What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

89' Hells Angels OG

TJBudz

Beautiful and frosty, Hells Angels OG, on of my favorite smokes.

Attachments

• Hells Angels OG.jpg
    Hells Angels OG.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 49

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
'89? Did somebody just throw a random year on there? If it were '89 it would already be pre dating any Chems and OGs. I don't know enough about the lineage of the strain though beyond that the cut from The Hells Angles. Anybody have any more info?

Tynehead Tom

some folks don't realize that the bikers were just as heavily involved in breeding as the seed slingers we have today.
I was taught to grow by Outlaw and hells angels members and that schooling included breeding and phenotype hunting.
In 89 there was no such thing as a "Hells Angels OG" , not in Canada anyways. In fact , the term OG was not used until well into the 2000's.
the old hells angels HP might be an OG as it certainly fits the bill by todays standards and could be from those lines of low yielding super greasy OG like plants.

problem is Hells Angels are in many countries so we would have to know the source of the cut to determine if it is what it's advertised as. BUT I would agree, in 89 , "OG" was not a term used in our gardens.

U

useless.gardens

hells angel og isnt from 89. like 6-8 years ago.
who dat is makes perfect sense.

that are no ogz until chemdawg hits the west coast.

TJBudz

some folks don't realize that the bikers were just as heavily involved in breeding as the seed slingers we have today.
I was taught to grow by Outlaw and hells angels members and that schooling included breeding and phenotype hunting.
In 89 there was no such thing as a "Hells Angels OG" , not in Canada anyways. In fact , the term OG was not used until well into the 2000's.
the old hells angels HP might be an OG as it certainly fits the bill by todays standards and could be from those lines of low yielding super greasy OG like plants.

problem is Hells Angels are in many countries so we would have to know the source of the cut to determine if it is what it's advertised as. BUT I would agree, in 89 , "OG" was not a term used in our gardens.
Now I Know this is the 89 cut is may not have been called a OG at the time, But deff. is. Also Triangle OG or TK was a OG from 88'. But not labeled a OG till later.

Tynehead Tom

cool stuff man and sorry if my post came off as trying to question your cut.
I would like to see more pics of your HA cut , good leaf shots, veg shots ect.
there is a Hells Angels cut I have been seeking for a long time now that was called a hash plant back in 89 thru 2000. It does indeed grow exactly like todays low yielding viney OG's and I have long believed that that HP could very well be the mother of "OG" in the US.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran

Yeah I had my eyes opened to this around that time dude broke me down how it worked for them, inspired me a bit, won't deny.

Cats used to run a place by me (grow place), gave me back door access and were really cool to me. The kind of big dudes with hammers on their belts that aren't carpenters. I just have too many occasions in my life where someone like that or someone who was family with someone like that being incredibly kind to me when in a time of need, for no other reason than to help someone out.

I know the world has a popular opinion, that just hasn't been the experience I have encountered. Quite the opposite.

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
hells angel og isnt from 89. like 6-8 years ago.
who dat is makes perfect sense.

that are no ogz until chemdawg hits the west coast.

Not true, I was smoking Triangle og in the south when I was a teenager in the early 90s. Not to say some Og's aren't Chem hybrids today.

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Also not saying the "original" ogs aren't from that hash plant either. That sounds about right to me as well.

X

xavier7995

Yeah I had my eyes opened to this around that time dude broke me down how it worked for them, inspired me a bit, won't deny.

Cats used to run a place by me (grow place), gave me back door access and were really cool to me. The kind of big dudes with hammers on their belts that aren't carpenters. I just have too many occasions in my life where someone like that or someone who was family with someone like that being incredibly kind to me when in a time of need, for no other reason than to help someone out.

I know the world has a popular opinion, that just hasn't been the experience I have encountered. Quite the opposite.

Similar experience, bikers were some of the kindest folks I knew growing up, as long as you are honest and respectful those hammers stay in the holster. Long been looking for the weed they grew, always described it as good ol boy weed from the mid 90s, maybe checking out HAOG will yield better results than my shots in the dark.

U

useless.gardens

all ogz are chem hybrids if you ask me. chem was already down south in the late 80s. without which there'd be no "triangle og". which isnt quite right either. im all my life on the beast coast. i hold cuts too. you must have meant triangle kush? tk ?

ogz are none ...w/o chemdawg. 91skunkva , and the very important dnl.

sure diesel was out west. strains like oil can in colo. & a few others like daywrecker.

still. imo, no og w/o chemdawg.

Last edited:

TJBudz

all ogz are chem hybrids if you ask me. chem was already down south in the late 80s. without which there'd be no "triangle og". which isnt quite right either. im all my life on the beast coast. i hold cuts too. you must have meant triangle kush? tk ? ogz are none ...w/o chemdawg. 89skunkva , dnl , etc. sure diesel was out west. strains like oil can & a few others. still. no og w/o chemdawg.

I get what you are saying, you also have to realize that through the mid 80's to early 90's Many strains were being brought back from overseas. At this time we were fighting and training in the Middle East. Most of these Soldiers were Spec Ops. When they went over a good amount were connected to outlaws/bikers/breeders. They would bring back these original strains like TK and Hell Angels. These are some of the most original OGs we know about. Once again they may not have been considered a OG at the time, but through time we have come to call them OG's. My family are Bikers and I served in Spec Ops in 1st Ranger Battalion, just so u don't think I am speaking out of my ass.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
So the kush that came from Fl to Ca by Josh D and Matt Bubba was chem 91?

I deffo can see a resemblance, but I see differences too.

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
all ogz are chem hybrids if you ask me. chem was already down south in the late 80s. without which there'd be no "triangle og". which isnt quite right either. im all my life on the beast coast. i hold cuts too. you must have meant triangle kush? tk ?

ogz are none ...w/o chemdawg. 89skunkva , and the very important dnl.

sure diesel was out west. strains like oil can in colo. & a few others like daywrecker.

still. imo, no og w/o chemdawg.

Skva was '91...

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Someone already knows the answer to this question. Genetic profiling has been being catalogued for many years now in various US states and Canada as well as a couple other countries. One day we will really know. Until then, we are likely beating the dead horse. Where's that emoji when you need it

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
So the kush that came from Fl to Ca by Josh D and Matt Bubba was chem 91?

I deffo can see a resemblance, but I see differences too.

I don't think so. That was probably what I was smoking in the early 90s. We just called it triangle in South Georgia. Looks a lot like that people call TK. The hippies said they were smoking it since mid 80s

Latest posts

Latest posts