What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krunchbubble's Doubleds MPB buckets....

dexter840

nice krunch, you look like you got the same tubs that dude lost has, from lowes right? so what spacing are you using on yours? on that other site a got a 4 site u.c.knockoff i call the "below current" lol i was gonna run in the DD pattern 4 plant 5 light so i'm looking forward to watching you rock this before i can get back into things.

if you hit 2lbs a plant ill give this a try for sure but on a bigger scale like double d's like 25! i love dwc grows plants extremely fast! i just hate the constant monitoring paranoid of leaks and shit!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
dexter840 - i used "lost's" ideas, home depot buckets and ppi fittings. i think the spacing is 60" from bulb to bulb....

extreegrowerrr - they are regular flood and drain, ppi fittings. 2 1" out's and 1 1/2" in. cost $5 instead of the $500 that doubleds does...

krunchbubble

Veteran
well, today i went to the house and already had my first flood.

yesterday, when i filled the 100 gallon res, i turned on the pump to fill the system and the buckets took about 80 gallons, so i filled the res half way again. i turned the system off to go home and i forgot how much water was in the system. 50 or so gallons on the floor! and this part of the house does not have pond liner! what a drag!

installed the drip system and planted the plants today. completely filled the system and have everything going, no problems yet with the system.

i do have one problem. the chiller is in the bathroom, adjoining this grow room. the chiller puts off heat and it is going into the grow room. the bathroom does not have an exhaust fan, so im going to have to figure this one out.

i also replaced all the airline from 1/8" to 3/8" and put 2 8" airstones in each bucket so the airpump does not overheat

Doradoguy

next time send me a PM

next time send me a PM

Krunch,
Nest time you start a thread PM me.:jump:
This will be good. Thanks for posting.

Thaniel

A regenerative blower with enough air for 10 of those will be under 250. So much cleaner, and won't have to worry about the heat issue. You just run 1 inch PVC out of the blower, then tap into it with cheap plastic valves where ever you need them, going into 3/8 air tube...

yayarea

You got to install the check valve bro, if you dont already know. Because if the power goes out there will be another spill !!!
Just install it right on to your feed pump, then about a foot from the valve add a T. Coming off of that T install a ball valve. Now you can open the ball valve when you need to drain the system much faster than draing back through the pump itself, then close when the system is running. Heres a pick of check valve, and a pick of the T and and ball valve from the farm and link, his name is easyplease. This dude helped me out a few times check his setup out if you already havent hes got some good ideas and a very clean system.

Anyways good shit as usual, I always come back to IC to check your shit out..... Peace

http://www.clearpvcpipe.com/114pvcclearthrswingcheckvalve.aspx

Attachments

• 1747.jpg
    1747.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_1744.jpg
    DSC_1744.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 18
Root clogging

Root clogging

krunchbubble :wave:

:tree: TREES MAN! Gonna be nice!
The system looks kinda like a cross between the Bio bucket design and an Under Current.
Bottom feed to top drain make the most sense to me.
Im gonna go into one of those UC's soon so it'll be my first bucket DWC also. Maybe I'll copy the UC design,not sure yet. I DIY'd all my Aeroflo's so it shouldnt be hard.

Hey maybe I can offer a tip(and maybe not).The double drains I see are a great idea but judging by the pics are those 1"?
Roots grow like mad crazy and are known to clog drain lines and cause floods.
:chin:My idea is to put an emergency drain line 1" higher than the existing ones.This line would be inactive except in the case of a clog because if by some crazy chance the roots clogged the two lines the water would rise and drain into this 1" higher line.This obviously cant be done now but maybe for future grows it might save mopping up a load of water.Ive been there brother it sucked!:mopper:
Better safe than sorry.:eek:

Looking rockin man!

Grow on!
Herb :smoker:

Last edited:

highonmt

Veteran
Yep if you can replicate doubleds preformance and turn out this.
picture.php

you're going to be a very happy grower. I used to grow a very similar looking g13 strain...lost it in a moment of stupidity..
HM

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shitty, spills suck.

Grab a 200 gallon low profile rez.

I think Krunch has some of D's seeds. I may be mistaken.

My 5 buckets are made. Im gonna go look at mags tmrw.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
looks good so far man, i have those same hd yellow and black tubs. good stuff, but be careful with the lids I remember light getting through mine and causing algae.

maybe you wont have this problem with the high flow rate and o2 levels though.

good luck braa

krunchbubble

Veteran
the magic merlins took off right away, they look great. the whitefire looks good, the chemkush is not really liking life right now. may replace her if she dosent get going by tomorrow.

the temp today was a high of 87 in the room with 4 lights going, along with the chiller and the house air conditioner. i know if i could take the chillers heat out of the equation, the room would drop 7-12 degrees, easily. dont want to cut holes in the walls, but may have to to exhaust to another part of the house.

Thaniel - interesting, im going to check into those......

yayarea - thx for the tip, went to lowe's and did the check valve thing, going to save me from more floods, i can tell i will have a few more, to much water flowing.

highonmt - what do you mean if? just kidding, i would be happy with 3/4 what doubleds yields.

VagPuncher - ya, spills suck, its a learning curve with this one, hopefully not to many more! i do have doubleds g13 strain.....

turbolaser4528 - interesting, i bet thats why everyone covers there tubs with panda plastic. good looking out!