What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yeoman: 2011 Outdoor

Yeoman

wow, in awe...looks great.

have you had a problem with rippers before?
they realize you are there correct?

what would you do if you happened up on some in the middle of the night? shoot first as questions later

Never had an issue really. There is a local tree service around here that is renowned with scouting gardens during the day. They haven't bugged me. This is a good area, so I'm not too concerned. As for the what if.. There would be no shooting. It would be extremely difficult to rip this particular garden.

Regards,

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
im interested in getting those same solar powered lights as well, what store do you find all that nice stuff at? rippers depends on what kind of grow you got...my current grow isnt in the mountains so it would be dumb to take shots at rippers unless your life was in immediate danger...but some of my friends propertys are pretty secluded and they could get away with shooting and burying a ripper pretty easily...

Yeoman

Got the lights online at www.conceptsolarlights.com. They are the SL-100. Very bright, charge fast, well made. Got most of my doo-dads online on amazon or survival type web magazines. Plus the military surplus stuff from surplus vendors.

I live in the middle of nowhere. There is not much you could do out here that would gain someone's attention way out here. I have no need to shoot someone as my 'Last Month' security force has arrived.. :)

Regards,

Yeoman

You can get cheaper but functional solar spotlights at Harbor Freight Hardware for $20- each. I'd weather-proof them though.

Regards,

mapinguari

Veteran
Yeoman, how's the weather treating you? We've had light rain and lightning / thunder the last couple nights, nothing to get worried about here. What does worry me is this:

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SACRAMENTO CA
246 AM PDT TUE SEP 13 2011

THE STRONGER THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO CONTAIN VERY HEAVY
RAINFALL...DANGEROUS CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING STRIKES....BRIEF
GUSTY WINDS AND SMALL HAIL.

Yikes! Batten the hatches, hope it misses.

mapinguari

Veteran
Same two nights, second more moisture than the first. Most of my plants are a lot smaller than yours, and prolly not as far along; they did fine. The Hindu Skunk is farthest along for me, and it's only about three feet tall, no netting but it does have a pine pole tipi and a couple strands of baling twine. The Blue Dream that is 10 ft. tall and wide has about 4 layers of trellis netting, and came through like a champ. That one I know is gonna need to be able to withstand some weather, same with my DC/Haze f2...I've already decided which trees I'm gonna string rope between to make her a big tent.

Looks like that's all behind us now and the question is how long it will stay warm, and how long till the *real* storms come.

Best to you Yeoman.

S

Sad But True

Well worth taking my morning to read this thread... thanks for sharing man, cant wait for more pics!

:lurk:

Wow.........Read this thread last night. What an inspiration! I'm glad to know the kind of potential that exists in that neighborhood. I've got property at 3500' with a great view of Shasta and Lassen to the west. The last 3 years I've grown a few there, on a much different scale. I'm in the ground with reservoirs and timed drip irrigation, doing half lb. plants that I visit every 3rd week or so. Once I live on site I'll get a little more serious.....
If this is your first season there, a word to the wise. It will be getting cold soon. That area is much colder at that elevation than other areas of the North State.
By the second week in October I would expect to wake up to temps in the teens. By mid-November that could well become single digits. The first year we had our place we camped at Thanksgiving and the first morning woke up to 2 degrees.....Got a trailer just after that!

growbig789

makes a huge difference whether you are on a slope/ridge or in a valley/drainage basin obviously. Huge differences on the night time temps. When I drive up 36E to go fishing it can be 55 degrees at 3000-3500 ft up out of paynes creek on the slope up and then 25F in Mineral. I would think at that elevation you either need some quick finishing strains or you need to be on a slope where the radiational cooling is not as pronounced.

I agree Green and gold it is gonna start getting cold up in the mountains soon, probably get some cool nights the next few days! Hope everything comes together well for you Yeoman will enjoy seeing some more pics.

mapinguari

Veteran
You made a lot of work for yourself with all those nice plants, Yeoman! I hope you're well, and just busy trimming. (You don't have anything out still, do you?)