What's new

Mid November and plant is still growing

dubsgal

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I got my plants in the ground end of May and all are harvested - EXCEPT for one (in CA). It is still growing strong. Experienced some strong rains which I made sure to shake off water to avoid bud rot, but I don't see any tri's on the plant yet. The buds are definitely getting thick and heavy, but no resin. I have never had one take this long and am wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this situation. Am I wasting my time here or should I stay the course? Ice feminized seed.

St. Phatty

As long as it is growing (increasing in size, throwing out new pistils), without any mold ... why harvest ?

I guess it depends a little on security. If there's a chance of a grow-rip, I'd harvest sooner.

Littleleaf

Veteran
Some plants don't produce large amount of trics. I would go by the smell. If it starts reeking stronger than normal. Pick it.

Have you pulled some test buds yet? If so, how was it?

good luck

dubsgal

Thanks for the input. Haven't pulled any test buds, and it's in a very secure spot. I have put a 'tent' around it and threw 2 lights in - front and back - now that we turned the clock back an hour. Am making sure it only gets 12 hours of light. The 'tent' seems to be helping because it keeps a lot of the heat in. Buds are thick and firm, just no tris that I can see. Can't say I notice any smell to it at all. Is it possible that it could grow large buds that are basically worthless? This plant's been in the ground since mid May - and all of his buddies have long been harvested and are gone. Totally bizarre. But I'll take the advice given and keep going. Thanks to everyone.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Yep, take a test bud, only way to know what to expect out of that one. I've had plants similar to yours, some turned out to be good smoke, some not so much.

bigherb

Veteran
Do you know what you are growing?

If you know the genetics, that should give an idea of the possibility of long flowering phenos

The no trich this late in season is not a good sign , but if its not a problem let her finish maturing

1luvbigherb