What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You Can Use Perlite to Achieve 99%-100% Humidity

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I see posts where people say they constantly spray on their clones/seedlings. Spraying isn't necessary, perlite can be used to bring a dome up to 99-100% humidity.

Take a handful of perlite and line the container, or just put it in its own plate or cup. It should be wet but there should be NO standing water. Standing water is counter-productive. It blocks the pours on the perlite making it useless for humidity.

2fast4u2

cloning is fastest w/o a humidity dome.

gives roots a reason to grow.

transpiration 101

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Some people can't seem to clone without domes. I won't say dome free is faster but, high RH is deadly. Rather than create lethal levels of RH, learn to clone without it. Short cuts with well trimmed leaves allows me to clone at 15% RH dome free.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
I am now trying without the dome and it seems to be taking longer, but I will be happy as long as they transplant without the humidity shock I have been getting.