Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > LED Grow Lights > What happens if an led blows on a quantum board?

Thread Title Search
What happens if an led blows on a quantum board? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2018, 06:56 PM #1
madalasatori

madalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nice
What happens if an led blows on a quantum board?

Hi all I am based in the UK and looking to pull the trigger on some quantum boards.

Now as they aren’t available in the UK I would be buying them online from a reputable retailer in Spain.

My concern is that if one of the LED blows it means my light won’t work and I’ll be several weeks without a light until it can be replaced.

Does anyone have any feedback on such issues? Are they commonplace? Can the boards run if one of the led blows?

Any infos around such a topic will be much appreciated

Thanks
madalasatori is online now Quote

Click for more info about the Majestic 12 LED panel
Old 07-04-2018, 07:20 PM #2
DRM Ranch

DRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by madalasatori View Post
Hi all I am based in the UK and looking to pull the trigger on some quantum boards.

Now as they aren’t available in the UK I would be buying them online from a reputable retailer in Spain.

My concern is that if one of the LED blows it means my light won’t work and I’ll be several weeks without a light until it can be replaced.

Does anyone have any feedback on such issues? Are they commonplace? Can the boards run if one of the led blows?

Any infos around such a topic will be much appreciated

Thanks
I emailed them to get their response to this question, I will get back with any reply.

My email text was;

Will the entire board fail if one or more individual LEDs fail?

Thanks,
DRM Ranch is offline Quote

Old 07-04-2018, 07:39 PM #3
madalasatori

madalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nice
Thanks bud!
madalasatori is online now Quote

Old 07-04-2018, 08:39 PM #4
Cvh

Cvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud of
I'm not certain what would happen, it would depend I think.

But I just wanted to give you a tip to always have backup lighting.
Maybe get yourself a cheap 250w HPS kit as backup. It doesn't cost much and when there is an issue you don't need to leave your plants in the dark.
Cvh is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:53 PM #5
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud of
I just got some solstrips from a dude in the UK over on OG, to custom build a few rigs, but I also bought QBs from that spanish seller and like them a lot.
Lost in a SOG is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:22 AM #6
DRM Ranch

DRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really niceDRM Ranch is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvh View Post
I'm not certain what would happen, it would depend I think.

But I just wanted to give you a tip to always have backup lighting.
Maybe get yourself a cheap 250w HPS kit as backup. It doesn't cost much and when there is an issue you don't need to leave your plants in the dark.
Having backup equipment especially electronics is always a good idea.

I've not seen a QB in person so I'm not sure just how user serviceable they might be, but proper tools and skill in desoldering and soldering would be something I might try my hand at if we find out they are user serviceable.

Nothing back from them just yet...

Old 07-06-2018, 05:10 PM #7
DRM Ranch

Just got a reply from them;

Hello,
If board is running at max power then if an LED fail there are higher odds of others failing.
If board is operating at 75% then odds of other LED's failing as much less.
Usually when 1 LED fails the whole string of 1 will fail

example QB 288 has 16 strings of 18 LED
IF an LED fails then all 18 will faill
Show quoted text
--

Horticulture Lighting Group

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:06 PM #8
EcoNepenthe

EcoNepenthe will become famous soon enoughEcoNepenthe will become famous soon enoughEcoNepenthe will become famous soon enough
Kindred spirit in UK Growsausage

Greetings
Just for thought check out this grower in the UK. COB user.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXD...dOVRokA/videos.
COB's Rock!!!
Eco
Stay safe!!!
Success w/ya grow!!!

Old 07-11-2018, 11:36 PM #9
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM Ranch View Post
Just got a reply from them;

Hello,
If board is running at max power then if an LED fail there are higher odds of others failing.
If board is operating at 75% then odds of other LED's failing as much less.
Usually when 1 LED fails the whole string of 1 will fail

example QB 288 has 16 strings of 18 LED
IF an LED fails then all 18 will faill
Show quoted text
--

Horticulture Lighting Group

Then I guess you won't know which led it was that failed either if the whole string will go. Perhaps for some that'd be even more reason to go with solstrips if this was a worry because you can very easily swap that unit out for a brand new one and with solstrips you can easily swap out individual X2 strips for different spectrums. They're essentially the same just the strips are strips and the boards are really more board like lol

I bet the QBs will take a good 5-10 years minimum at full blast before anything like that will happen, and a few nasty knocks maybe.

I'm having lots of fun deciding how far apart I want my strips and what spectrums where for what Kelvin.. I've been bitten by an LED DIY Bug... sigh that and my usual seed bug addiction (more of a praying mantis mind take over) has got me penniless. haha grower problems
Lost in a SOG is offline Quote

Old 07-25-2018, 03:56 AM #10
OkieSmokie

OkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of lightOkieSmokie is a glorious beacon of light
I've got a while before I can start my grow so I'm keeping my powder dry for now. LED Tech is changing so fast that by the time im ready to fire up the grow whatever I buy today will be obsolete.
OkieSmokie is offline Quote