If I get adequate penetration thats 160 OZ

And if I pull it off I certainly won't be posting about it...lol

EDIT:- I believe Light to rarely be the limiting factor in indoor growing. Nutes, pH and media limit growth most of the time.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Indoor Purple season is here!

I got robbed of my summer. So much smoke this year. So I am not looking forward to winter.

My plants on the other hand couldn't be happier about it! I can get it much colder at night when its -12F outside! Reservoirs stay super cold too. Almost too cold which I love.
I like grabbing stems a little after lights on. The room will be in the 80's but the stems are ice cold from sucking up nutes!!
And humidity gets super low. You can really push plants with low humidity. So yields tend to increase.

No more AC headaches. No outside pests. Time to put my head down and grow.

Wish you all low rez temps!!

mushroombrew

Veteran
OK DHF here is the "old school" method. Basically what you describe. Except GG#4 is a lanky bitch. So it will form an interlocking canopy vs a Dutch single cola. American genetics do don't SOG very well. So will create an LST canopy.

Media has varied but I have been growing like this since '90. Just have to adapt to different genetics. Will veg as long as necessary to get a couple thousand nodes! Lots of topping and training.

They have been vegging 24hrs. Recirc drip in veg.

Then drip DTW in flower for an extra clean finish.

A

AVOH

This thread is still on the up and up
Keep up the great work and motivational vibes

mr.brunch

Veteran
Clean up on aisle 5!!

Good luck with your efforts mushroombrew, shame your thread is getting trashed.
I'm sure someone will arrive with the troll-wipes soon.