What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what do u charge to run bho for some1

B

BredForMeds

I have a friend who has a trashbag full of trim.. and he wants it turned into bho. I was wondering.. what do u charge to make bho.. and do u make them pay for the butane.. or do u just take that out of the yield?

whats a good price to do this work for.. remember.. its going to prolly be a 2 day run of a good 4-6 cases of tane.

UNREGISTRD

theres a few ways people do this...

You can take a flat rate up front..

You can take a percentage..

You can tell them to pay you retail for your percentage...

J

jackgastche

theres a few ways people do this...

You can take a flat rate up front..

You can take a percentage..

You can tell them to pay you retail for your percentage...

You could do it for free since its a friend?

I'd always throw my boy an 8th of wax, usually I'd get less than an ounce. Figured it'd cover gas price, rent of space (lower risk blowin my house up than his apt), etc... I'd use less than a case if that.

Classic Seeds

Veteran
why ask anyone ,if you know what your doing you know what it will cost in butane to run the weight but not what it will yield. just don't blow your house up or your friends apartment this stuff is best made outside if you want to be safe the smallest spark or a pilot light or some one walking by smoking a cigarette while your venting from a house will make you wonder why you ever did it indoors aloha cls

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a friend who has a trashbag full of trim.. and he wants it turned into bho. I was wondering.. what do u charge to make bho.. and do u make them pay for the butane.. or do u just take that out of the yield?

whats a good price to do this work for.. remember.. its going to prolly be a 2 day run of a good 4-6 cases of tane.

I've extracted for 50% of the oil to be donated to our pro bono cancer program, but you have to know your grower, because 50% of crap is still crap.

One local closed circuit source charges $100 an hour, because it takes the same amount of time to extract crap as it does prime bud. They charge $50/hr for alchemy and formulation afterwards, so total cost depends on what you want to end up with.

Your cost per gram of course, depends on the quality of "whut ya brung." The higher the yield, the lower the cost per gram.

At $100/hr, if you run 3.5 pounds of prime loosely broken bud in a Mk V, and yield 20% after a two hour run, your yield per hour is about 158 grams per hour, so the cost per gram is $.63 per gram.

A Mk IIIA could do it in eleven one hour runs of 150 grams each, and the cost would be about $3.47 per gram.

If you aren't running a recycle system, you also have the cost of the butane, but the cycle time is shorter, so do your own math.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I'd always throw my boy an 8th of wax, usually I'd get less than an ounce. Figured it'd cover gas price, rent of space (lower risk blowin my house up than his apt), etc... I'd use less than a case if that.

Don't ever run in a house or apartment....

hamstring

Veteran
I've extracted for 50% of the oil to be donated to our pro bono cancer program, but you have to know your grower, because 50% of crap is still crap.

One local closed circuit source charges $100 an hour, because it takes the same amount of time to extract crap as it does prime bud. They charge $50/hr for alchemy and formulation afterwards, so total cost depends on what you want to end up with.

Your cost per gram of course, depends on the quality of "whut ya brung." The higher the yield, the lower the cost per gram.

At $100/hr, if you run 3.5 pounds of prime loosely broken bud in a Mk V, and yield 20% after a two hour run, your yield per hour is about 158 grams per hour, so the cost per gram is $.63 per gram.

A Mk IIIA could do it in eleven one hour runs of 150 grams each, and the cost would be about $3.47 per gram.

If you aren't running a recycle system, you also have the cost of the butane, but the cycle time is shorter, so do your own math.

Answers to questions I was afraid to ask. I wasnt sure it was kosher to ask some of the questions i am seeing asked lately in the concentrates forum.

Thank you GW for all the knowledge. I would have thought that most the product run in a closed loop system was trim and popcorn?

B

BredForMeds

a real friend I would help and he would give a fair and reasonable amount of the yield because of time spent and using my equipment..

but last time I helped this kid.. we spent like 10 hours making bho.. and he gave me a gram.. so I said fuck that shit. and if we agree to a certain percent. or a amount of cash.. that if we yield 6 grams or 100 .. I get that agreed upon price. im just sick of people taking advantage of me . im to nice to people and if I made everyones bho for a gram per 10 hours.. id be making like less then minimum wage.. sry but id rather flip burgers at mcdonalds then help some kid make a few grand for me to make 50-100 bucks.

gota remember.. its my equipment.. my house its being made at.. my risk of explosions .. my life at risk. and if I cant even make 1/4 of wat your going to make off my property and time.. then its not worth my time. id be working 80 hours a week. .helping friends make thousands . im allllll set.

also remember.. this is not a automated system.. this is me blowing tubes into pyrex.. unpacking ran material. to pack more new material.. to blow again and again until everything is gone. I only have 3 tubes. so it takes time to run lbs and lbs.. then the hot water purge depending on how much we run can take 30mins to 2 hours.. we like to purge at 100-110 at the first purge to attempt to save terpenes and creates a much lighter color product.. then u have the chamber and vacuum. that depending on product it can take hours. if not days.. we like a low and slow technique that's been producing a great product. but still man.. if u spend say 6 hours of actual work. and then 24 hours of sitting while its purging and shit.. I wouldn't charge him for the purging and shit. really. just the hours that I spend outside in the cold ass temps freezing my nuts off running material.. so if people are charging 100 an hour.. I would expect 600 $ at that rate.. id be fucking happy as a pig in shit. but these kids are making bank.. and then not buyin there own setup.. but they want me to do all the work for free. basicly.

B

BredForMeds

we been talking about it. but I just wanted to see wat everyone else is getting.. I just wont waste my time ever again.. for some1 to toss me a gram of oil.. and think they did me a favor.. acting like It took me 20 mins to make it............... im just pissed kuz I thought this kid was my friend.. and I told him.. u don't need to hook me up big.. but be reasonable.. and then I talked to him saying if u buy ur own equipment with the profit u make.. then I will let u decide wats fair.. .. an he took the profits. and spent them on himself. then calls me the other day asking if I wana do another run.. I was like ya.. but not for a gram.

Hash Man

I lol when guys try to play that card. Yea.... Take 2-3 days of time for a g or two.... I dont think so. I have personally experienced people get offended when i stick to the 50/50 rule, and every time i have to explain the amount of work and experience that goes into making this stuff. Time, effort, risk. Some people just dont understand.

I lol even harder when guys ask if they can use my setup...

hamstring

Veteran
I'm new to the BHO scene. I have been reading the concentrate forums and wondering what the business model looks like? Are you guys all processing trim and popcorn? What type of product are you guys turing out by processing trim? What's it selling for wholesale?

It doesnt seem to be profitable to process bud. If its for personal i understand that but when even mid level bud goes for $100-120 for 14g. Retail price

BHO at a 15% recovery rate 14g is 2.1g at $40-50/g is $84.00-105.

Thats why my assumption was that peeps doing this commercially were working trim and popcorn. Can someone set me straight here?

Hash Man

^for sure.

Just to clarify, i provide everything except the material... We split only the yield 50/50. These days i wont process it unless its sugar . Too many guys dropped off bags bigger then themselves full of sugar, popcorn, stem, and fan leaves that i have guidelines they have to follow if they want me to extract for them.

northstate

ICMag Donor
Yeah Hash, garbage bags leaking yellow leaves and stems are a real treat when somebody wants top shelf light yellow crumble. You do get out what you put in, directly proportionate and if somebody bitches about the split then they can go get educated, drop 5K, and start going to town or buy me out at a said price if its that important.