What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Algae proof glass?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Light on your roots = algae. I would like to keep my root system visible from the outside (it's pleasant to look at, and great for diagnostics of the aero system).

What spectrum of light is responsible for algae growth? Perhaps we can construct a window made out of glass that blocks that spectrum of light, meaning the roots stay visible but algae free.

Is this possible?

M

mexilandrace

the same spectrum that grows pot is the same that grows algae, it's just a little plant

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Yes but the roots are below the plants in a light proof container. What I want is to create a window in this container that will not let ALL light in, but at least make it visible (i.e., only let in green spectrum)

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
I don't know how true it was but I read that using green translucent pots stops the algae problems usually associated with clear pots in a medium-based grow. Personally I would use a flap of tape or something.

Latest posts

Latest posts