What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Dreams

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strain: Northern Dreams (a strain I created and am trying to make an IBL out of. It has not been distributed so if anyone says they are growing it, it is not true).

Appearance: It is dense buds. The most dense buds that I have ever come across. It has the denseness of Grand Daddy Grape Ape but with way bigger nugs (no it doesn't have Grape Ape anywhere in it). The bud color is Green Fan Leaves and Bigger Leafs on the Buds, with most of the Bud and Smaller Leafs being a more Dark Green/Brown Color. To picky people it doesn't have bag appeal. Nice crystals.

Grew a bunch of them outdoors in beds that were dug in the dirt and filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forrest, Perlite, Lime and Chicken Poop. The biggest plant gave 7lbs when all was trimmed and weighed up. Every other plants gave at least 3lbs per plant when trimmed and weighed up.

Smoked it out of a Vaporizer with a brand new unclogged whip. The smoke was dense, my lungs didn't really expand and the smoke seemed smooth.

I am not going to lie, the high scared me. I had a bad trip. I wasn't truly couch locked but stoned, and my mind was thinking too much. I thought that Marijuana was the Forbidden Fruit from the Bible and what Adam & Eve took from the Tree Of Knowledge. I started feeling like I was sinking/falling at a very fast rate and thought I was sinking into hell. I thought that everyone who smoked Marijuana was damned to hell and that only 144,000 people who have never smoked Marijuana would make it to Heaven. I tried to eat something to take the edge off of the high (raises you blood sugar back up), but it didn't work, I just had to sleep it off for a few hours in the middle of the day.

After this I though hey, No more of this Northern Dreams I created, I will stick with my Trainwreck, but I am currently working it and trying to create a IBL out of it that should be completed sometime Mid-Late 2009. I think this is something that this community would enjoy. There are just too many Beasters and weak Euro Strains floating around.

I will be working the IBL project indoors and will post the picture from steps of that project here to let everyone see what it came out like indoors. It is a long process though.

Last edited:
I'd stop smoking weed if i were you.. I know that type of high , like a heavy dose of muscle relaxant with a racy spacey head, just sit back and relax..

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
endlesssummer said:
I'd stop smoking weed if i were you.. I know that type of high , like a heavy dose of muscle relaxant with a racy spacey head, just sit back and relax..

I have found that it is just finding the Strain and high that fits you. And honestly and truthfully after smoking my Northern Dreams I really told my friends that was it! But I just found that I need to stick to Trainwreck. Trainwreck works for me. Granddaddy Purple is ok for me, but it just doesn't have that kick, it is not strong or long lasting.

I will work the Northern Dreams though for the community that is looking for this type of high and just some extra powerful weed. And it is POWERFUL.

P

Psychosativa

Hey reservationlabs, you won't hurt my feelings if you keep it secret, but what's the lineage of your Northern Dreams?

Edit: also, good luck with your project!

It's good to know there are new breding projects going on

Last edited:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Psychosativa said:
Hey reservationlabs, you won't hurt my feelings if you keep it secret, but what's the lineage of your Northern Dreams?

Edit: also, good luck with your project!

It's good to know there are new breding projects going on

It is a Northern Lights #2 crossed with something very special. I can't give out its exact pedigree because I am too far out from having it secured as an IBL and I don't want anyone copycatting its make up at this time. The genetics of the plant that it is crossed with is what gives it it's punch. The Northern Lights #2 is what I believe gave the plants their huge size.

Thank you for your best wishes on the future breeding projects going on. I will let the community know as things are tested. I hope to make Northern Dreams a Strain that a majority of the community are running outdoors this next season. I hope that it is someday as highly regarded as Rez' Sour Diesel IBL.

B

Brad

back in 2003 reeferman came out with a Northern Dream, it was a NL#5 x MTF x MTF... it was decent but lacked in plenty of areas, i crossed with a sweet tooth #3 and called it sweet dream...honestly I find northern lights and crosses of a little on the bland side if things, just me tho, if your looking for fame NL aint going to cut it, its been done to death IMO good luck tho :)

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
BreederBrad2 said:
back in 2003 reeferman came out with a Northern Dream, it was a NL#5 x MTF x MTF... it was decent but lacked in plenty of areas, i crossed with a sweet tooth #3 and called it sweet dream...honestly I find northern lights and crosses of a little on the bland side if things, just me tho, if your looking for fame NL aint going to cut it, its been done to death IMO good luck tho :)

I am glad I put the "S" on there then. I am also glad that I am working with NL #2 then also and not NL #5.
Like I said it is the genetics that I crossed it with that gives it the "POWER". Also the taste is unique. I hope that someday you get to try this project. I hope the community gets to see that this is truly something unique and new and not just some tired played out crossing.
I think that this Strain can do a lot for people who suffer from chronic pain. No one deserves to be in constant pain. And believe me, after a joint of this you won't feel a thing. :jump:

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
reservationlabs said:
And believe me, after a joint of this you won't feel a thing. :jump:

..nuttin but the devilmonkey bouncing up and down on your right shoulder, yellin: youre in heeeeell! muahaaha

Although, sounds like you have some serious projects, or at least serious genetics, hope it works out for you, would love to try Deep Chunk and others.

Momerath

Hey man, I love the sound of this project!
I do outdoor in The Triangle and would absolutely love to grow this :joint: Sounds like my kinda high too. I'm a big guy 270lbs with sciatica, so I usually need some knockout herb :muahaha:
Can you give us flowering times for the outdoor season? Cuz if this strain went on the market I'd definately give it a shot if the flowering time is reasonbale (I'm in the mountains so the cold comes a little sooner than near the coast)

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Momerath said:
Hey man, I love the sound of this project!
I do outdoor in The Triangle and would absolutely love to grow this :joint: Sounds like my kinda high too. I'm a big guy 270lbs with sciatica, so I usually need some knockout herb :muahaha:
Can you give us flowering times for the outdoor season? Cuz if this strain went on the market I'd definately give it a shot if the flowering time is reasonbale (I'm in the mountains so the cold comes a little sooner than near the coast)

I did this grow in the "TRIANGLE". So it is perfect for your area. I put them in in May and they were done in Mid October. I should have a tester of this project by April for "friends". I am going to get some Clones to the Farmers Market in ClearLake also in April.
I hope that you can get the test project in your hands (it won't be a full on IBL by that time, but pretty close) and spread your report on what you feel about the Strain. I hope it is the Medicine that you need for your Sciatica.

Momerath

That sounds awesome that your gonna start a test project and deliver clones to the market in clear lake. I know if I get the chance I will toss a couple of clones in my garden this year :jump:
And the flowering time sounds perfect too! I pulled most of my plants this year around the middle of october (some sooner, some later, etc) and everything was peachy (even tho the frost came oct 10th!!!)
So hey, if you decide you need outdoor test growers this upcoming season, sign me up! I'm always looking for interesting new strains to throw in the mix, especially ones deemed "too potent" for the civilized smoker lol :joint:

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
i would like to see some pics if thats possible just curious if it will fit in a greenhouse im planing for summer

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
JACKtheREFFER said:
i would like to see some pics if thats possible just curious if it will fit in a greenhouse im planing for summer

I will be adding ENTIRE plant pictures and bud pictures in February when I go back to my shop in Mendo and am working from there.

headimonster

hell yeah, res and momerth - im a "TRIANGLE" boy too - sounds fuckin EXCELLLENT - cant wait ---hey buddy will you be my FRIIIENND? hahaha - keep up the good work - im sick of the old timers growin commercial strains - i need knockout strains for my anxiety, depression and my hunger issue, - have fun lockin her down - your in mendo?! PM me bro - :joint: :joint: :joint:

Last edited:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
headimonster said:
hell yeah, res and momerth - im a "TRIANGLE" boy too - sounds fuckin EXCELLLENT - cant wait ---hey buddy will you be my FRIIIENND? hahaha - keep up the good work - im sick of the old timers growin commercial strains - i need knockout strains for my anxiety, depression and my hunger issue, - have fun lockin her down - your in mendo?! PM me bro - :joint: :joint: :joint:

I have some test beans going inside right now. See how these come out. This stuff is the "KNOCKOUT PUNCH" that you are looking for. You know how different herb has different effects on different people, well everyone has said that Northern Dreams has knocked them for a loop. A cousin of mine and his wifey blew some the other night and called me in the middle of the night (thanks for waking me up cousin) to say finally something that gets him "stoned" again, but that it had his wifey freaking out and she wouldn't let him go to sleep.
I am in Mendo part-time. I can't PM yet as I don't have enough post, and it will be awhile before I get to 50 because I don't post much because I only want give post that are valuable to the community. When I can PM though we will have a talk.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried to upload photos of a full plant of NORTHERN DREAMS but it didn't post. You are all welcome to look at my gallery there should be photos in there.

More in my gallery.

album.php

Last edited:

i.love.scotch

WOW nice bushes man, thanks for posting the pictures! I can see how you pulled 7lbs off one of those girls, they are beasts

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
WOW nice bushes man, thanks for posting the pictures! I can see how you pulled 7lbs off one of those girls, they are beasts

THANK YOU. Yeah it is going slower then I thought. I just have a few things to tweak before I release it, but when the project is complete I am sure many will enjoy it for years and years to come.

Right now I am vegging out a few plants of another project that I did to provide clones. It is called ARIZONA ICED TEA. It is a "rare" Arizona Skunk crossed with a Purple Afghani. ARIZONA ICED TEA should be 3lbs per plant Outdoors in the Triangle. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts