What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeders who sell pollen ?

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's this website that was shared on a growers group on FB that I'm a member of.
The website is - worlds strongest strains . com (take out the spaces)
It's unique in a sense they don't sell seeds, just pollen.
I thought of using them in the future for breeding purposes but they don't ship to the States.
I tried searching for other sites like it, that may be based in the states or at least ship to the states and came up empty.
Does anybody know of other websites like this?

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Now that sounds good. Going to have a look about.

Dog Star

Veteran
Cannabis sperm bank... thats definitly good idea if you have insights in quality of males
you will purchase... if they are checked and they improve progeny i say why not
to use their services..

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now that sounds good. Going to have a look about.

I inadvertently just advertised for these guys, they better send me some free pollen! :laughing:

Cannabis sperm bank... thats definitly good idea if you have insights in quality of males
you will purchase... if they are checked and they improve progeny i say why not
to use their services..

I most certainly agree!
This is very innovative in the sense of you don't see places dedicated to just pollen. Maybe more sites will pop up like it, or the major bean retailers start selling it too.. Now thats a one stop shop!!

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the question is will you get a bunch of hemp pollen or what it says? or will you get anything at all?

I can't speak on the quality, seeing how they only ship in Canada.

People in that group had ordered from there & showed pics / said it was legit.

There were even some nice folks from Canada that will let you ship it to them & send it back to you - avoiding the loophole.

I don't think it's a scam/gimmick - but like i said i can't speak on the quality.

W

Water-

JD Short was selling male pollen last summer but im not sure if he still is.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How are they proving the pollen is what they say it is?

Are folks raving about the progeny or are they just excited that they can get some pollen?

therevverend

Veteran
There's a reason pollen isn't more accessible it's a tough sell. There's the short shelf life and most people don't want seeds in their garden. Hard to prove it's legit. There's a long wait to pollinate a plant, wait for the seed to set, harvest the seeds, dry them, then plant and grow. When you can just buy seeds and choose your own males.

That said I'm surprised there aren't more people out there at least trying to sell pollen. It seems like with the right male it'd be worth a try. There's more that goes into selection then pollen chucking two strains together if you're breeding for specific traits.

Some matches don't work for whatever reason the progeny never match up to the parents. Then you have a disappointed customer when it wasn't really the pollen distributor's fault.

Bob Green

Pollen looks more suspicious in the post and is similar charges to sending cuts in the mail. Plus the powers that be have turned a blind eye to the seed game a long, long time so most folks will stick to that for now.

The Rev makes good points as well.

But hell fuck yes it would be badass to order world class legit pollen from proven males, and reversed ladies.

B

BoxGrower

Pollen can be vaiable after 12 months with flour and in freezer,if you can defrost without condensation...

I think a per-order system may work in a solid circle - what does pollen sell for?

I'd rather buy the mature and dried male flower pods though, Silver works for me clones.

spray mist a rooted clone for a week with 40ppm silver and stick under 12/12 in a 1lt cup will give plenty of pollen.

here's Tangerine dream 10 days after going under 12/12.

picture.php

MintyMick

Being able to buy pollen would be awesome. The only problem I see is with verifying the pollen’s lineage...I would liken this to the same trepidation I feel when buying clones from a dispensary. Is it really what they say it is? Or are they just trying to make a quick buck?

I’d still probably buy some if it were available and I could see the male/ donor plant...and if it was a strain that i really, really wanted...

MintyMick

Maybe try buying regular seeds and collect the pollen...or flip that favorite strain you have to a male and collect the pollen. Also, you can check with any other growers you know and let them know if they have males that they would normally cull they should instead hook you up.

OldCoolSativa

I have kept pollen only in the fridge with it still working after 3 years. I'm sure freezer would extend even longer

Infinitelight5D, thanks for that real-world data point. The important part is making sure it's dry then keeping it either refrigerated or frozen.

Shanti has sold pollen from the Haze AC male to active members of MNS forums, but I have no idea of the cost and I doubt he'd do it for just anyone.

There's going to be a very small commercial market for pollen. A more practical situation is a breeding collective where members around the country/globe have a shared breeding objective and share pollen, cuts and cured samples by post. I've done this on a limited, friendly, pollen chucking haze mashup basis with an online friend who just used punto rojo x mangobiche pollen from my garden, which came from seeds he previously sent me. It's a lot of fun to share.