What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

native american strains = american landrace weed?

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I see nothing in here saying Cannabis is indigenous to America...the fact that the "Marijuana" word might have some roots in aztec language ain't no evidence of pre-colombus presence...think about it for a minute, it's very probable the autochtonous people named weed this way after the arrival of the Spanish, as they could have been taught the use of cannabis by themselves before/during their extermination...

burningfire

Veteran
Eat your heart out over this one: The Mayans traded with Egyptians.

again, show some evidence.
I think you need to lay off the pipe , you've lost touch with reality.
You need to be corralled.

I remember your post in the $1.29 Chinese hemp thread, making the argument that the seeds could have been Bag Seed confiscated by the Chinese police
You ignore me, I'll ignore you, nothing lost.

Last edited:

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could explain the pyramids in both locations and their love for gold. :tiphat:
Timeline doesn't match...how many thousand years beetwen those civilizations? The best explanation for such similarity is the human CNS, aka brain, we all share the same,and in the end we all think following the same path, no matter our differences...

troutman

Seed Whore
Timeline doesn't match...how many thousand years beetwen those civilizations? The best explanation for such similarity is the human CNS, aka brain, we all share the same,and in the end we all think following the same path, no matter our differences...

Did you build a pyramid? :biggrin:

burningfire

Veteran

Their ancestors built dirt hills, much like the egyptian ancestors, that doesn't mean there's any connection.

Look at something like a Ant hill, that's just the easiest way to build something up.. later they added stones and built up the pyramids because it's easier to push stones up a ramp than to hoist them up without a crane.

xet

And He says the timelines do not match? Where do these people get their information?

A very juvenile point-of-view indeed.

In either case they are on my block list. The whole, "oh yeah that's not right either hah!!!" over and over again. It's like an attack of mosquitoes. In either case the timeline statement is totally inaccurate hubris claiming some type of pseudo moral victory. What is the word for that type .... unagreeable, normalcy bias, or just school-yard bullies.

:deadhorse

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
again, show some evidence.
I think you need to lay off the pipe , you've lost touch with reality.
You need to be corralled.

I remember your post in the $1.29 Chinese hemp thread, making the argument that the seeds could have been Bag Seed confiscated by the Chinese police
You ignore me, I'll ignore you, nothing lost.

Ever seen the documentary from Thor Heyerdahl?

[YOUTUBEIF]29waAjmbO2w[/YOUTUBEIF]

burningfire

Veteran
Ever seen the documentary from Thor Heyerdahl?

[youtubeif]29waAjmbO2w[/youtubeif]

yes, I have posted this video in another thread.

while the voyage was feasible, there is no archeological evidence in the americas of pre-columbus cannabis use.

there's plenty of archeological evidence in asia though.

What bothers me the most about people like Xet and those with very fertile and unfocused imaginations is they are ready to believe anything they read as long as it isn't supported by academics in the field. I remember some random guy with a website claiming that Maize/Corn was present in egypt long before the discovery of america by columbus, his argument was that there were illustrations of corn in egyptian murals.. by a huge stretch of the imagination he imagined that it was native to the region.. but a little research would actually show that the plant in the mural were Egyptian wheat.. while the structure was similar to corn next to egyptian wheat you wouldn't still support the argument the guy was trying to make.

but hey, if try and keep the discussion based in reality then I must be a hater.

W

Water-

Their ancestors built dirt hills, much like the egyptian ancestors, that doesn't mean there's any connection.

Look at something like a Ant hill, that's just the easiest way to build something up.. later they added stones and built up the pyramids because it's easier to push stones up a ramp than to hoist them up without a crane.

there are a number of coincidences that are hard to explain.

for instance, the Indian Kali Yuga age started 3104bc.

while the Mayan calendar long count starts at 3114 bc.

In Caral, Peru, construction started on pyramids around 2600bc.
and they mummified their dead.

exact same time Egypt was at the hight of its Pyramid age.

burningfire

Veteran
there are a number of coincidences that are hard to explain.

for instance, the Indian Kali Yuga age started 3104bc.

while the Mayan calendar long count starts at 3114 bc.

In Caral, Peru, construction started on pyramids around 2600bc.
and they mummified their dead.

exact same time Egypt was at the hight of its Pyramid age.

The egyptians are not the only ones who mummified their dead.. and I believe calendars are based on the stars, we all share the sky so I'm not surprised two astronomers who have never talked to each other have come to the same conclusion.

W

Water-

we are not talking about two astronomers

it is two whole civilizations that shared many material similarities deciding to start counting time around the same date on different continents that supposedly had no contact with each other.

it is extremely unlikely to the point of absurdity

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
cannabis is a plant that easily and quickly adapts to the habitat,I think that feral cannabis can be considered a landrace,even if it comes from hemp, after all even part of the Colombian landrace comes from Asian and Lebanese plants....

ctg

Veteran
How bout birds eating seed and migrating and pooping them out along the way. Then the next year or year after more birds eat the seed and migrate, pooping the seed out in other places. This has gone on since birds populated the planet. Man always believes he is the cause of this and that because of his desire to take credit for things he didn’t necc do!

None of us were there, everyday is an opportunity to learn more about this planet, new discoveries are made all the time.

troutman

Seed Whore
How bout birds eating seed and migrating and pooping them out along the way. Then the next year or year after more birds eat the seed and migrate, pooping the seed out in other places. This has gone on since birds populated the planet.

Birds have enzymes to digest seeds.

Otherwise chickens and pigeons would have planted fields of corn by now. :biggrin:

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Birds have enzymes to digest seeds.

Otherwise chickens and pigeons would have planted fields of corn by now. :biggrin:

Gave the wild birds a few winters ago hempseed as extra feed.
Look what came up the next spring.:D

picture.php