What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

growing Northern Lights /Ak 48 SOG/Scrog

Tri-tone

Hello Guys!

haven't done a Grow the last 3 years so I decided it is time for one

I Did a few grows in the past the last few years here and there, including Soil /Correls/Cocos.. a few Scrogs /vert scrogs so I guess I know at least a tiny bit about growing

a few years ago I had one Killer-run, with Northern lights, I hope this Strain is as uniform as it was back then, when I grew that stuff... I remember using 3 mother plants (sprouted 5 seeds, 1 male 4 females), did cuttings, and then flowered 49 plants in correls. the reg. 10 pack, had almost only winner-plants in it, 7 females also

this time there will be no real Selection going on, so I hope the Seeds still do as fine. it's a bit of a gamble...and you never know with Nirvana, it's like a box of chocolates:biggrin:

my Setup:
I am planning to flower at least 48 plants in 3.5L on about 4x10 and 10 big plants in 11L/14L in my 4x4 tent
everything in soil. mainly organic fertilizer.

Lights
will be 600w+400w on the 4x10 area and 600 watts for the tent.

maybe I'll buy 10-20 more of those 3.5L pots, cause they're pretty small...:dance013:

I'll Veg all 14 seeds for about 4-6 Weeks so I can make some nice cuttings, then I'll flower the mother plants also, cause I need some fresh and better genetics the next run, always wanted to grow a nice killing fields pheno..

and of course I'll have to sex those 14 plants cause they're regular.. should have purchased fems, but wanted to keep some mother plants at first, and I avoid using fem seeds for that.

It's only VEG day 4 and only for the AK's, cause they sprouted first..
the first NL's came out about 3 days after the AK's ,
they needed a lil bit longer.
So far all of them sprouted, 4 AK's and 10 NL's

the AK seeds were small seeds.. the NL's were pretty big seeds...

enough talk, here are the first pictures:
first one are the 4 AK48s, the other pics are all Northern Lights.
There's not that much to see right now, but I'll update in about a week or 2 maybe when I've installed the 400MH bulb

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Americangrower

Veteran
awe man I missed the wackiness...

I grew both Ak48 and Nl from Nirvana back in like 04. The AK was more sativa then I thought it would be. I did find a nice Cherry 1 tho. The NL was nice. Not super powerful but still a good smoke. Was what I would say 70/30 indica sided .

Tri-tone

Is there a minimum of posts provided so I can edit what I have posted? cause I cant edit my posts afterwards, which sucks... anybody knows? don't want to ask a admin every time I want to correct something, and found no information searching the net/forum