What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush grows out some homemade mystery seeds

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 34:

LUZvhUy.jpg

EZ44Qnr.jpg

I removed a bunch of lower branches and leaves. Everything's looking good so far.

eR3bUBM.jpg

MnKYMJa.jpg

N5yu38Q.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I found some pollen in the seed jar in the fridge, and I was curious if it's still good. So I pollinated one plant with blueberry and another with northern skunk. We'll see if anything comes of it.

YukonKronic

Kewl. I wondered where those other seedlings went...
Love the pink pistils.... decent build on them and lovely wee spit o frosting too.:dance013:

Panama in other thread is looking good too.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Those definitely have a kush/NL feel to them. Lovely little sog you have going there :)

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 42 of flowering.

It turns out these are Blueberry. Or at least, they have Blueberry in them. More than several smell like it. Also, I see a calyx mutation in one of the plants that I remember from my blueberry grow out. It's hard to explain, but it's recognizable. I'm gonna have to go back and see what I dusted with BB pollen. I really need to take better notes.

pQSw235.jpg

uY0hrua.jpg

7CIefAK.jpg

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I found some pollen in the seed jar in the fridge, and I was curious if it's still good. So I pollinated one plant with blueberry and another with northern skunk. We'll see if anything comes of it.

You'll know in about a week or two if the pollen took. Have you seen any signs from the hairs where you pollinated the buds, like the hairs changing color after they been pollinated?

It turns out these are Blueberry. Or at least, they have Blueberry in them.

Blueberry huh :good: :tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
You'll know in about a week or two if the pollen took. Have you seen any signs from the hairs where you pollinated the buds, like the hairs changing color after they been pollinated?

Yes, I think the pollen was good, because the pistils at the pollinated sites are frazzled and retracting now.

Blueberry huh :good: :tiphat:

Yeaaaah boy. They're clearly not entirely BB so they are crosses of something. Still not sure what. Still most probably a KxNL. And there's barely any vigor so it's not an F1 of anything. Very curious. Anyway, so far so good. Yield looks like it will be small though. Oh well.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Interesting twist on the leaves (first picture, bottom right). Is this just genetic, or some other issue going on here?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Interesting twist on the leaves (first picture, bottom right). Is this just genetic, or some other issue going on here?

It's genetic. I've seen it in Kush plants and Blueberry, but this is probably due to the blueberry. It's one of the most blueberry smelling plants in there.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I think I solved the mystery!

I think I solved the mystery!

I had the plants out of the tent yesterday, changing the res, and so I gave them all a good fondling to inspect their aromas... In addition to the blueberry smells that have been dominating so far, there is now a new palette of smells coming forth, and I recognize them... They're the smells of AK47! I specifically recognize the dominant smell of the AK that I had selected as a mom. It's a very sweet, candy like, almost white cake type of aroma. Translated to taste, too, if I can recall.

I went back to my AK journal, but unfortunately it's quite sparse. I didn't mention anything about pollinating with BB. But I *definitely* remember pollinating lots of interesting things with the BB pollen, so it wouldn't shock me to know I did it to the AKs. What this means is, as of now, until further notice, I will be assuming that these mystery seeds are a cross of AK47 and Blueberry.

:cool:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I've decided to put this garden on 11/13 lighting, instead of 12/12, in order to consolidate timers. I need the second timer for Christmas lights. So tonight, these girls are going to bed an hour earlier than they've been. Maybe that will make them finish faster? I would have no problem with that.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Pics from yesterday, day 55...

kdOd93Y.jpg

EjO1jMp.jpg

NnWECUr.jpg

a5bxdjx.jpg

There appear to be two phenos. The most common one, of which there are 4, is a distinctly blueberry-looking pheno, which comes in varying chunkiness, as well as varying blueberry aroma. But then there is the other pheno, of which I have 3 of them, which leans more AK-47 (presuming that's what this cross is, but I'm fairly certain at this point), has a far better calyx to leaf ratio, much more and longer pistils, larger yield, less chunky, more spear-shaped, and has the AK-47 candy/white cake smell.

This is exciting! :biggrin: