What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

acmpr HASH!! sorta kief

clearheaded

well this is strange, interesting how they got around the rules. i suppose similar to ground cannabis. anyway https://www.cannafarms.ca/blog/

1.8% terps oooo 35%thc ahhhhh . lol sounds like farmer grade kief but eh, its a start... and nice they arent trying to sell for 40 or 50 a gram. 25$ bit high since clean BHO is 30-40ish now and decent bubble ranges from 15-30. i know some pricier stuff but average. lol but you know they are just cleaning out the machine they grind there bottoms in for "ready" varietys lol

clearheaded

the reason it is interesting is the LAW prohibits hash... cause its evil but somehow they worked enough plant matter into hash to pass it by HC.. will be interesting when we hear the secret on how that happened. actually kirk tousaw is the one who brought this to my attention asking them how that can fly by HC...

Limeygreen

Veteran
Is it that the lp cannot make hashish but the medical growers can process their own hashish correct?

Maple_Flail

read between the lines.. MEh this is just meh

it keif, it isn't hash.. 25$ a gram? its going to be 30-40% thc.

its right around what the regulations actually currently limit to have things available.

I'm sure there has been new amendments in the last few months, Also the way LPs treat the stuff i would not want to come anywhere close to this, Will be harsh as shit. Everything i've made out of LP gear has been harsh, get stuff that needs a bit of a dry from bro on the corner and that stuff processes great.

Lp's Dry the fuck out of their gear, its basically mandated by regulation, Hard pass on this

Maple_Flail

Lp’s need a special license for solvent extractions.
Med growers are prohibited from using solvents.

Eh.. no, we can use solvents, its just limited. but no one is really checking and it really is your own health. there are like 4 or 5 iirc that are ok by health canada. (you can call them and they were direct your to their solvent tables and tell you which class of solvent you can use)

petro solvents are prohibited. CO2 is the one they use for oils. obv can use plant oil as a solvent aswell

some use Ethanol, I've also seen photos of large scale presses in processing areas so they might be pressing some of it also.

“Another notable change from the former MMAR is that registered persons, as well as designated persons, will have the ability to alter the dried marijuana they harvest into other products, such as oils. In doing so, individuals are prohibited from using organic solvents (e.g., butane), given the health and safety risks posed by use of these products.“
A quote from the regulations.
Organic solvents not allowed.

gbalive

its too bad the ones that spent huns of thousands to learn how to make really bad oil:laughing:
could have waited and seen WE can do better with pressure :dance013:

Maple_Flail

class 3 is allowed. that acetone, iso, and a bunch of other not in fashion for cannabis solvents, the majority of what pot heads want to use is Class 2

68(1)

Specification Cannabis oil does not contain residues of solvents other than Class 3 solvents listed in the current Guidance Document — Impurities: Guideline for Residual Solvents, ICH Topic
Q3C(R5), published by the Department of Health, (as amended from time to time).

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its too bad the ones that spent huns of thousands to learn how to make really bad oil:laughing:
could have waited and seen WE can do better with pressure :dance013:

Large markets trend towards pens and edibles. Sauce and diamonds commands a higher price than rosin.

Despite some positing rosin as a potential future for medical, this is a sad joke.

I make better rosin than most but I see it for what it is. Dab culture is a subset of cannabis culture, rosin more so.

Maple_Flail

Large markets trend towards pens and edibles. Sauce and diamonds commands a higher price than rosin.

Despite some positing rosin as a potential future for medical, this is a sad joke.

I make better rosin than most but I see it for what it is. Dab culture is a subset of cannabis culture, rosin more so.

just because its used for dabs now, doesn't mean it can't be used for medical/ediable concentrates.

I've got no interest in Dab culture, but i've got one hell of an interest in rosin pressing. if the returns are justifiable its significantly faster than using a solvent and no purge needed

just my take on it

Last edited:
Clarity needed

Clarity needed

class 3 is allowed. that acetone, iso, and a bunch of other not in fashion for cannabis solvents, the majority of what pot heads want to use is Class 2

68(1)

Specification Cannabis oil does not contain residues of solvents other than Class 3 solvents listed in the current Guidance Document — Impurities: Guideline for Residual Solvents, ICH Topic
Q3C(R5), published by the Department of Health, (as amended from time to time).
The solvents you mention as being legal are classified as “organic solvents “.
Can you post a link to the pertinent regulations?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just because its used for dabs now, doesn't mean it can't be used for medical/ediable concentrates.

I've got no interest in Dab culture, but i've got one hell of an interest in rosin pressing. if the returns are justifiable its significantly faster than using a solvent and no purge needed

just my take on it

Rosin is hardly scaleable. Larger plates produce lower quality.

The medical industry wants purity and high throughput. You think the acres of CBD flowers under field production are going to be squished by a production line of wookies with hair straighteners and shop presses? No. They will be extracted with large scale solvent systems that will process more material in a day or week than you or I would see in a lifetime.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1HN1A4

I believe there is some political opposition but with more potential deals every month the allure will grow.

Even the shite food extraction company Aurora bought into claims throughput in the tens of thousands of kilo's.

https://investor.auroramj.com/press-releases/

Unlikely to be rosin derived.

Last edited:

Maple_Flail

The solvents you mention as being legal are classified as “organic solvents “.
Can you post a link to the pertinent regulations?

https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2016-230/FullText.html

then Ctrl + F "class 3"

SUBDIVISION D Good Production Practices section

bottom of the top third of the bill. 68 (1)

I've also had many discussions about this WITH Health Canada, they are the ones that tipped me onto RX compounding solvents generally being acceptable provided a safe environment is provided (not likely verbatim but very close)

p.s. Also I'm pretty sure all the solvents specifically listed in the acmpr are class 2 solvents in that area. Unless I'm mistaken, and I could be here. all the solvents listed are not only highly flammable but also combustible at room temperature and pressure ( again could be wrong), and the majority of Class 3 are "just" flammable? I've only heard of Iso fire balls, never Iso exploding like you hear about butane.

Last edited: