What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Homemade cross! (AzerbaijanixBluestreak

swedeinoz

Here are some humble pix of a single Blazer female. It's a homemade cross, the parents were BlueStreak and Azerbaijani. I think they are at generation F4 by now, but I don't take notes so take that with a grain of salt. All 100% autoflowering, no hermies ever sighted. I intended calling the strain "Short Cauc", but that would have been a tad demascinulative (is that even a word??!!) so i renamed it "Blazer" (BLuestreak x AZERbaijani)

As to questions about the making of this cross, there are a few photos and a little background information in my previous threads/photogallery. I might give more detail if asked, but that would have to be from the top of my head with no scientific research behind it!

I had a one gallon (roughly 4 litres) pot in which I sewed three seeds on July 1. The result was two males and one female, which you see here. The seeds were planted on July 1, the sprouts appeared on July 4. The first pictures were taken on August 6, making the plant 33 days old from peeking above the soil. The second set of photos were taken 13 days later, making it day 46. The lady spends her days on an eastern facing balcony from about 7 am - 9pm, then under a "massive" 38W fluoro workligt. 24 hours of decent (when the sun is shining in to my balcony) to bad (rainy days and 38W fluoro) quality light.

This breed is showing good promise, the starring girl looks better than any of her ancestors. Early observations are that she likes a lot of rootspace and dark nutritious soil. She smells like tropical fruit with a good hint of hash and the slightest whiff of skunk. :) In the future this girl (or brother/sister) will be breeding with a Fruitsalad from SGS, when they release those seeds. The cross would be called "Blazefruit", what a great name :cathug:

Enough info, on to the pics :artist:

Edit, photos to follow will probably have to upload them first (soon)

swedeinoz:dance013:

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Nice project :yes:
Are you aware of the genetics behind Azerbaijani? It's a landrace? Some ruderalis in it?

Peace

=K

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
THERE she is again! Hey thanks for keeping up with this project, I remember her before, but i thought it was on another forum. Thanks for choosing the FruitSalad as your future parent, they will be out in about 3 months. I wish you had more space to grow out more of each generation, would help you with the selection process and find even better phenos in the population you have. Even a 2 x 2 space with a 150 HPS would really be excellent to see.

Blazer looks really good for AF-SOG applications with limited branching and size. Keep up the good work bro!

SGS

swedeinoz

Thank you for the kind words Krull, Jay and SGS! The Azerbaijani is as far as I know a landrace, the seeds were collected/given to a friend of mine by a "guerilla farmer" on spot in Azerbaijan. The grower did not have a whole lot of info, other than that they had been growing that strain for a long time in the mountains, but who knows where they originated from? Fruity/hashy indica probably related/similar to Afghani/Uzbeki genetics.

SGS, looking forward to your release and I will order some seeds for sure. I'm not too fuzzy about finding an "elite" parent or anything, I'm sure in a 12-pack there will be specimens that are well worthy to do the nasty with my Blazer :) The creation of Blazer was from the get go a totally amateur approach with a very small selection. But I find the result sursprisingly good. Will try to post weekly updates, I'm estimating about three more weeks before chopchop :)

swedeinoz

Update

Update

Here's a little update. She is around day 56 here, the weather has been absolute shit, hardly any sunshine. So mostly cloudy days on the balcony and nights under 38W fluoro. I'd say about ten or so days left, maybe a bit more.

Doing very well now, swelling up and frosting up nicely. She's just starting to get something I call "frostcurl", a phenomenon where some of the smaller leaves curl and become all crusty/frosted from the resin. Seen it on some White widows and elite strains, never in person though. Can barely hint it in the macro photos, by harvest it should be more visible. Tadaaa, on to the pics :dancer:

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
i so want to see what she could do under a 600watt HPS!

thanks for the new pics

SGS

swedeinoz

Thank you for the positive vibes Hierba and SGS! Would love to see what it can do under better conditions as well. Looks like she has potential :tiphat:

swedeinoz

The end, sticky pictures

The end, sticky pictures

Final result. First couple of pics are macros from Sep 4 in natural sunligt, the rest of the pics starting with a sexy sideprofile are just before the chop as of today (Sep 9). It's been roughly 67 days in all. The trimming took a while, it was extremely messy, sticky and smelly. Right after trimming, I put my left index finger on to the bottle of dishwashing liquid (weighing half a pound/250 grams) and managed to lift it off the ground by just pressing the finger down and raising it, the resin act like superglue :puppydoge
Kept a lot of leaf on because the leaves are covered in resin. Going to take a break from growing now until I order som Fruitsalad from SGS (barring any unfortunate events). On a side note, I had to cut off a small amount of budrot/mold from the top of the plant. I guess the Azer genetics like it dry, not humid (it's been a bit humid on my balcony during the rainy weather). I think this particular plant has more Azer than BlueStreak in it. Not a hint of purple (I have some old pics in the album showing the bluestreak influence of the Blazer with purpleish stems) and this is by far one of the best ones so far. Under a 400W HPS (or maybe even a 150) this plant would probably have been a monster. Final pics, tiiiiiimber :tree:

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Thanks for the update! And honored about the FruitSalad becoming part of your breeding program. Fruit Salad will be released in 3 months, you have enough time to get another crop in for sure and then you can do the FS.

Really want to see what Blazer can do under a real indoor setup. Maybe you can do that soon.

SGS

swedeinoz

Long time no see, funny how it has been almost exactly two years... Currently working on blazer x pink salad. The azeri streak pops up once in a while in the blazer, but it's too strong and stinky for me. Late start with the coming beans, moved two times and busy with life. Had a few blazers sprouting after nealy 2 years in terrible storage. Strong and healthy little things...., the male I chose had fat leaves and huge balls... The PFS are quite uniform and purple up after a few weeks of flowering. I have three preggies from the blazer stud. Next cross is coming up in about two months, I've upgraded to a "massive" 50 W LED. Looking really good though, hybrid vigour an' all. In two months, I'll start a new thread with the "first" F2's after a long time of selecting proper parents (from the Blazer mostly) from a scrawny selection. Should still be interesting coming from a hack like me :)

Latest posts

Latest posts