Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Is cannabis licensing corrupt already?

Thread Title Search
Is cannabis licensing corrupt already? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2014, 07:46 PM #1
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Is cannabis licensing corrupt already?

Dispensary Lawsuit in Massachusetts Alleges Favoritism

https://mmjbusinessdaily.com/lawsuit-...ts-dispensary/

A dispensary applicant in Massachusetts has filed a lawsuit alleging the state’s Public Health Department used political favoritism and not merit in awarding provisional medical marijuana licenses.

The business, 1Releaf Inc., did not win one of 20 provisional licenses for medical marijuana dispensaries.

The suit – filed in Boston on Wednesday – comes two weeks after it was revealed that former state Congressman William Delahunt’s company, called Medical Marijuana of Massachusetts, received three of the 20 licenses. Other successful business applicants – including one run by Harborside Health executive Andrew DeAngelo – allegedly misled the health commission about support from public officials on their applications.
Bob Carp, the lawyer for 1Relaf Inc., pointed out a number of discrepancies with Delahunt’s application, and said that favoritism was to blame. Delahunt’s application, for example, said the business would grow its plants hydroponically, which Carp said is illegal under Massachusetts’ provisions.

Carp also said Delahunt’s financial structure does not meet the state’s non-profit standards. Under the business plan, Delahunt would be paid $250,000 a year, and half of the operation’s revenues would then be turned over to a separate management company, which is overseen by Delahunt and his partners.

Finally, Carp pointed to Delahunt’s relationship with Public Health Commissioner Cheryl Bartlett, who previously raised political funds for Delahunt. Bartlett has said she withdrew from the agency’s medical marijuana decision-making process 10 days before the licenses were decided.

One of Delahunt’s business partners, Jonathan Herlihy, denied Delahunt’s political connections landed them the licenses.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:48 PM #2
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Political Contribution Controversy in Nevada

https://mmjbusinessdaily.com/politica...wing-in-nevada

A controversy over political contributions made by prospective cannabis entrepreneurs could be brewing in Nevada’s budding medical marijuana industry.

The Las Vegas Sun recently reported that prospective marijuana companies in Clark County donated funds to three county commissioners who are currently overseeing the licensing process.

Commissioners Chris Guinchigliani, Mary Beth Scow and Susan Brager received 14 total donations from cannabis entrepreneurs after Clark County announced early in March that it would allow medical marijuana businesses. Since March 1, the total amount donated by these companies is $56,900. Nearly 40% of the donations came from one venture, CW Nevada.

The three commissioners received an additional $45,500 during this time from 12 different law firms, according to the Sun. Law firms are not required to disclose their clients, however many firms in Southern Nevada have at least one client applying for a license.

All three commissioners justified the donations and said that the contributions would not sway them in deciding which companies will receive 18 dispensary licenses for Clark County. The hearings for those licenses are occuring this week.

Still, the donations are raising eyebrows across the marijuana industry. Cannabis entrepreneurs are still reeling from the licensing process in Massachusetts, which became embroiled in controversy after it was revealed that former state Congressman William Delahunt received three of the 20 provisional licenses.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:17 PM #3
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
is it corrupt already? probably. getting a license to print your own money is expensive, and the process is such that (like politics) if you were honest when you started, you will be morally depraved before it is over. money is attracted to itself, it all wants to pile up in the same place, it just aint possible to spread the shit around like you might think. if you gave everyone in this country fifty thousand dollars, ten years from now there would be a bunch of millionaires & a shitload of poor people. guaranteed...

Old 08-20-2014, 08:35 PM #4
shaggyballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
is it corrupt already? probably. getting a license to print your own money is expensive, and the process is such that (like politics) if you were honest when you started, you will be morally depraved before it is over. money is attracted to itself, it all wants to pile up in the same place, it just aint possible to spread the shit around like you might think. if you gave everyone in this country fifty thousand dollars, ten years from now there would be a bunch of millionaires & a shitload of poor people. guaranteed...
I agree!
But:
This states a perfect example of why legalization can go bad fast.
Is this what the people want?????
Then vote NO!!!!
Until it is what we all want!...not BIG BIZ. $$$$$$$
Is this country not run by the people anymore.....WTF
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

Last edited by shaggyballs; 08-22-2014 at 03:53 AM..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:40 PM #5
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
I agree!
But:
This states a perfect example of why legalization can go bad fast.
Is this what the people want?????
Then vote NO!!!!
Until it is what we all want!...not BIG BIZ. $$$$$$$
Is this country not run by the people anymore.....WTF
wrong. vote "yes" and keep working toward the goal. keeping it illegal & allowing people to go to jail because you don't like the way it is being done currently just means more people with ruined lives. work TOWARD a positive end result. myself, i think that fewer people getting arrested is a GOOD thing. obviously, some people disagree...

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:59 PM #6
shaggyballs

Ok, have it you way I will follow the pack.
Be right back I have to go to the cop shop to pick up my medicine???

Weird, it seems all of the strain names start with BLUE???

You right this is much better than what I had imagined!
What was I thinkin'
shag
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

Old 08-20-2014, 09:53 PM #7
armedoldhippy

if you want to buy his weed, no one here is going to try to stop you. folks vote with their wallets...

Old 08-20-2014, 10:33 PM #8
catbuds

catbuds has a spectacular aura aboutcatbuds has a spectacular aura aboutcatbuds has a spectacular aura aboutcatbuds has a spectacular aura about
Shaggy, I agree with Aoh. Legalize first, then iron out the wrinkles through amendments untill its made right. Nothing ever starts out perfect where governments involved. Its the people pushing for perfection with amendments that finally get things fixed. I think keeping people out of prison is a good place to start.
- BTW, I'm glad you two are friends. You seem to agree to disagree without coming to blows!

- P.S. Shaggy, feeling as you do about 'big biz', you must hate MONSANTO as much as I do! Those evil, greedy Mo Fo's! They're now an enity too big to wipe out! How the hell can we stop them!?!?! How the hell do we escape them!?!?! As a (retired) professional horticulturalist, I've hated them for many many years!

Last edited by catbuds; 08-20-2014 at 10:45 PM..
catbuds is offline Quote

Old 08-20-2014, 10:57 PM #9
shaggyballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbuds View Post
Shaggy, I agree with Aoh. Legalize first, then iron out the wrinkles through amendments untill its made right. Nothing ever starts out perfect where governments involved. Its the people pushing for perfection with amendments that finally get things fixed. I think keeping people out of prison is a good place to start.
- BTW, I'm glad you two are friends. You seem to agree to disagree without coming to blows!
Ya know deep down I think I agree also!

But:
I see the rug being pulled out from under so many everyday in the name of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (my new thing $$$)

I see big Biz moving in for the kill, once they take hold like walmart....you just never get it back....scares me.

Yes, I would say the hippy is a good guy, we just see thing a little bit different.
You might say I am a armed old hippy too
One thing for sure...You just gotta admire a guy that stands strong for what he believes in, as he does!

Can we have legalization without walmart and monsanto???...PLEASE
I hope we all agree on this?
Or do some still believe they are necessary to legalization.

Legalize YES!!!

No rug pullin'
No walmart/monsanto...big biz. CRAP
Give it to the people.
Let them have Farmers markets and the like.
Only my side...but it sounds better than all I have heard, the world over.

My plan is very simple!!!!
But you just won't make any money with my plan.
That is where the flaw is....NO MONEY=NO legalization!
Why?
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

Last edited by shaggyballs; 08-20-2014 at 11:37 PM..

Old 08-20-2014, 11:01 PM #10
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond repute
You do an impressive job of staying on top of this, ah ah, stuff.