What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20220823_090816046.jpg
IMG_20220823_152105074.jpg
IMG_20220823_155417684_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220823_153652052.jpg
IMG_20220823_153900752_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220823_174510486.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...lots of fun today...we have to unload that trailer full of lights...should be fun!...at least they aren't put together as they weigh a metric shit-ton...most of the "gear" is in house now...good thing there's a massive warehouse area on the property...and that we have a crew to do most of the construction work rather than waiting on contractors...should have the final permits soon,electrical plans are about done...still going to be december before lights on...

Akss

That's a few lights ya got there lol what are they or is it hush hush.. that top nug look like it got some purple coming in is that a auto ? I guess that evil sun out there can grow some weed...

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Had a scary weekend. Went to work Thursday morning and by 10 am I was on my way to the hart hospital to get a stent.
Started out the day feeling like I had Hart burn but it slowly got worse over the next 2 hours to the point I couldn't catch my breath and was sweating like a mother fucker. Finally called my boss around 9 and told him I was in trouble. Luckily he was on his way to where I was and only a few minutes away. Only took 20 minutes to make the hour drive to the closest hospital. By the time we got there I was in full blown Hart attack mode. They pumped me full of drugs to keep me stable for the 45 minute drive to the hart hospital. By 2pm I had a new part in my heart and a new lease on life.
I had 100% blockage in 1 of the main arteries in my heart.
I'm not over weight and am in fairly good health I thought.
Turned 58 on the 15th and damn near died on the 19th.
Just wanted to touch base with you guys because you are my homies and I hope none of you have to experience what I did.
We are all getting up there in age so please have yourselves checked out.
Lucky outcome for you and good advice.
We're the same age. A couple of years ago I had a blood test and had very high cholesterol. My doc wanted me on statins which I refused. Instead opted for diet changes and increased exercise.
I also had a test called a calcium score which I can recommend to anyone our age. It "uses computerized tomography (CT) to detect calcium deposits in the coronary arteries of your heart". Anyway, I scored relatively low so all good, but I urge others to get this test. A friend who was skinny and fit looking, with a great diet, avoided a heat attack by getting this done.

Best of luck.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...ugh...pretty beat up from yesterday,feeling more like going back to bed than getting on a bike and riding 20+ miles...just two more days then the overly busy weekend...at least i get to sleep in...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It has to be flat terrain…The wind could be a bitch
it's uphill both ways and the wind is always a headwind!
yesterday sucked...windy on the way to work,then hopped off the bike and immediately started unloading the truck for a solid fast paced 1 1/2 hours...so started the day with 3 hours of hard exercise...by the time we got to the last couple of rows the boxes were getting heavier and heavier...luckily there wasn't a ton of work to do in the garden...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Its fun watching Unc's journey from home grower - to industry consultant and hands on factory grower - you can almost feel those many miles on the bike too - the energy and the physical labour/work to get things done -
Grow On - Uncle!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...i'm just part of the team,couldn't do it without the rest of the crew,which is a big part of why we will be successful...plus having real money behind the whole thing...the wall around the facility is starting to go up,gonna be like a castle...they just installed the fiber optic line for the internet,the lights,ro system,and ac/dehuey units are all here,and i think the final electrical plan is pretty much done so everything is coming together...in the garden everything is finally on the drip lines and almost all of the autos are done and the remaining plants are much healthier and not infested with thrips...and finally cooling off...i should take some pics of one of the empty building nothing has been done with to show how far things have come from an abandon egg factory...
but in the meantime,it's friday!! means i get to sleep in tomorrow!:whee:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...ah,weekends,they're made for michelob...provided it's sleeping in for 10 hours...the usual for the weekend,running errands,groceries,and laundry...and not waking up at 5am...two waves of harvest at work next week...once this batch is down nothing but the big healthy plants left so getting the fogger out to blast them with bug spray...except the heavily budded plants of course,they will get hit with some new overpriced stuff we got in which i believe is peroxide based...everything is coming together at the farm...sure gonna be glad to not be in the outdoor bay anymore...until next year...
should have the last of the parts for the new bike build in a couple of weeks...getting close now...