What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK Outdoor 2013

thepureskunk

YO

YO

Hey guy's :tiphat:

Been a while.... I did manage a little grow last year. I had a AAH plant go big on me and nearly 10oz was had.. I swear i put some pics in my gallery but they have all gone??

No plans for a grow this year tho :(

Hope you all have fun this season. I will check back now and again.

Peace and love, TPS :)

OK i found one of the pics...Sure I put a few more in my gallery. Anyway this is the plant i was talking about. It finished easily 2 or 3x this size and should have got a lot more bud if it wasn't for the crap weather we had at the end of the season... Smoke was average for seasoned tokers. For me it blew my head off as hadn't toked for over a year!! BTW the little plant in front is a AAH that was a auto.

picture.php

Last edited:

opiumo

Veteran
How is the weather guys? I thought i was gonna have a early spring in late mars but by the looks of it im not gonna have sunbeams until late april.. Meh

flashgee

need some help on good strains for my 1st gg im in nw uk,here is a list of my seeds i have so far....can anybody give info on the best of mine to try and any good hardy strains to invest in for outside growing...

arjans haze no.1-greenhouse
white rhino-greenhouse
the hog-thseeds
cheese wreck-seedism
maple leaf indica-sensi seeds
quick mist-reservoir
mango-kc brains
afghani special-kc brains
purple no.1-dutch passion
blueberry-dutch passion
williams wonder-reservoir
mazar i sharif-freebies
ducksfoot-wally duck

D

Dipper

Hi flashgee, from that list i would only try the kc brains stuff and the purple no.1 outdoors in the uk, not sure about the rest.
For some solid genetics that will do well at your latitude try Hybrids from Hell, available at seedbay, more info here www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65703

MJBadger

Veteran
can anyone recommend some good auto-flowering strains they have tried that wont mould easily?

As Harold said , autos all seem to mould up . Even if we have dry weather in August you go out in the garden 4am & you will see a very heavy dew everywhere & as you know rain is lethal .
HFH are all tried & tested , a lot of them at higher latitudes than here . Forget most of the major seedbanks as most strains tested are grown indoor under lights & they just add on a few week for outdoor flowering times .

Ermahgerd

Hey people, think i've found a good patch. Should I dig my holes this weekend and fill them with a mix of:

Westland farmyard manue
Multi-purpose compost added john innes
westland chicken manure pellets
westland FBB
Maybe a little native soil...

Does that sound right and it should be ready for early May for young plants?

thepureskunk

Autos can work well IMO but you need to plant directly into soil/raised bed AND have the plants getting early morning sun. Planting directly into soil means you get far bigger plants that yield more and are away from the ground.

A couple of years ago I did this patch and got over 16oz. Saying all this tho I would go with the strains badger mentions... Newcomers often think they can grow indoor quality outside in the UK...90% of the time you can't.

Peace

picture.php

picture.php

MJBadger

Veteran
Hey people, think i've found a good patch. Should I dig my holes this weekend and fill them with a mix of:

Westland farmyard manue
Multi-purpose compost added john innes
westland chicken manure pellets
westland FBB
Maybe a little native soil...

Does that sound right and it should be ready for early May for young plants?

Your ammendments are good but you want to think on adding some of them to the native soil not adding native soil to yours . Whats the ground like ? maybe some water crystals or shredded newspaper to , will save frequent trips to water .
Early May is ok but it all depends where you are . Wait until all danger of frost has passed . Sometimes it`s early May or can go on till the end of the month .

smokeymacpot

Veteran
thnx guys. hfh seems to be non-auto which i didnt want to do this year.

thepureskunk,what auto strain are those ?

im thinking of trying an auto ak47/48. it seems like auto versions of most strains have been made now, a few years back when i last looked it was all lowryder 2 lol.

S

spiritual uk

hope all is well in the u.k.
I will be using same plot again ,only this time i'm planning on digging two feet into the ground and buying a large plastic greenhouse to fit into place.To manage this i will have to get it done a.s.a.p ,and let the weeds and vegetation grow wild around it camoflauging it completely[apart from aerial view,but risk worth taking].Hopefully this will help me even in the wettest of seasons ,like last year.I pulled maybe 12 oz only,lost about the same amount to mould and the weed was like hemp!better than a kick in the balls though.I have a job teaching horticulture in north India,in the himalayan foothills for two months in october and november ,so i need to convince my mrs to do the cropping,while i'm in the mountains smoking charas!he who dares Rodders ,he who dares.

all the best,spiritual

namaste

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 11
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 12
B

buddymate

auto strain
Dutch Passion are about to release a greep pheno frisian dew auto,worth waiting the few weeks before they are on sale I think,i will be sticking a few out.

Pierresenberg

My 2013 UK outdoor grow strain list: (lat 51.6 wet wales)

Royal Nepal
Typhoon or Purple Typhoon < Anyone know the difference in these strains?
Purple Maroc
Frisian dew
Green pheno frisian auto (yet to be released)

And what ever freebies i get.

rocket high

Veteran
Typhoon or Purple Typhoon < Anyone know the difference in these strains?

One is green & one is purple ..yes it really is that simple lol ..they are very leafy with a very mild high some people moan about the high but she makes better hash than bud .
Easy to grow but be aware they grow quite tall ..so hide them a bit.

Latest posts

Latest posts