What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

largest yielding "outdoor" strain.

tommy1984

Hey every one I am just wondering what is the largest yielding strain that you know of. If a bunch of folks pitch in there 2 cents then we should have a good list of large yielders. From my research the largest thing I can find is BLUE DREAM it seems that tom hill and a few others pull several pounds per plant. So lets here it.

L

lordofthenugz

Largest outdoor plant I've ever seen was a Super Silver Haze. My friend didn't train or prune it at all and had to cut off almost six feet to prevent it from being seen from the front of the house. Finshed way late in October and yielded just over 3 lbs.

Cool Moe

Veteran
I once read 'bout strain called "beanstalk," legend was it went all the way through the clouds to a goose that layed golden eggs. That would be the largest yielding strain I've heard of.

supermanlives

Veteran
hey i had that strain . thing is i climbed up ,got them gold eggs and went to vegas. never weighed the yield lol. i had a nice sk1 once got over 3lbs. i grow mid size to small plants .

moondawg

It really depends on whether youre talking about legal, backyard grows that can be tended or guerilla grows which reicieve minimul cultivation. There is a huge difference in the 2 growing scenario's.

tommy1984

It really depends on whether youre talking about legal, backyard grows that can be tended or guerilla grows which reicieve minimul cultivation. There is a huge difference in the 2 growing scenario's.

Hmm, good point.. Lets meet in the middle and say the person can tend to them 3 times a week.

H

Hempe

big-stem.jpg

hey tommy this is an outdoor durban poison stem i got from the dutch passion website
also heres another picture of someone doing a dutch passion durban poison his is 13 feet and its not even as big as the stem pictured ^
http://www.420magazine.com/forums/j...on-big-bud-kalashnikova-outdoor-2012-a-4.html

i bet if you vegged it indoors for a month or two it would be a monster outside

Last edited by a moderator:

moondawg

Spontanica, KC Brains is the biggest yielding guerilla strain one can grow.

Perhaps in the backyard as well, but for guerilla, Spontanic is the most vigorous and hardy cannabis plant ive grown from well over 100 varieties of cannabis. Its vigor will change your definition of "hybrid vigor" and once grown, you will from that day forward judge all vigor by that demonstrated by spontanica.

Its potency is seriously underrated and most consider it a "9" but its growth rate is phenomenal, its bug proof, disease proof, storm proof and one tough,vigourous bitch and considering size/ yield and potency, she simply has no equal in guerilla growing.

12', 3lbs of smoke.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
plenty of big yieldin seedlines, but are they potent. thats were the Blue Dream comes in, good smoke, big growin plant. stays a nice lite green and great bag appeal.
there wouldnt be so many big plant growers growin the BD if it wasnt worth a rip.
heres a few shots of a BlackToothGrin plant that is huge, frosty and fast, from seed this year. dont yet know how the smoke will be but from past grows of this seedline, id bet it will be very nice:D

Attachments

• IMG_8256 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_8256 (800x600).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8248 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_8248 (800x600).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8246 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_8246 (800x600).jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8247 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_8247 (800x600).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8249 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_8249 (800x600).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 11

tommy1984

Jesus HEMP... Now that is a stem! I have some plants with stems that I can barly wrap my hand around but NOTHING like that! Man.. that is what I want.

H

Hempe

glad to hear it tommy i aim to please. I am going to be crossing their durban poison with an autoflowering thunder fuck called mini thunder fuck, hopefully this will create something immensely great with and intense potential for outdoor production.

moondawg

only 12 feet?

Guerilla plants hopefull dont, shouldnt, god help you if they do, get 12' tall Hempe. You have to get lucky or just have a very tough strain like spontanica. You just cant imaging what a 75mph wind gust with a little hail can do to a big, heavily budded plant. We have hogs so netting is a very bad idea. 12 footers dont survive often.

....goodnight my dear, good night
the moon is blue and bright.......