What's new

New Chinese Bug

O

OGShaman

They just discovered this thing for the first time in this province, and I thought dealing with fungus gnats was bad.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/22/world/asia/giant-insect-china/

picture.php

MJBadger

Veteran
Don`t worry , it will soon be eaten out of existence by the chinese . Lovely looking insect .

lifehack

You can find these in america.. maybe china has oxygen genorators to make the chickens and bugs bigger with less effort.

O

OGShaman

Yeah I left out a key sentence there. They just discovered for the first time in this province, meaning that the water quality is improving, or was getting worse elsewhere. My bad.

marrdogg

Veteran
Shit just imagine getting hit with one of those stingers. Looks like it'll pump a shit load of toxins. How in the fuck would you get it off you?

Sisu

Veteran
Jesus, 21 cm wing span, shades of Meganisoptera. :biggrin: Can you imagine the larvae of that thing? I'm thinking 10 - 12 inches.

I'm not sure but another article I found led me to believe it's a newly described species. Found in high elevation cool water streams. With it's size it's hard to imagine it's undescribed though. Have to imagine it's a delicacy of some kind.