What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trade wars here we come

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Euro is coming unglued, among other things. Rajoy in Spain went down today. Italy is in shambles, and its banking system is non functioning. I hope Beppo Grillo ends up running Italy.

There is a lot of pressure on Europe to go along in lockstep on the whole Russia thing and most of Europe is tied to the US through NATO. But Europe's natural trade partners are to the east. These totally stupid sanctions are forcing Europe to make hard choices which pit them against the US, mostly for the first time in the post WW2 era.

If China survives the next financial panic and credit freeze their plan of the New Silk Road, One Belt One Road initiative will outflank our navies and with China getting Russian energy and India using their ports and all of Europa could be sewn up in to one huge interconnected trading system. China has been investing massive in Africa too. Who knew? If you don't bomb and drone people, and bury them in unpayable debt, you can both come out ahead.

Right now we are "investing" in Africa by having the Sauds bomb Yemen, probably the poorest country in Africa, and starve and spread cholera by destroying the few water plants they have and blow hospitals and schools, killing hundreds of thousands, all using our war goods. That's our investment in Africa. But Europe is just as bad of course. Libya was a Euro hit.

I think it's Entropy. The amount of energy it takes to keep the whole moldering bag of bullshit going is becoming too much to overcome and the leaks are springing and the pipes are steaming and the gears are grinding and its all just too much anymore.

My fear is that they have us so divided that we blame each other instead of them when we are severely tested.

Ho ho we got us a thinker.

You have the very best opinion, my own.

HAH

Italy was long foreseeable but I was not paying as much attention to Spain after the whimper down of the trouble in Catalonia.

iTarzan

You can't keep hatred for the children and grandchildren of a country that was basically brainwashed by a psychopath.

LOL! Coming from Rubber Chicken who hates Trump and his entire family, including his children.

that's right, be a place where the hate never dies
kind of like the middle east, it's worked wonderfully there

This is coming from somebody who hates his fellow americans who voted Trump in office. Let us not trust and hate Russia who never attacked us because they helped Trump. By all means hate your fellow citizens but lets forget about Germany and Japan.

I do have to say right up front, the imperial usage of the term 'we' seems odd to me.

It was and I stand corrected.

Thank you for your ridiculous answer.

View Image

Stop talking about another country like you know what is best for it. You don't.

Fact of the matter is Germany has a very niche economy that is not going to swing one way or another based on what the USA does.

igrowone

Veteran

This is coming from somebody who hates his fellow americans who voted Trump in office. Let us not trust and hate Russia who never attacked us because they helped Trump. By all means hate your fellow citizens but lets forget about Germany and Japan.

i don't hate my fellow americans or you
i am very disappointed in some of my fellow american's judgement with respect to trump
forgetting about germany's old choices is also not something i said
as a matter of fact, i hope some here will read more about the german choices in the 1930's
that was the tone voice used then, if you don't agree then you're the enemy

ronbo51

Veteran
The entire Russia drama is a construct. Powerful interests want Russia isolated and cut off, making them vulnerable to fuckery. Ultimately Russia would be cut up and distributed to insiders and gangsters who are powerful enough to muscle in on a weak government. They did that with Yeltsin but Putin intervened and it still pisses the big boys and they can't let it go. What Russia did in Syria stopping John McCains Isis army from overthrowing Assad was the last straw. A lot of promises were made by lots of insiders to connect Europe through Syria with the Arab gas lines. Qatar alone spent billions, quite a bit of it to buy all those Toyota trucks and white Nikes everyone saw when Isis rode over the sand dune into town. Now the Sauds are faced with no market for their gas and the oil fields are slowing down and China is the worlds largest consumer of energy and Russia, and soon if not already, Iran will be selling to China, not using dollars, but yuan, convertable to gold, which China has a shitton of

Petrodollar. World Currency. Unfucking countable trillions of credit looking for a place to land. Every penny of it earning interest for someone. Lotta people getting fat without working. Is it worth fighting over? Not by me. But its not my call

R

Rubber Chicken

LOL! Coming from Rubber Chicken who hates Trump and his entire family, including his children.

There is a slight difference... Would i forgive the people who voted for Trump and their children and grandchildren- of course.

But yes, i do think Trump and to a lesser extent his children are despicable, some of them at least.

People are almost.... almost universally redeemable.

Last edited:

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
Hi friends, this thread was just a manipulation. I started the thread only to see what´s gonna be written. Thank you and specially danke to iTarzan :tiphat:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi friends, this thread was just a manipulation. I started the thread only to see what´s gonna be written. Thank you and specially danke to iTarzan :tiphat:

you revealed too soon bro, shoulda strung 'em along a bit more, they have the spare time, they're deserving enough.......

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
what people forget is that we humans all have the capability to act like the nazis did. all it takes is for a the masses to believe they are expressing righteous retribution on the deserving victim and they will sink to incredible low levels. specially if they feel they have the government and or the majority with them, if you then add a culture of; you are either with us or you are the enemy and things get bad very quickly. most people will hang back and just passively go along with evil, but there is always some that push the crowd on and initiate the worst violence. using the situation to punish and steal from the declared "problem people". anyone that steps out and tries to stop the crowd becomes the new enemy. so truely it's a mistake to think what happened in Germany is unique to Germany, it's not. the circumstances just happened to be right for it and that can happen anywhere if we don't remember the lessons of history and actively fight against the baser instincts of extreme tribalism.

igrowone

Veteran
^^^ there you go, a sublime description
nazi-ism wasn't new, just got a new name that stuck
the mode of thought has probably been with humans as long as we've been humans
us versus them, which was the way the world was organized, if you didn't kick the neighboring tribe's arse they'd kick yours(usually)
fast forward several thousand years of civilization and weapons that can sterilize the earth's surface
the old ways aren't as useful as they use to be

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
you revealed too soon bro, shoulda strung 'em along a bit more, they have the spare time, they're deserving enough.......

Oh no, better not. I don´t like this kind of threads no more. For two reasons, they are senseless and making only bad blood and second, it´s to frustrating with my bad english. To talk with my Sitting Bull english about themes of the 21st century is not so easy. ;-)

T

Teddybrae

Well, no need to listen to me ... but I thought your choice of a topic like this would end

badly!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Well, no need to listen to me ... but I thought your choice of a topic like this would end

badly!

most honest discussions do. but...they are SO informative about the folks in the discussion. you learn far more by listening than you do talking...:biggrin:

T

Teddybrae

most honest discussions do. but...they are SO informative about the folks in the discussion. you learn far more by listening than you do talking...:biggrin:

beautiful choral sounds to you Sir!

yes, Listening is a fine art. It is natural for us to hear the peculiarities of an argument if we are internally silent while we listen.

Peaceful Silences to All!

R

Rubber Chicken

The saying 'Empty vessels make the most noise' rings true almost every time.

Donald Trump- #1 case in point.... but still so many people think he is refreshingly honest.... ugh

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
As a Brit, I have to say, bring it on. The motor industry is one of Britain's biggest employers, and we are leaving the E.U. They are playing hard ball with us as far as our exports post brexit. Trump has guaranteed us a trade deal post brexit. This all adds up to a good future for us. You see as euro cars become more expensive to buy in the states, UK cars will become relatively cheaper. This will be good news for British manufacturers, losing one market and getting another twice the size.
Only one thing puzzles me about it. Why is that dumb old woman Prime Minister May, talking shit about him for giving our country such an amazing opportunity?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
If you don't like this sort of thread Herman, then why make it in the first place?

You said to me a couple of weeks ago that you didn't like posting in the DEN, so I find it remarkably odd that you still do.

Oh no, better not. I don´t like this kind of threads no more. For two reasons, they are senseless and making only bad blood and second, it´s to frustrating with my bad english. To talk with my Sitting Bull english about themes of the 21st century is not so easy. ;-)