What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are all OGs spindly viney and prone to mold?

LostTribe

Premium user
Wondering if there are any OGs out there that grow more like a sour or chem and still have that nose and taste.

What qualifies a true OG?

Are there any crosses that make more stable genetics and better production? Spindly, viney, sparse, moldy.....

Is there a specific feeding regimen that you should use to help tame the OG?

A Real OG Kusherman ought to know the answers to that question. Use the search function....

YetiOG

Wondering if there are any OGs out there that grow more like a sour or chem and still have that nose and taste.

What qualifies a true OG?

Are there any crosses that make more stable genetics and better production? Spindly, viney, sparse, moldy.....

Is there a specific feeding regimen that you should use to help tame the OG?

Loompas yeti is super mold resistand. Outdoor/indoor og I grow inside and love it.

Bodhis goji og is a good indoor/outdoor

I've seen dope ass fire og grows outdoors... didn't look viney or get mold. OGs seem to do decent outside.

I grow them inside, but my area is dry. I've had some PM issues but thanks to a systemic called nova its never been back since use... but the strain of pm I had REALLY loved ogs, chems, sours and all glue crosses. Cookies seemed to resist it though... anyway haven't seen that nasty shit in a while

Rondon

View Image

Real OG produce thick leaves, you walk into a grow room during mid bloom and just by the leaves and the way they frost you will know its og. Very indica leaning like the other guy said lanky nodes, short, golfball sized buds swirling up the big main stalk.

The og Kush however is a different beast and ranks up there in potency. It has a earthy smell but with swamp funk added.

The OG is great against mold. Ofcourse it is no sativa so you can let it flop in the jungle 24/7. Indicas grow best in the high desert. If i was in Hawaii and didnt have good sativa genes i would only grow og and stop the rain from soaking it 24/7.[/QUOTEare
So now out there you all are separating OG from Og Kush?? God iam confused. Smh. For the longest time I thought there were just a handful of "real " OG Kush. Tahoe...Larry...Ghost...and SFV being one of if not the original (if there ever was such a thing). Now you all out there are saying OG and OG Kush are diffierent. Cmon man!!!!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Og og kush is one in the same there was a guy here the real og who put out tons of shit info as fact... But u got it sfv ghost Tahoe are all legit og kush/ og etc etc,,, its the term kush that is used for bubba more indica types pk, master etc ...

I agree with stoney and rondon, OG and OG Kush is like sour vs sour diesel. Yes there are different cuts but OG is just short for OG Kush. I would agree on sfv, tahoe and a few other seem like the oldest most legit cuts to me. I am smoking on some "true OG" right now and its pretty solid. Seems legit to me got that stench and tast that lasts till the roach, but it doesn't stretch as much as the orginal tahoe OG cut I grew 10 + years ago. It's funny because I've seen another tahoe cut going around in the last few years and it pretty short and stalky. Not reminiscent to the tahoe I had.

Also I agree with Star Crash that a real deal headband cut is some fire. Up there with OG in the taste and a better yielder. I had a "day wreacker" headband cut I got from the same source as the tahoe OG and I'm still pissed I let it go. So fire never seen or grown headband like it.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I would add in Gogi OG by Bodhi seeds (Nepali OG X Snow Lotus). The F1 are a little lanky but the stems are stout enough to not need staking and it stinks good. I am making some F2 seeds this short winter growing season indoors. I will grow out F2 and go treasure hunting for Phenos.

billb

Veteran
Og og kush is one in the same there was a guy here the real og who put out tons of shit info as fact... But u got it sfv ghost Tahoe are all legit og kush/ og etc etc,,, its the term kush that is used for bubba more indica types pk, master etc ...
Out of those you named which is the best. Best being strongest? I know you know! Lol

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Personal preference n opinion from my experience is I like the taste of sfv with its hint lemon pinesol subtleties taste wise, the josh ghost original seems to fuck me up quicker more in the head n heavier this run but wendullC said it best there's no real difference in potency if one is stronger then another it by a negligible amount n could easily vary run by run.

YukonKronic

Heard the leaf thing referred to a bunch but not explained... what exactly is the deal with the theee finger leaves? All it makes? Never makes them? What?

Heard the leaf thing referred to a bunch but not explained... what exactly is the deal with the theee finger leaves? All it makes? Never makes them? What?[/QUOTE

From my own personal experience with this, it begins with a plants initial blade count averaging. An example, some of my 7 fingered kush become 5 when clones rarely if ever showing that seven fingered leaf ever again. Then there's the five bladed ones that often become 3 fingered once cloned, and this is not just observed in the OG and other Kush types and hybrids. Its more common than most people know.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Heard the leaf thing referred to a bunch but not explained... what exactly is the deal with the theee finger leaves? All it makes? Never makes them? What?[/QUOTE

From my own personal experience with this, it begins with a plants initial blade count averaging. An example, some of my 7 fingered kush become 5 when clones rarely if ever showing that seven fingered leaf ever again. Then there's the five bladed ones that often become 3 fingered once cloned, and this is not just observed in the OG and other Kush types and hybrids. Its more common than most people know.

ive noticed this with a couple of dna's kushes from 5 to 3 in clone weird. wonder why to

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I thought they all had lower finger counts when young/small. If I grow my plants (not ogs or kushes) single cola, they get up to 13 fingers a leaf, but when topped a few times, the count drops to 7 or even 5. As young clones they only grow 3 fingers. I always therefore assumed finger counts were a function of plant size and style.

Wendull C.

Veteran
It is rare to see a leaf with more than 5 fingers. Sometimes 7, never more on a real og kush. 3 fingers means your og isn't healthy enough.

JetLife175

Veteran
It is rare to see a leaf with more than 5 fingers. Sometimes 7, never more on a real og kush. 3 fingers means your og isn't healthy enough.

Bruh I been trying to tell people this for years. I’ve only gotten 7 out of her, usually 5s and you’ll the the 3 leafers popping out from the buds. It took me years to figure this out. Every OG cut I got before meeting Josh was 3 leafers when I would always get them and over a couple months they would start popping the 5s and 7s. When I got it from josh the cuts were rocking 5s already and I had never seen that. Dude has the cut fucking dialed more than anyone I know.

YukonKronic

Kewl thanks for the answers guys. Kinda neat actually my Bubba Kush Katsu x Pakistan Chitral Kush does same thing..
Hmm so does the Purps...

Latest posts

Latest posts